Another day, another police beating in America

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
TGLS
Captain

Re: Another day, another police beating in America

Post by TGLS »

OK, so I found this summary of what happened in Georgia. Apparently the taser was fired.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/14/us/videos-rayshard-brooks-shooting-atlanta-police.html
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
GreyICE
Captain

Post by GreyICE »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:08 am Yeah I was kinda wondering why you two were at odds with each other honestly.

Kami might be operating with a modicum more good faith than the guy who is arguing the Reichsadler might not be a white supremacist symbol? At least I'd hope so.

In truth I don't think I agree with Kami about much, but he doesn't seem to be actively fishing for any reason to kill black people and excuse obvious white supremacy quite as much as ABS.
Knowledge-Based Education – We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) (values clarification), critical thinking skills and similar programs

- Republican Party Platform
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

https://www.knoxnews.com/in-depth/news/investigations/2019/04/24/usa-today-revealing-misconduct-records-police-cops/3223984002/
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:14 am Image
That's fucked up.
..What mirror universe?
Antiboyscout
Captain

Post by Antiboyscout »

GreyICE wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:29 am
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:08 am Yeah I was kinda wondering why you two were at odds with each other honestly.

Kami might be operating with a modicum more good faith than the guy who is arguing the Reichsadler might not be a white supremacist symbol? At least I'd hope so.

In truth I don't think I agree with Kami about much, but he doesn't seem to be actively fishing for any reason to kill black people and excuse obvious white supremacy quite as much as ABS.
Just call me a racist you communist. It's all you got. F*ck on back to the CHAZ. I hear they racially segregated the gardens and people are OD'ing on drugs now.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

An illustration of why "Defund the police" is trending

BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

After revenues my city's police budget is 35% the cyt's net cost.
..What mirror universe?
GreyICE
Captain

Post by GreyICE »

Antiboyscout wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:17 pmJust call me a racist you communist. It's all you got. F*ck on back to the CHAZ. I hear they racially segregated the gardens and people are OD'ing on drugs now.
Why bother stating the obvious? I figure most adults in the room could get that. But maybe that's my autism speaking, who knows? :lol:
Knowledge-Based Education – We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) (values clarification), critical thinking skills and similar programs

- Republican Party Platform
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

GreyICE wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:29 am

You're an absolute spanner.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox