Upcoming Films

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
MissKittyFantastico
Officer

Re: Upcoming Films

Post by MissKittyFantastico »

I'm slooooowly warming up to AT-AT In The Mist after initially not taking to it at all (there's probably a level of self-convincing going on, since I'm pretty sure I'm going to wind up buying the Lego set, and I don't want to feel like I'm doing it just for the minifigs) - I feel like it could make quite an impact when we see it in action. (The scout walker, though, just no; I have standards.)

The dreadnought is... okay. I mean from a visual language point of view I kind of like what it (and the whole 'family' of tech) says about the First Order, that they're not here to win the Kuat Yards beauty pageant, they just want a way from getting from A to B and then shooting B with big-ass Exterminatus guns, but my personal preference is still for a bit more class. The Finalizer or whatever it was called managed to retain a certain brutal elegance even as it was obviously going down that path, but this one's just dull.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

So, do we think Snoke is an alien or just a heavily deformed human?
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
King of the owls
Officer

Post by King of the owls »

I'm leaning towards heavily deformed human or maybe a very old human.(As in "Was considered middle aged when obi wan was born."
) I hope I'm wrong and he's a alien but I doubt it.
The Romulan Republic
Captain

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Well, at least Andy Serkis would get to play something other than a weird critter for a change. ;)
Ordo
Officer

Post by Ordo »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote:So, do we think Snoke is an alien or just a heavily deformed human?
The Toy set of his lair shows him to be significantly taller than his Praetorian guard.

So he's at least 'Basket Ball' Player height.
Fixer
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Fixer »

MissKittyFantastico wrote:I'm slooooowly warming up to AT-AT In The Mist after initially not taking to it at all (there's probably a level of self-convincing going on, since I'm pretty sure I'm going to wind up buying the Lego set, and I don't want to feel like I'm doing it just for the minifigs) - I feel like it could make quite an impact when we see it in action. (The scout walker, though, just no; I have standards.)

The dreadnought is... okay. I mean from a visual language point of view I kind of like what it (and the whole 'family' of tech) says about the First Order, that they're not here to win the Kuat Yards beauty pageant, they just want a way from getting from A to B and then shooting B with big-ass Exterminatus guns, but my personal preference is still for a bit more class. The Finalizer or whatever it was called managed to retain a certain brutal elegance even as it was obviously going down that path, but this one's just dull.
Agreed. it would be cool if they had something closer to the sleek awesomeness of the Pellaeon class from Legends.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Pellaeon ... _Destroyer
Thread ends here. Cut along dotted line.
------8<--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ordo
Officer

Post by Ordo »

When it comes to Class, the FO has none. I mean their Supreme Leaders rolls around in a Gold robe....talk about gaudy.
Fixer
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Fixer »

Ordo wrote:When it comes to Class, the FO has none. I mean their Supreme Leaders rolls around in a Gold robe....talk about gaudy.
Not an unreasonable request.

youtu.be/fNV27MJF8C8
Thread ends here. Cut along dotted line.
------8<--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Robovski
Captain

Post by Robovski »

It amused me to think of Snoke as teeny tiny, just appearing huge through the holoprojector. But they'll never do it.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

...that sounds GREAT. :D
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville