Joe Biden defense thread

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Re: Joe Biden defense thread

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Captain Crimson wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 12:11 pm I've known some of my female friends to talk about r$%@ that way as a hyperbole for someone who is just grabby, like Mr. Biden is.
Crimson, are you sure that they actually think you are their friend? Or are you just a person that circumstances force them to tolerate? Because if I was a woman, I would feel way less inclined to trust a "friend" who talked about me that way.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Captain Crimson
Captain

Post by Captain Crimson »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 8:15 pm
Captain Crimson wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 12:11 pm I've known some of my female friends to talk about r$%@ that way as a hyperbole for someone who is just grabby, like Mr. Biden is.
Crimson, are you sure that they actually think you are their friend? Or are you just a person that circumstances force them to tolerate? Because if I was a woman, I would feel way less inclined to trust a "friend" who talked about me that way.
Maybe I miscommunicated the context. Let me clarify. I had a woman friend who seemed to flip-flop on an assault she'd always discussed. That he was grabby, had molested her, touched her chest, but at one point she went on about full-blown unwanted sex. At various points, you have to ask, why don't you take this to trial? It's clear something had happened, given how often she talked about it, but that it was too traumatic to do so. To face him again. And that it's being misrememberd. So it's hard to say which it is. I mean, it's slight degrees of evil and as people we tend to use hyperbole a lot. But I can confidentally say she'd been sexually denigrated somehow. The extent to which, I can't say. That is not the only incident either, but I never stopped giving them the benefit of the doubt, since I can afford that luxury as a nobody, relatively speaking.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

It's not hard to say which it is. Everything there is consistent. Taking a sexual assailant to trial is an exercise in futility. You make it very plain from your own words that you are not somebody this "friend" can really trust or rely on for support.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

You know nothing about the person, you know nothing about what happened and all you really have is, a very vague third-person account and yet you automatically assume that Crimson's friend is the victim and is a 100% truthful. Such standards...
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

A hit dog will holler.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Did Captain Crimson order the code red?
..What mirror universe?
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 10:19 am A hit dog will holler.
And that's supposed to imply what in this case exactly?
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Somebody who goes on about how much women exaggerate rape claims, even women they consider friends, probably isn't the best ally to women.
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

Is this thread for general Joe Biden defense, or just for allegations that Joe Biden committed sexual assault?
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

..What mirror universe?