JK Rowling Backlash

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Riedquat
Captain

Re: JK Rowling Backlash

Post by Riedquat »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:57 am
Robovski wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:21 amEasy universal access to the internet was a mistake.
Really that's the measure of a lot of today's problems. Aside from the real ones that is.
The internet has had very real impacts on today's world, both for good and ill.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Riedquat wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:59 pm
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:57 am
Robovski wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:21 amEasy universal access to the internet was a mistake.
Really that's the measure of a lot of today's problems. Aside from the real ones that is.
The internet has had very real impacts on today's world, both for good and ill.
I tend to think about how social media has solely developed politics today. Attention to issues is much more refined. And the way PR works has become profoundly fluid and I think the shockwave social media made was pretty verberative.

I feel I came off super optimistic there.
..What mirror universe?
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

One fan's perspective: https://twitter.com/dylan_thyme/status/1280958432619704328
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

Is this the same AOC who said being factually correct isn't all that important? If not, how many AOCs do we have?