MST3K The Show - Seasons 1-10

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
ProfessorDetective
Captain

Re: MST3K The Show - Season 9

Post by ProfessorDetective »

TGLS wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 4:20 pm The Danes make Lego. The can make a semi-decent anything.
And Trool dolls... and Aqua (the band... they did 'Barbie Girl')... and Mads Mikkelsen...
ChrisTheLovableJerk
Officer

Re: MST3K The Show - Season 10

Post by ChrisTheLovableJerk »

Here's a little fun fact about It Lives by Night, the makeup effects were created by none other than Stan Winston. He actually sued the people who made this movie because when it was first released under the title The Bat People, his credit in the opening that he was promised in the contract wasn't there, so later releases and tv-versions had his promised credit.

And about Merlin's Shop, the evil monkey segment is a blatant ripoff of a Stephen King short story, The Monkey.

A Case of Spring Fever has got to be the best Mike-era short, it's just such a strange little film and I would love to have more background on it, like was there really an anti-spring movement that required a PSA so pro-springs?

And to be fair to Squirm, one can't fairly judge how scary it is or not from the episode because a ton of footage cut out of the MST3K version because of how gory it was, which was why Spring Fever managed to make it in, so let's all thank the worms of death for our dark overlord, Coily!
CMWaters
Officer

Post by CMWaters »

ProfessorDetective wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 4:18 pm
CMWaters wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 3:46 pm Like the little ending montage to the end credits theme there.

Now the big question: will he do Seasons 11 and 12?
I was about to ask. The Netflix has been pretty fun, so far. Who knew the DANISH could make a semi-decent Kaiju movie?
Well of course they could. After all...

♪Every country has a monster they're afraid of in their nation.♪
"You're only given a little spark of madness. And if you lose that, you're nothing."
Robin Williams
1978 HBO Special
Beastro
Captain

Re: MST3K The Show - Season 8

Post by Beastro »

bronnt wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 9:08 pm There's some real charm in "The Final Sacrifice." You've got a character with an awesome name like Zap Rowsdower, but he's sort of an every-man hero. He actually works in the way Bruce Willis worked in the original Die Hard.
The way things are these days with ironic humour, I wouldn't be surprised to see someone seriously make "Zap & Troy: The Legendary Journeys".
Anonymous97
Redshirt

Post by Anonymous97 »

Am I the only one who thinks that Danger Diabolik was almost too good for this series to make an episode on? It's definitely tonally uneven but its production design is quite lavish and well crafted compared to the other rubbish they riffed on and it actually feels like the film is someones vision as opposed to just another dime a dozen schlock-fest.
CMWaters
Officer

Post by CMWaters »

Anonymous97 wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 6:09 am Am I the only one who thinks that Danger Diabolik was almost too good for this series to make an episode on? It's definitely tonally uneven but its production design is quite lavish and well crafted compared to the other rubbish they riffed on and it actually feels like the film is someones vision as opposed to just another dime a dozen schlock-fest.
As I am in communication with a friend of mine in Germany that is going through the series via box sets, I can tell you that every now and then there are movies that seem too good for MST on the show. Another example would be Hercules Unchained for how much has been put into sets and such in that movie. Some would also argue that "This Island Earth" was too good, but I see that as they didn't want something TOO terrible to use for the movie for potential new audiences.
"You're only given a little spark of madness. And if you lose that, you're nothing."
Robin Williams
1978 HBO Special
pilight
Officer

Post by pilight »

I saw Soultaker during its limited theatrical run, making it the second film I saw in a theater to be MSTed. Alien From LA was the first.
Scififan
Officer

Post by Scififan »

Is he going to do the movie?
ProfessorDetective
Captain

Post by ProfessorDetective »

CMWaters wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 3:19 am
ProfessorDetective wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 4:18 pm
CMWaters wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 3:46 pm Like the little ending montage to the end credits theme there.

Now the big question: will he do Seasons 11 and 12?
I was about to ask. The Netflix has been pretty fun, so far. Who knew the DANISH could make a semi-decent Kaiju movie?
Well of course they could. After all...

♪Every country has a monster they're afraid of in their nation.♪
♪Every monster... has a country... Yeah, a station they call their home!♪
cdrood
Officer

Post by cdrood »

For those unaware, Space Mutiny's Reb Brown portrayed Captain America (sort of) in two made for TV movies.