Another day, another police beating in America

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Captain Crimson
Captain

Re: Another day, another police beating in America

Post by Captain Crimson »

Draco Dracul wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:36 pm
Madner Kami wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:02 pm Back in the sixties, you'd be one of those people who calls soldiers baby-killers, wouldn't you? These cops are humans and, sadly, thanks to the great politicians in your country, not exactly highly trained professionals. And even those can snap.
And in the sixties you'd be siding with cops as they released attack dogs and riot hoses on civil rights protesters.
False equivalency. The civil rights movement had many such leaders back then calling for peaceful protest. Nowadays it seems more like the top dogs of the DNC want the chaos. A few have in the past been caught out in stirring the flames of outrage. So yes, it's how they feel. They want us as divided as the GOP does.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

It's not a few bad apples. Any good cops will be lucky to just lose their jobs. https://twitter.com/yezvarn_qvilaxl/status/1268744649792987137
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Captain Crimson wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:31 pm
Madner Kami wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:02 pm Back in the sixties, you'd be one of those people who calls soldiers baby-killers, wouldn't you? These cops are humans and, sadly, thanks to the great politicians in your country, not exactly highly trained professionals. And even those can snap.
And in the sixties you'd be siding with cops as they released attack dogs and riot hoses on civil rights protesters.
False equivalency. The civil rights movement had many such leaders back then calling for peaceful protest. Nowadays it seems more like the top dogs of the DNC want the chaos. A few have in the past been caught out in stirring the flames of outrage. So yes, it's how they feel. They want us as divided as the GOP does.
The civil rights movement was harranged by white moderates like you. Read "Letters From Birmingham Jail" sometime because it is addressed directly to you.
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

James Earl Ray is a THEY? Like, conjoined twins? Multiple personalities? Is he royalty or something?

Here's one place your thought processes show disease, Fuzzy:
Protestors: Some of us allegedly looted and burned down Target
Police: we have committed multiple war crimes on camera
(emphasis added)

Collective responsibility for some.
Captain Crimson
Captain

Post by Captain Crimson »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:51 am
Captain Crimson wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:31 pm
The civil rights movement was harranged by white moderates like you. Read "Letters From Birmingham Jail" sometime because it is addressed directly to you.
Yes, and lashing out and delivering that kinda payback worked out so well long-term, didn't it?

Also refer to my comments on the progress we've made. In many states back then, interracial marriage was literally illegal. Now it's not. You are defined by how you respond when in a crisis, so you will never get me to accept that "traitor" label you're subtly trying to hang upon me. I think all we see on the news is a smokescreen. An attempt to keep us divided. And it's ironic you will say that. But would you agree with Mr. Biden? Any black republican voter at this stage "ain't black?" If so, then it's an entirely paternalistic attitude to have towards minorities. That's my big craw with the left. It's really just as racist as the hard right elements.

It's also another false equivalency. I have never felt the need to threaten anyone in my entire life. Even here, when things are getting heated.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

So now you're trash talking MLK? What? Did you quote the wrong post?
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Yeah. I forgot about legalized interracial marriage. I just knew the rioters and the rest of society were forgetting something.
..What mirror universe?
CmdrKing
Captain

Post by CmdrKing »

Darth Wedgius wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:54 am
(emphasis added)

Nah.

When some cops violently assault protesters and others stand by and watch, all of them committed a war crime. It's addressed collectively because all of them participated in the action.
I guess any cops that stayed home that day are excused from the war crimes. Ignoring that days off are cancelled and they're on 7 12s in some jurisdictions right now.
GreyICE
Captain

Post by GreyICE »

Darth Wedgius wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:54 amHere's one place your thought processes show disease, Fuzzy:
Protestors: Some of us allegedly looted and burned down Target
Police: we have committed multiple war crimes on camera
(emphasis added)

Have we not gone over this? Cops are part of an organization. That is why they're on a police force. They have superiors, and accountability, and operate as a company.

Protesters are ordinary Americans who have an issue with the ongoing campaign of brutality, violence, and aggression being waged against people who have done nothing more than draw the attention of belligerant psychopaths whose behavior is encouraged and rewarded.

Case in point:

One cop moved to help him. That cop was restrained by another cop, who prevented the "good cop" from assisting this man - a 75-year old man who wanted to return a lost helmet to the police, and who was injured so badly he had blood running from his ears.

What happened when the one cop who assaulted this man (and may have killed him - he's in critical condition) was suspended? Just one cop?

57 members of the Buffalo police resign (from the riot squad) to protest a cop being suspended for assault, battery, and attempted murder :https://buffalonews.com/2020/06/05/57-members-of-buffalo-police-riot-response-team-resign/

There is one case of diseased thinking here - anyone who says this is okay. Anyone who thinks these are single, solitary incidents happening in isolation. Anyone who thinks that you can compare a group of ordinary Americans to police forces who should be trained and have policies to prevent this (instead they are trained and have policies to encourage it).

Here's a good video, the murder training of police. The course is entitled Killology, and 2,100 police departments have engaged this man to train them over

youtu.be/ETf7NJOMS6Y

He also famously tells cops that after a gun battle, most cops go home to have "their best sex in years."

So yes, the police literally kill people to get their rocks off. It's not an exaggeration, it's the literal, actual truth.
Knowledge-Based Education – We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) (values clarification), critical thinking skills and similar programs

- Republican Party Platform
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

To the people citing MLK Jr. as the barometer for “orderly protest” - Any version of his story that doesn’t include the firehoses, attack dogs, bombings, beatings, and lynchings is whitewashed - every step of his movement was disorderly, every action was against the law, and every time it was met with violent response disguised by a badge - discomfort, pain, and disorderly behavior are the catalyst for change - if you believe that we should just go along to get along, you are wrong - history is clear, there exists no neutral position - you are either actively against racism, or you are racist - remember what happened to MLK Jr., remember who did it, remember why they did it - what better place than here, what better time than now.