TOR Bounty Hunter

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Steve
Doctor's Assistant

Re: TOR Bounty Hunter

Post by Steve »

Even the devs seem to have realized nobody likes Skadge, given how they employed him after the KOTFE time jump. (OTOH, Blizz rules.)

BH was my first Imp class (and hilariously, Chuck's doing them in the exact opposite order I cleared them, and I did all the Republic classes first) and I enjoyed it, I'm also curious how Chuck will do things differently than the character I played.

Also, posted this before reading page 2, dur.
Trooper924 wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:22 pm Incidentally, very early on in the game's development, the bounty hunter and smuggler classes were going to have their own "underworld" faction separate from the Republic and Sith, but it ended up getting dropped at some point for reasons I don't think have ever been made clear.
That would've made so much sense. And I once laid out how I'd do that and then replace them in their respective factions with "Imperial Stormtrooper" and "Republic Diplomat". The former would've given us a direct look at the Imperial military just as the Trooper was involved in the Republic military - I believe I proposed making them an anti-insurgency strike force that occasionally deals with Sith interference - and the latter would be the Republic's counterpoint to how the Empire operates. Instead of the Imperial Agent being an infiltrator who manipulates others into serving the Empire, the Republic Diplomat is meant to operate openly, bringing individuals or worlds into the Republic sphere through negotiation and the fostering of common interests and ideals. Granted, this is an action-adventure MMO so the Diplomat would have to get involved in "aggressive negotiations", but since they would clearly invoke Padme and Leia (pre-Sequel Trilogy) anyway, it would work thematically.
"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

Administrator of SFD, Former Spacebattles Super-Mod, Veteran Chatnik. And multiverse crossover-loving writer, of course!
iwfan53
Redshirt

Post by iwfan53 »

Bounty hunter was the one class I actually played all the way through to the end of their storyline.

Also because SF Debris is too classy to do the cat jokes, I will...

To start with....

Bradon: Hey indeed, the main attraction has arrived.

The Lone Rose: I believe you mean the "Mane" attraction (shakes hair like a fashion model).

(Sorry, this one jumped out at me less than five minutes in)

The Lone Rose: Just shooting 'em all down, and I was like jumping off of trees.... until I got stuck in one... but then I shot everyone... so that Mako could come in with a ladder and help me get down...

The Lone Rose: I am having a bad day... do you know how hard it is to get the smell of swamp gas out of fur? It's not like I can throw myself into a washing machine.... (pause sobs...) that's how my favorite uncle died....

The Lone Rose: Here they'd probably just surround me and beat me with their rifle butts, or they'd bring out this really nasty weapon that they'd been working on to suppress dissenters, it's a bottle and they shoot water out of it.... REALLY FAST MOVING WATER!

The Lone Rose: And one part Antonio Banderas in Puss in Boots because I'm the most badass cat around for miles!

Also given how much armor The Lone Rose is wearing the Imperials are somehow shockingly good at figuring out he's not a human even though there's no way they should be able to do that on sight alone, it's not like his helmet has cat ears or something...
stellar_coyote
Officer

Post by stellar_coyote »

And to keep the cat jokes going...

The Lone Rose: I'm so glad to get off of Nal Hutta, I've been hacking up hairballs since I got here.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Fire laser blasts. Lone Rose juml towards it.
stellar_coyote
Officer

Post by stellar_coyote »

Hmm, already on part three and not much discussion on it.

I like that Chuck touched upon the inherent problem that arises from the Bounty Hunter story, that you're an ostensibly speaking a free agent and yet because of the nature of the story mode you're on a railroad rather than a sandbox.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

Over on the Pub side the Smuggler has the same issue. It's actually worse there, since by late game you're theoretically a crime lord in your own right (if dark side) but you still spend your time on piddling privateer jobs.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
satorukun0530
Redshirt

Post by satorukun0530 »

Quick question (sorry if this has already been asked), but is there a reason these videos aren't going up on the main SF Debris YouTube channel? Video game footage doesn't seem to draw copyright strikes, since lots of channels consist almost entirely of posting gameplay footage, so I'd imagine the kind of videos Chuck produces would have no problem, and yet the only game review on the main channel I can recall is Technobabylon from a few years back.

I ask because I've recently taken to watching videos on my PS4, and while the browser app does let me watch videos on the website, it's far from ideal, so when possible I prefer using the YouTube app, which doesn't appear to allow videos to be searched by URL, and the "Chuck Sonnenburg" channel's uploads appear to all be private unless accessed by a link. (If I try to open a link to a YouTube video on my iPhone it will recommend I open it in the YouTube app, but the PS4 apparently does not have this feature :? )

Sorry, that went off on a little tangent. Anyway, I'm curious why the game reviews in general, and this series in particular, aren't going up on the main channel. (And yes, I'm vaguely familiar with the history of copyright strikes for the Star Trek video reviews, hence the comparison with Let's Play channels up above.)
King Green
Officer

Post by King Green »

satorukun0530 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:57 pm Quick question (sorry if this has already been asked), but is there a reason these videos aren't going up on the main SF Debris YouTube channel? Video game footage doesn't seem to draw copyright strikes, since lots of channels consist almost entirely of posting gameplay footage, so I'd imagine the kind of videos Chuck produces would have no problem, and yet the only game review on the main channel I can recall is Technobabylon from a few years back.

I ask because I've recently taken to watching videos on my PS4, and while the browser app does let me watch videos on the website, it's far from ideal, so when possible I prefer using the YouTube app, which doesn't appear to allow videos to be searched by URL, and the "Chuck Sonnenburg" channel's uploads appear to all be private unless accessed by a link. (If I try to open a link to a YouTube video on my iPhone it will recommend I open it in the YouTube app, but the PS4 apparently does not have this feature :? )

Sorry, that went off on a little tangent. Anyway, I'm curious why the game reviews in general, and this series in particular, aren't going up on the main channel. (And yes, I'm vaguely familiar with the history of copyright strikes for the Star Trek video reviews, hence the comparison with Let's Play channels up above.)
Your lucky. The Tv app for my 22 x 14 sony flatscreen is buggy as Hell before being populated by Lucifer and the Lost Legions.

For the ps4 app, you just need to reaffirm your DNS code to the net link and reset all the cookies your data-gate is gathering before you confirm an update to the console software.
Do not pity a Slave for the Slave-Lord, but hear the power of what Chaos can be.
All Beings bow before the children of he who bound their flesh by their words.
Fall and wail, all flesh, bone, soul,& power is a servant to Yun-man, the First Slave-Lord.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

They're unsearchable, but if you watch it on the browser it will show up in your YouTube history as long as you're logged in.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
Riedquat
Captain

Post by Riedquat »

stellar_coyote wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:36 am Hmm, already on part three and not much discussion on it.

I like that Chuck touched upon the inherent problem that arises from the Bounty Hunter story, that you're an ostensibly speaking a free agent and yet because of the nature of the story mode you're on a railroad rather than a sandbox.
Often a problem with RPGs, although obviously more of one with that sort of character. Just as a work of fiction needs to tread the right line to keep up willing suspension of disbelief the same is often true of choice. It's rather harder to have a game world and characters act convincingly and with any depth without a structure too, and will be until we've got self-thinking AI, which is still firmly in science fiction. Another problem is that where you do have a bit more freedom isn't always where you rationally would (get given a mission and go and wander off doing other stuff for a while playing a class that's supposed to be in the military). A difficult path to tread.