Another day, another police beating in America

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Draco Dracul
Captain

Re: Another day, another police beating in America

Post by Draco Dracul »

Darth Wedgius wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:57 pm Poor GreyICE. His brain is broken. I can hear the grinding of the hamster wheel from here.

Some cops are good people. Some cops are bad people.

If I gave a list of nasty things done by black people, nobody in their (IMHO) right mind would think that justifies "Blacks aren't good people." GreyICE is the type to think in such directions, he's just pointed at different targets.

Poor GreyICE.
You realize that ACAB is fundamentally a statement about systemic corruption and that even cops who do not partake in acts of corruption or brutality themselves are complicit in the actions of those who do because either through indifference or fear of reprisal. As a rule good cops don't last because the are either drummed out of the service or murdered.
GreyICE
Captain

Post by GreyICE »

Antiboyscout wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:38 pmHe wasn't 50 yards away, It wasn't already discharged (watch the video you can see the confetti pop out), and he stopped to look and see if he hit the cop
Well apparently police issue tasers can fire twice. Interesting. Regardless, what's he going to do? Turn around and charge the cop and his partner?

Now, how do you explain that you clearly knew about the taser, we discussed it, then you show up back here like it's a revelation?

Your words have convinced me that your default position is "kill the black man" and you're simply waiting for any trigger, switch, or justification that means it's okay to do that. And a lot of black people feel the cops have that exact same attitude, that they are sitting there just waiting. Why do you think a black man might panic while two white cops hold him down, a week after George Floyd's murder?
Antiboyscout wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:38 pmI did a google search for aquila, not f*cking hard
Interesting. I searched Aquila and I found this: https://www.google.com/search?q=aquila

Went through a few hundred images, not there. Interesting.

So, where would it be from? Well, you gifted me a bit of name in the URL and a reverse image search. So I actually tracked it down, because you tickled my fancy. It was posted by a DeviantArt user named Lordnarunh, who said this:
No problem, i hate nazism too, but the nazi eagle and the tyranny of the Empire i wanted to show were quite similar. I am not sure, the publisher will let me use the symbol, still i made a flag for them.

Well, to be true, i am ready with the novel, and i sent parts for some people, who already published books, or i really trust, but sadly it's written in hungarian...
https://www.deviantart.com/lordnarunh/art/Crimson-Empire-Roman-Empire-flag-686041399

So in other words, it was a rough draft of a finalized flag design posted by a Hungarian author, made for a science fiction story with a hybrid Roman/Nazi empire. This was your evidence that it wasn't a Nazi symbol.

But I don't feel like you're actually interested if that's a Nazi symbol or not. You know it is. You are okay with the fact that the Minneapolis PD have white supremacists on the force. You're just looking to introduce some ambiguity for other people.

And interesting media you happen to have sitting around. I wonder if it's creator would think the same thing about it that you do?
Last edited by GreyICE on Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Knowledge-Based Education – We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) (values clarification), critical thinking skills and similar programs

- Republican Party Platform
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

Antiboyscout wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:38 pm He wasn't 50 yards away, It wasn't already discharged (watch the video you can see the confetti pop out), and he stopped to look and see if he hit the cop
OK, if he did fire the taser, why hasn't it been reported by the people investigating the shooting?

https://gbi.georgia.gov/press-releases/2020-06-13/gbi-investigates-officer-involved-shooting-atlanta
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
Antiboyscout
Captain

Post by Antiboyscout »

GreyICE wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:03 pm
Antiboyscout wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:38 pmHe wasn't 50 yards away, It wasn't already discharged (watch the video you can see the confetti pop out), and he stopped to look and see if he hit the cop
Well apparently police issue tasers can fire twice. Interesting. Regardless, what's he going to do? Turn around and charge the cop and his partner?

Now, how do you explain that you clearly knew about the taser, we discussed it, then you show up back here like it's a revelation?

Your words have convinced me that your default position is "kill the black man" and you're simply waiting for any trigger, switch, or justification that means it's okay to do that. And a lot of black people feel the cops have that exact same attitude, that they are sitting there just waiting. Why do you think a black man might panic while two white cops hold him down, a week after George Floyd's murder?
Antiboyscout wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:38 pmI did a google search for aquila, not f*cking hard
Interesting. I searched Aquila and I found this: https://www.google.com/search?q=aquila

Went through a few hundred images, not there. Interesting.

So, where would it be from? Well, you gifted me a bit of name in the URL and a reverse image search. So I actually tracked it down, because you tickled my fancy. It was posted by a DeviantArt user named Lordnarunh, who said this:
No problem, i hate nazism too, but the nazi eagle and the tyranny of the Empire i wanted to show were quite similar. I am not sure, the publisher will let me use the symbol, still i made a flag for them.

Well, to be true, i am ready with the novel, and i sent parts for some people, who already published books, or i really trust, but sadly it's written in hungarian...
https://www.deviantart.com/lordnarunh/art/Crimson-Empire-Roman-Empire-flag-686041399

So in other words, it was a rough draft of a finalized flag design posted by a Hungarian author, made for a science fiction story with a hybrid Roman/Nazi empire. This was your evidence that it wasn't a Nazi symbol.

But I don't feel like you're actually interested if that's a Nazi symbol or not. You know it is. You are okay with the fact that the Minneapolis PD have white supremacists on the force. You're just looking to introduce some ambiguity for other people.

And interesting media you happen to have sitting around. I wonder if it's creator would think the same thing about it that you do?
I'm back because your position weakened do to more evidence. Why do you keep saying the tazer was fired already? There were 2 tazers in that scenario, one fired by an officer, one fired by the suspect. Question is, why won't you recant your assurtion that the suspect was "50 yards away"?

I'll give you that one, I didn't save my search criteria when I found that symbol, I use duck duck go, and I didn't autistically reverse image search for it and find the origin. So congrats

About as ok with it as your are with Antifa destroying cities and statues.
Antiboyscout
Captain

Post by Antiboyscout »

TGLS wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:04 pm
Antiboyscout wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:38 pm He wasn't 50 yards away, It wasn't already discharged (watch the video you can see the confetti pop out), and he stopped to look and see if he hit the cop
OK, if he did fire the taser, why hasn't it been reported by the people investigating the shooting?

https://gbi.georgia.gov/press-releases/2020-06-13/gbi-investigates-officer-involved-shooting-atlanta
Why didn't they say two tazors were fired?
GreyICE
Captain

Post by GreyICE »

Antiboyscout wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:26 pmI'll give you that one, I didn't save my search criteria when I found that symbol, I use duck duck go, and I didn't autistically reverse image search for it and find the origin. So congrats
Yes, I know. You're not interested in whether he's a white supremacist. Is City Heat, a police motorcycle club, full of white supremacists? Do they wear lynching insignia, KKK patches, and have neo-Nazi tattoos? Yeah, but you honestly don't care.

The only thing you're interested in here is introducing doubt in the mind of others. You want anyone else reading this to go "wow, I do wonder, maybe it's not true! Maybe the Minneapolis police union isn't headed by a white supremacist." It is. Bob Kroll is a white supremacist.

You just wanted to introduce a little bit of plausible deniability. Keep some doubt in the mind of others. So you asked your pals (not google, on DuckDuckGo now... sure) to find any possible image that could be a flat-winged eagle. They came up with that one. It's a flat-winged eagle symbol, could almost be mistaken for a Nazi symbol. So he must have gotten that tattoo!

Truth doesn't come in to it, just a little bit of doubt, that's all you want - because if the head of the police union, Bob Kroll, is a white supremacist, if Minneapolis is full of white supremacists on the police force, maybe dissolving the police force is justified. And if they do that, I bet they're not rehiring the ones with neo-Nazi tattoos.

I'll just be over here, autistically talking to other adults interested in the truth, rather than the white supremacist, thanks.
Knowledge-Based Education – We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) (values clarification), critical thinking skills and similar programs

- Republican Party Platform
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Antiboyscout wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:33 pm

Yup, that's a dumb question for two reasons:

1) If the Tazer was fired already, obviously it can not fire again, because it's a single shot weapon. Naturally the perp can not be reported as "firing the weapon", even if he points the thing behind himself at the persuing cop, despite an unargueable intend of doing so (because why else would he turn his upper body and point the damn thing in the direction of the persuing cop).

2) I forgot the second reason, because the question is so stupid, that I got dumber from reading it.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Antiboyscout
Captain

Post by Antiboyscout »

Madner Kami wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:56 pm
Antiboyscout wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:33 pm

Yup, that's a dumb question for two reasons:

1) If the Tazer was fired already, obviously it can not fire again, because it's a single shot weapon. Naturally the perp can not be reported as "firing the weapon", even if he points the thing behind himself at the persuing cop, despite an unargueable intend of doing so (because why else would he turn his upper body and point the damn thing in the direction of the persuing cop).

2) I forgot the second reason, because the question is so stupid, that I got dumber from reading it.
Did you watch the video? It starts with them wrestling over A tazer. One of the cops pulls out his tazer and fires it. One firing. Of the Not stolen tazer. Ether both were discharged or the suspect pointed (and most likely fired) a Live tazer at the cop.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Oh. That's what you are aiming at. Disregard my post then, I was reading your question in a different way, namely as a question in disbelief of TGLS's question, so I related my answer to that.

And yes, in the video you can see a flash coming from the tazer in the perp's hand. Wasn't sure what it was and disregarded it as an optical illusion, caused by a light-reflection or something, given that the report doesn't point out that the perp fired the thing.
Last edited by Madner Kami on Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Yeah I was kinda wondering why you two were at odds with each other honestly.
..What mirror universe?