Another day, another police beating in America

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Antiboyscout
Captain

Re: Another day, another police beating in America

Post by Antiboyscout »

Plz stop. They have a dictator now who has decreed that everyone that comes in should be searched for weapons at gun point if need be, and people have been threatened with baseball bats for alleged stealing. So much for de-escalation tactics :roll:

https://www.bitchute.com/video/96SYa34Bg2JI/

https://twitter.com/i/status/1271267559569047552

https://hannity.com/media-room/chaos-in-seattle-governor-says-zone-peaceful-police-chief-reports-rapes-robberies-violent-acts/?utm_source=socialflow
Captain Crimson
Captain

Post by Captain Crimson »

Antiboyscout wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:16 pm
Captain Crimson wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:27 pm Maybe we should stop in thinking the other side are traitors out to destroy the US. That would be a start.
You sure about that?

https://nypost.com/2020/06/12/raz-simone-accused-of-acting-like-warlord-in-seattles-chaz/

Radicals do not equal most people out there, yet radicalization increasingly dictates you take one side over the other.
GreyICE
Captain

Post by GreyICE »

Raz showed up for a few days and made a fool out of himself. Some people talked to him the other day, and he left. Classic de-escalation right there. A good conversation about how he isn't helping the movement, and he leaves in his Tesla. That's what de-escalation is. It turns out even untrained people are better at it than the cops.

At this point you are telling someone who is literally a few blocks away from the zone right now about how it is. It could be less rainy.

Really you get all your news from Hannity it is no surprise you think this way.

Anyway back on topic, good protests are going on.
Knowledge-Based Education – We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) (values clarification), critical thinking skills and similar programs

- Republican Party Platform
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Captain Crimson wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:28 pmRadicals do not equal most people out there, yet radicalization increasingly dictates you take one side over the other.
What? That's the opposite of radicalism.
..What mirror universe?
GreyICE
Captain

Post by GreyICE »

Hey bridge do you mind starting a thread about Chad for these people? I kind of hate this interface on my phone, and it's clear they want to discuss it badly.
Knowledge-Based Education – We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) (values clarification), critical thinking skills and similar programs

- Republican Party Platform
Antiboyscout
Captain

Post by Antiboyscout »

GreyICE wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:29 pm Raz showed up for a few days and made a fool out of himself. Some people talked to him the other day, and he left. Classic de-escalation right there. A good conversation about how he isn't helping the movement, and he leaves in his Tesla. That's what de-escalation is. It turns out even untrained people are better at it than the cops.

At this point you are telling someone who is literally a few blocks away from the zone right now about how it is. It could be less rainy.

Really you get all your news from Hannity it is no surprise you think this way.

Anyway back on topic, good protests are going on.
You: Don't make assumptions

Also You: LOL you get all your news from Hannity
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Captain Crimson wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:27 pm As I'd said before elsewhere, people nowadays come down like a bag of bricks on the 1994 crime bill, but near as I can tell, many black communities supported that at the time. So it's not the smoking gun opponents like to make it seem like. And leftists get too hung up on words like "superpredator" which having met some actual Gen X gang members who are now reformed, can be white too, you know!

The issue here isn't about the good apples, as you say. It's the hate mob coming down on police. Hate, hate, hate, nonstop seething hate. And that simply makes us versus them more ingrained and harder to fight. Mr. Witwer shouldn't be compelled to bow to pressure in defending his police friend, as I trust his word that he is honorable, and you got users like Fuzzy Necromancer still showing such disbelief toward that. More of the same "collective war criminals" rhetoric. How do you deal with a society that is being increasingly radicalized? Maybe we should stop in thinking the other side are traitors out to destroy the US. That would be a start.
People hate police because police keep attacking them. :|
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Captain Crimson
Captain

Post by Captain Crimson »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:50 pm
Captain Crimson wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:27 pm As I'd said before elsewhere, people nowadays come down like a bag of bricks on the 1994 crime bill, but near as I can tell, many black communities supported that at the time. So it's not the smoking gun opponents like to make it seem like. And leftists get too hung up on words like "superpredator" which having met some actual Gen X gang members who are now reformed, can be white too, you know!

The issue here isn't about the good apples, as you say. It's the hate mob coming down on police. Hate, hate, hate, nonstop seething hate. And that simply makes us versus them more ingrained and harder to fight. Mr. Witwer shouldn't be compelled to bow to pressure in defending his police friend, as I trust his word that he is honorable, and you got users like Fuzzy Necromancer still showing such disbelief toward that. More of the same "collective war criminals" rhetoric. How do you deal with a society that is being increasingly radicalized? Maybe we should stop in thinking the other side are traitors out to destroy the US. That would be a start.
They hate police because it's trendy now. There's always a legitimate reason to get upset about some new thing the human race has done.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Right. Nothing happened that made them mad. Brilliant speculation Chomsky.
..What mirror universe?
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Captain Crimson wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:45 pm
Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:50 pm

They hate police because it's trendy now. There's always a legitimate reason to get upset about some new thing the human race has done.
They hate police because they or their friends were poisoned or bludgeoned or arrested by police for protesting police brutality. It's something you can see. They got video and everything.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville