MST3K The Show - Seasons 1-10

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Beastro
Captain

Re: MST3K The Show - Season 10

Post by Beastro »

CMWaters wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 11:10 am Some would also argue that "This Island Earth" was too good, but I see that as they didn't want something TOO terrible to use for the movie for potential new audiences.
IIRC, Ebert was one who didn't like the MST3K movie because he felt it was too good to mock.

Rifftrax has proven that good movies are just as funny to riff as bad ones. The only thing is really good movies often get shaky. Their Alien riff is amazingly sub-par with long sections of silence from them.

It felt almost like Kevin and Bill didn't want to make fun of it and were too engrossed.
Hero_Of_Shadows
Officer

Post by Hero_Of_Shadows »

Sorry to be an downer but does anybody know when some non-MST3K content will re-start, it's been a lot of only MST3k lately.
Robovski
Captain

Post by Robovski »

Probably after the hiatus; Chuck is currently moving/restoring content this week. There isn't that much more MST3K material to work with in the format he's been putting out.
ProfessorDetective
Captain

Post by ProfessorDetective »

cdrood wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 2:58 am For those unaware, Space Mutiny's Reb Brown portrayed Captain America (sort of) in two made for TV movies.
He was also in Howling 2 and an episode of Miami Vice... I used to watch Spoony's videos on him, back when Spoony was still around...
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

ProfessorDetective wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 4:06 am
cdrood wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 2:58 am For those unaware, Space Mutiny's Reb Brown portrayed Captain America (sort of) in two made for TV movies.
He was also in Howling 2 and an episode of Miami Vice... I used to watch Spoony's videos on him, back when Spoony was still around...
Back when he show effort.
Beastro
Captain

Post by Beastro »

ProfessorDetective wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 4:06 am I used to watch Spoony's videos on him, back when Spoony was still sane...
ftfy

Miss him. :(
ProfessorDetective
Captain

Post by ProfessorDetective »

Beastro wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 5:48 am
ProfessorDetective wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 4:06 am I used to watch Spoony's videos on him, back when Spoony was still sane...
ftfy

Miss him. :(
Same... His Ultima Retrospective is one of my favorites.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Hero_Of_Shadows wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 8:07 pm Sorry to be an downer but does anybody know when some non-MST3K content will re-start, it's been a lot of only MST3k lately.
Seems like he's been doing Trek to a regular once a week schedule. Maybe a little chunked from Chaos mode and virus, save for a few substitutes by parody related materials.
Power laces... alright.
Scififan
Officer

Post by Scififan »

So is he going to do the movie and is he going to review the Netflix show?
Beastro
Captain

Post by Beastro »

Scififan wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 2:50 am So is he going to do the movie and is he going to review the Netflix show?
Hopefully the former and not the latter.

Riffing hasn't been the same for years. Even Rifftrax isn't the same anymore with the guys getting on in age and health and shuffling most, if not all, of the writing onto others with the resulting nose dive in quality to the jokes.