What video games are you playing?

For anything and everything that's not already covered in the other forums. Except for that which is forbidden. Check the forum guidelines to make sure or risk the wrath of the warrior cobalt tarantulas!
Steve
Doctor's Assistant

Re: What video games are you playing?

Post by Steve »

I just finished a replay of Imperium Galactica, a 1997 Hungarian-made 4X space RTS game that also included a bit of SimCity-lite to it and, for the earlier ranks, had an RPGish feel to it with a fairly simplistic storyline. The RPG element, including getting missions from planetary governors in your sector and such, goes away after you reach the third rank of the game, at which the space strategy game element takes over completely. The SimCity elements are because you actually construct individual buildings on the surfaces of your planets in a SimCity-style format, having to make sure your worlds have sufficient food generation, hospital capacity, and living space for the population, plus energy.

I'm trying to focus on my writing right now, but I do want to resume my playthrough of Rebel Galaxy. I got it for free from GOG when I bought IG and some other games (including the ultimate edition of DAO).
"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

Administrator of SFD, Former Spacebattles Super-Mod, Veteran Chatnik. And multiverse crossover-loving writer, of course!
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

Mace Griffin Bounty Hunter . Really fun little oldie.
Fixer
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Fixer »

Started playing Heroes of the Storm again now they've brought out the 2.0 release.
Liking some of the new heroes, Varian allows you to spec him as burst, sustained damage or tank spec instead of having an ultimate at level 10. Pulled off an awesome series with kills with him the other day.

youtu.be/PLY7cd_HXd8

Pretty good for free to play :)
Thread ends here. Cut along dotted line.
------8<--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ChiggyvonRichthofen
Captain

Post by ChiggyvonRichthofen »

Having just watched Tarkovsky's Stalker and purchased Roadside Picnic, I'm now replaying Shadow of Chernobyl. Tarkovsky's version and the game series are... not similar for the most part, but I'm a fan of both for different reasons. I'm going with a couple mods, mostly for bug fixes and graphics. I usually stick with the vanilla version, but there's been a lot of great stalker mods and SoC could use a few fixes.
The owls are not what they seem.
SabreMau
Officer

Post by SabreMau »

Just bought Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late[st].

Currently using a Japanese dictionary app to learn how to play this.
Arkle
Officer

Post by Arkle »

In addition to my twice weekly sessions of Mass Effect Andromeda, I've been playing that dating sim Dream Daddy. I'm enjoying it. Funny in a lot of places, but also honestly emotional in others. I'm not even a father (thank goodness) and I could still relate to a lot of the conversation you (your character) has with "your" daughter Amanda.
Incorrect Voyager Quotes: http://incorrectvoyagerquotes.tumblr.com/
My Voyager fic, A Fire of Devotion: http://archiveofourown.org/series/404320
---
PerrySimm
Captain

Post by PerrySimm »

Hey, Half-Life 3 finally came out! Story-wise, anyway.

It's not really a finale and the scale of the plot feels more like an HL2E3 than the gist of a full 100-hour HL3, but if you felt any attachment to Gordon Freeman and Alyx Vance, this may be all there is to close it out.
UGxlYXNlIHByb3ZpZGUgeW91ciBjaGFsbGVuZ2UgcmVzcG9uc2UgZm9yIFJFRCA5NC4K
Steve
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Steve »

I've been playing HOIV lately. As in, I was awake for 28.5 hours due to marathoning it yesterday. Trying a UK playthrough. It's always fun to CRUSH Nazis. Now I have to deal with those perfidious Commies (dammit Stalin AI, you could've waited until we finished off Japan before enabling the Southern Thrust national focuses!).
"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

Administrator of SFD, Former Spacebattles Super-Mod, Veteran Chatnik. And multiverse crossover-loving writer, of course!
Robovski
Captain

Post by Robovski »

I've been playing some Path of Exile and some Children of Zodiarcs which has a nice dice crafting mechanic.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Baldur's Gate. It's a wild escapist fantasy where I can afford decent gear, buy drinks for people at bars, sleep in nice rooms, and where hard work leads directly to progress and rewards.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville