Another day, another police beating in America

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Re: Another day, another police beating in America

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Makeshift Python
Captain

Post by Makeshift Python »

That guy is only human, he should be given a break.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Well I would never compare any part of their job from operation to customer service to soft serve ice cream, but to each their own.
..What mirror universe?
GreyICE
Captain

Post by GreyICE »

It's just vandalism, it's nothing compared to the people the police have brutalized - the woman in the first aid tent who nearly died when they threw a concussion grenade in. It's nothing compared to the dozens of people who have lost eyes. Nothing compared to the kid in Texas who is brain damaged, the man in buffalo in critical condition.

There's something just so tawdy about this.

Knowledge-Based Education – We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) (values clarification), critical thinking skills and similar programs

- Republican Party Platform
Makeshift Python
Captain

If the protesters just didn't come out to accuse cops of committing police brutality, maybe those cops wouldn't have slashed their tires. So it's clearly the protesters' fault.

:roll:
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

Makeshift Python wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:32 pm If the protesters just didn't come out to accuse cops of committing police brutality, maybe those cops wouldn't have slashed their tires. So it's clearly the protesters' fault.

:roll:
Are you feeling alright?
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
Makeshift Python
Captain

I'll never tell.

Edit: In another news, now Trump is accusing the 75 year old for working for ANTIFA and jamming police communications.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1270333484528214018

BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

attachment=0]maxresdefault.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
maxresdefault.jpg
..What mirror universe?
Draco Dracul
Captain

Post by Draco Dracul »

Makeshift Python wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:20 am That guy is only human, he should be given a break.
Preferably a Jones Fracture because it's not life threatening, but would keep him off the streets for at least six weeks.
GreyICE
Captain

Post by GreyICE »

I'm happy to say it. Donald Trump is officially irrelevant. These aren't getting reactions, because they're just tweets from a crazy uncle. They're not provocative, or edgy, or "pwning the libs". It's just tired.

Trump ain't part of the solution, and I am so happy to say it's irrelevant.

In Seattle news, police abandoned the East precinct, and it's become a headquarters for protesters to hand out first aid and supplies. Apparently they nearly killed someone with a concussion grenade to the chest,and then they shot at the people tending her. That might have been their last straw, because they realized the optics of nearly killing a protester with a grenade (or next time actually killing one) while they were "attacked" with umbrellas was not good. I'll update when I know how she's doing.

They thought the building would be burned to the ground, but it's being treated very well. Allegedly, of course, I'd not go inside a government building "illegally occupied" by protesters. Even if they left the front door unlocked.

I wonder, can you be said to police a city if you don't actually have any police buildings inside the city? Is there a point where the government has to admit de facto that the city itself has rejected their police department, and they have to do something else?
Knowledge-Based Education – We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) (values clarification), critical thinking skills and similar programs

- Republican Party Platform