Another day, another police beating in America

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Re: Another day, another police beating in America

Post by Darth Wedgius »

No, because "linked" is very vague. If you have a cop that is in a group that also has members linked to white supremacy, that cop can still be a good person.

If you have protesters in the same group as murderers, are the protesters not good people?
GreyICE
Captain

Post by GreyICE »

So the head of the police union is in a motorcycle gang full of white supremacists. A POLICE motorcycle club that is full of white supremacists. And Darth thinks that the cops are good people.
Darth Wedgius wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:45 pm No, because "linked" is very vague. If you have a cop that is in a group that also has members linked to white supremacy, that cop can still be a good person.

If you have protesters in the same group as murderers, are the protesters not good people?
Are the protesters part of an official organization that is full of murderers? If they're all affiliated with ISIS, then yes, they're all bad people. Do you disagree? Do you think there's lots of good people in ISIS too?

I'm actually laughing my ass off by the way. Bob Kroll has been sued for creating a hostile work environment because he was wearing white supremacist symbols. Bob Kroll is part of a group the ADL has noted wears white symbols. Bob Kroll hangs out with other police officers, some of which have Reischadler, KKK, and pro-lynching symbols and tattoos. It's a motorcycle club for cops!

But Darth thinks that these cops are probably good people.

How hard is it to admit that there's a lot of racist cops, and a lot of racism in the police? You are literally staring at the Reischadler and asking "are you sure it's a racist symbol"? No, I think it was meant as a symbol of equality when it was designed by motherfucking Adolph Hitler.
Knowledge-Based Education – We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) (values clarification), critical thinking skills and similar programs

- Republican Party Platform
Antiboyscout
Captain

Post by Antiboyscout »

GreyICE wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:34 pm
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:32 pm
GreyICE wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:34 pm Hey bridge do you mind starting a thread about Chad for these people? I kind of hate this interface on my phone, and it's clear they want to discuss it badly.
Well I just now figured out that you were referring to Chaz, and what Chaz crudely is.

First I thought you might be referring to Chad theory and was confused.

So far this reminds me about how I was born in a religious commune which was pretty common around the late seventies to mid-eighties in norcal.
Hah, that's pretty funny. Autocorrect got me.

So in your time in the religious commune, did you see any flat-winged eagles above a ring with a cross in the ring? Because boy, I've never seen that symbol in any church. As I recall the Holy Roman Empire eagle looked more like, oh, this:

Not this:

*Snip* Sorry but Google Adsense doesn't like this image.
Nobody give a sh*t about the HRE

Antiboyscout
Captain

Post by Antiboyscout »

GreyICE wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:19 pm
Oh no you don't. You don't get to claim that every Aquila in the world is a nazi symbol
Do tell us more where you found this flag? Wherever would you find a piece of Christian symbology that looks so like the Nazi flag. Would it happen to have been made post-WW2?

But lets go more into this gang. Per the ADL: https://www.adl.org/sites/default/files/documents/assets/pdf/combating-hate/ADL_CR_Bigots_on_Bikes_online.pdf
This is true even among some biker clubs that are not outlaw gangs. Even the City Heat Motorcycle Club, an
off-duty police motorcycle club with chapters in Chicago and Minneapolis, has members who have openly
displayed white supremacist symbols. Photographs of City Heat members taken by other club members
and posted to the Internet have shown that some members of the club display a number of symbols on their
clothing that have white supremacist or hateful connotations. One member sports a patch that asks “Are
you here for the hanging?”—a reference to lynching. The lynching theme is corroborated by a small chain
noose the individual wears next to the patch. Another City Heat member displays the most common Ku Klux
Klan symbol, the so-called “Blood Drop Cross.” Several members wear “Proud to be White” patches, an item
typically worn by white supremacists.
Ah the ADL, and organization that can take the phrase "proud to be white" and the OK sign and make them into white supremacist symbols.
GreyICE
Captain

Post by GreyICE »

Antiboyscout wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:07 pmNobody give a sh*t about the HRE
That's a different symbol. For reference, here's the cop's tattoo:

And the symbol the ADF was "getting worked up over" were noose badges, and the Blood Drop Cross

Why am I not surprised that we're at the point where you're trying to discredit the ADL though?

Anyway, police in Atlanta just shot a black man in the back. So this should go over very well.
Knowledge-Based Education – We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) (values clarification), critical thinking skills and similar programs

Antiboyscout
Captain

Post by Antiboyscout »

GreyICE wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:14 pm
Antiboyscout wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:07 pmNobody give a sh*t about the HRE
That's a different symbol. For reference, here's the cop's tattoo:

And the symbol the ADF was "getting worked up over" were noose badges, and the Blood Drop Cross

Why am I not surprised that we're at the point where you're trying to discredit the ADL though?

Anyway, police in Atlanta just shot a black man in the back. So this should go over very well.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/06/13/atlanta-shooting-police-officer-kills-black-man-wendys-drive-thru/3183209001/

Reynolds said that, based on the videos, Brooks appeared to have a Taser in his hand as he ran from officers and, when he was a "relatively short distance away" or "five, six, seven parking spaces," Brooks turned around and pointed the Taser at the officers. That's when one officer took out his weapon and fired it, Reynolds said.
Antiboyscout
Captain

Post by Antiboyscout »

And If I wanted to discredit the ADL I would just post this article from their own website

https://www.adl.org/education/resources/fact-sheets/response-to-common-inaccuracy-bi-national-one-state-solution

Here's the juicy bit: "Furthermore, bi-nationalism is unworkable given current realities and historic animosities. With historically high birth rates among the Palestinians, and a possible influx of Palestinian refugees and their descendants now living around the world, Jews would quickly be a minority within a bi-national state, thus likely ending any semblance of equal representation and protections. In this situation, the Jewish population would be increasingly politically – and potentially physically – vulnerable.

It is unrealistic and unacceptable to expect the State of Israel to voluntarily subvert its own sovereign existence and nationalist identity and become a vulnerable minority within what was once its own territory."
GreyICE
Captain

Post by GreyICE »

I'm not sure you quite understand what discrediting means. "I don't like their opinion about Israel, therefore the KKK's Blood Drop Cross isn't racist" is not how it works.

I guess you could believe that that man was a "fan of roman history" who just happened to get the Tattoo completely wrong - wrong eagle shape, wrong size laurel leaves, wrong symbol in the center. In a way that happened to leave it looking exactly like the Nazi eagle. And the nooses they wear mean they're a fan of knot making! And the Blood Drop Cross isn't racist, because Israel!

Right. Well, that's one set of opinions. Fortunately there's members of these forums who are not you, so I'll chat with the grownups now.

GreyICE
Captain

Post by GreyICE »

Okay, so update, the police chief resigned, and Atlanta is immediately firing the officer: https://www.ajc.com/news/local-education/atlanta-protests-live-updates-from-response-rayshard-brooks-shooting/3a2YSQAMCN1pf62nQa2K2O/?ecmp=norfu&utm_medium=social&utm_source=norfu_fb

Not that "a firing" is a good response to shooting someone in the back, but it does show some accountability.

Instagram video (STRONG WARNING): https://www.instagram.com/p/CBXwm-mgh9y/?igshid=1u02dj7svn2jx

The video clearly shows they were shooting near children as well.

This is exactly why escalation tactics are dangerous. On top of murdering a man, they might have killed children as well. It's funny, when I took gun safety classes, they were very clear that you never escalate non-lethal situations into lethal ones. You shoot only when your life is under serious threat, and there are no other options.

Either the police haven't taken basic gun safety classes any citizen who owns a gun should, or they are willfully ignoring them.

Antiboyscout
Captain

Post by Antiboyscout »

GreyICE wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:37 pm I'm not sure you quite understand what discrediting means. "I don't like their opinion about Israel, therefore the KKK's Blood Drop Cross isn't racist" is not how it works.

I guess you could believe that that man was a "fan of roman history" who just happened to get the Tattoo completely wrong - wrong eagle shape, wrong size laurel leaves, wrong symbol in the center. In a way that happened to leave it looking exactly like the Nazi eagle. And the nooses they wear mean they're a fan of knot making! And the Blood Drop Cross isn't racist, because Israel!

Right. Well, that's one set of opinions. Fortunately there's members of these forums who are not you, so I'll chat with the grownups now.
Plz, that article is filled with the same language the ADL claims white supremacists use. But when it comes out of their mouths about Isreal it's ok. Kinda like Pride now that I think about it.

I don't see a bent X in that picture do you?

The fact that a noose, a universal sign of death, has been twisted to only mean a very narrow lynching towards US blacks is indicative of how ridiculous this really is.

Don't see a blood drop cross in that pic ether

He's got a pyramid on his arm. must be part of the Illuminati