Anime/ Western Cartoons you want Chuck to review

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
HDS
Redshirt

Re: Anime/ Western Cartoons you want Chuck to review

Post by HDS »

I've waited since the last robotech reviews for more. Or even better, of the 1984 movie, Do you remember love.
Winter
Captain

Post by Winter »

She-Ra and the Princesses of Power. This is such a great show and one I've really come to love. It has great characters, solid action and the romance is (french chef kiss), some of the best I've ever seen and that's coming from a romantic.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, I see She-Ra as what the Star Wars Disney Sequel Trilogy could have and SHOULD have been. Adora shows the real potential that was wasted with Finn, gives her a flaws and challenges that Rey was never allowed to have and her relationship is Catra, (who also shows what Kylo Ren could have been) is, IMMHO, more compelling and more complex then Rey and Kylo could ever hope to be.

I will admit that season 1 is great but the series really picks up steam in season 2/3 (it's actually one single season but got split into two), Season 4 is full of angst and is AMAZING!!! And season 5 is another great example of how to pull off a Grand Finally that is, IMO, as good as Avatar Season 3, The Legend of Korra Season 4, Return of the Jedi, Return of the King and The Deathly Hollows.

I think this show is amazing and I can't wait for Chuck to review it. :D
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

Ergo Proxy
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex & SAC 2nd GIG
Outlaw Star
Yukikaze
Dirty Pair (1985 series)
Toward the Terra (2007 series)
Space Battleship Yamato 2199
Last Exile
Berserk (1997 series)
The Irresponsible Captain Tyler
The Big O
Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo
Shiki
Blue Submarine No. 6
Lily C.A.T.
Blue Gender
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
yamiangie
Redshirt

Post by yamiangie »

The Galaxy Express 999 movie one day I need to fork over money for that.
MithrandirOlorin
Captain

Post by MithrandirOlorin »

I just want him to get back to Nanoha and Code Geass.
Call me KuudereKun
PerrySimm
Captain

Re: Anime / Western Cartoons you want Chuck to review

Post by PerrySimm »

I'd prefer a bit more variety compared to completionism.

Maybe folks who want a show covered should focus on 2 or 3 important episodes as a start... There's always a tension, though, when you're dealing with highly serialized works.
UGxlYXNlIHByb3ZpZGUgeW91ciBjaGFsbGVuZ2UgcmVzcG9uc2UgZm9yIFJFRCA5NC4K
MithrandirOlorin
Captain

Re: Anime / Western Cartoons you want Chuck to review

Post by MithrandirOlorin »

PerrySimm wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:15 am I'd prefer a bit more variety compared to completionism.

Maybe folks who want a show covered should focus on 2 or 3 important episodes as a start... There's always a tension, though, when you're dealing with highly serialized works.
Works like Sailor Moon, Pokemon, Wedding Peach, PreCure, Digimon and Yugioh are episodic shows where doing one off episodes would work well. Lupin III also works if you want something that's not at least nominally a kids show.
Call me KuudereKun
Captain Crimson
Captain

Post by Captain Crimson »

Necro!

Here's one I'd really love to see Mr. Chuck review, the 2016 anime Keijo. Yes, that Keijo. Why are you looking at me funny? Stop that right now... it's unnerving...

:lol:

But playing aside, I can't imagine the snark. This is like the anime version of Baywatch for my generation, and we already know what Mr. Chuck thinks of that.
BBally81
Officer

Post by BBally81 »

I would like to hear his thoughts on Astro Boy, the 2003 series to be exact. It has a dub he can watch however the issue is that 2 of the early episodes were switched around for some reason and one episode was replaced with a clip show possibly because it features strong references to Peter Pan and once upon a time other studios were afraid of being sued by Disney regarding this especially in animation and there were some censorship and the soundtrack was changed due to rights or something like. There's a fansub, the problem is that only the first 24 episodes are proper subs while the rest are poorly translated HK subs.
Last edited by BBally81 on Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HumanXeroxMachine
Redshirt

Post by HumanXeroxMachine »

I'm curious as to what he would think of Stargate: Infinity.