Waht is your opinion on Ben Solo

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Re: Waht is your opinion on Ben Solo

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Sounds like a band they probably violated a copyright.
..What mirror universe?
Captain Crimson
Captain

Post by Captain Crimson »

It was also trying to lure back EU fans by building something like the Fel Empire and the Imperial Knights.
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

I know this will anger some people but to be honest when it comes to movies pleasing fans of old EU is pretty much impossible for LF at this point considering that fans of old EU tend to hate new material on principle.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
Captain Crimson
Captain

Post by Captain Crimson »

Mecha82 wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:01 pm I know this will anger some people but to be honest when it comes to movies pleasing fans of old EU is pretty much impossible for LF at this point considering that fans of old EU tend to hate new material on principle.
I'll agree. I think that was a mistake. It was too beholden to not only the EU they said they booted for creative reasons, but also the OT. I'd have preferred something more artistically original. And we know Mr. Abrams has wanted full creative liberty on his SW projects for a while now. It's a pithing shame he did not get that, if the leaks for the original TROS have any grain of truth to them.
sayla0079
Captain

Post by sayla0079 »

Honestly, I think Ben was a poor imitation of Jacen solo from the older novels that did the exact same stuff but in fairness, Jacen had twenty years at least worth of development.
Wargriffin
Captain

Post by Wargriffin »

The Real issue with Ben is due to tying him to the hip to the FO who are literally burning down and oppressing the Galaxy cause... Their the bad guys it's what they do.

Ben's motives for sticking with them HAVE to be vague or nondescript to keep him sympathetic

Ben/ Kylo is effectively the Second main character of the ST ,

Jacen's fall is a slow burn and You know exactly what he is Falling for

Kylo's they keep vague so you can't judge him for his actions just yet.
"When you rule by fear, your greatest weakness is the one who's no longer afraid."