Upcoming Films

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Re: Upcoming Films

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

I kinda wonder where imperial/dark side forces could possibly go from here now. I mean, they blew up an entire SOLAR SYSTEM. It's hard to escalate beyond that in terms of firepower.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Multiple solar systems. The entire galaxy. The universe. I have plenty of trust that future filmmakers will be so very creative in terms of pointless megalomania.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote:I kinda wonder where imperial/dark side forces could possibly go from here now. I mean, they blew up an entire SOLAR SYSTEM. It's hard to escalate beyond that in terms of firepower.
Dimensions. never heard of Waru?
SabreMau
Officer

Post by SabreMau »

Ordo wrote:
GandALF wrote:The Resistance is still going to be a thing? Surely the New Republic and First Order are in open war with each other after Hosnian Prime? Why do they still need a Rebel Alliance duplicate?
Much of the Republic fleet, if they were stationed in the Hosnian system is gone after SKB Nuked multiple planets.
Would have been much easier if they'd taken the lesson from Starfleet and had only one ship in range.
The Romulan Republic
Captain

Post by The Romulan Republic »

SabreMau wrote:
Ordo wrote:
GandALF wrote:The Resistance is still going to be a thing? Surely the New Republic and First Order are in open war with each other after Hosnian Prime? Why do they still need a Rebel Alliance duplicate?
Much of the Republic fleet, if they were stationed in the Hosnian system is gone after SKB Nuked multiple planets.
Would have been much easier if they'd taken the lesson from Starfleet and had only one ship in range.
:lol:

From the trailers and behind the scenes/background info, it looks as though we'll at least get some space combat with proper warships, not just fighters this time. So clear the First Order aren't the only ones with a fleet.
Ordo
Officer

Post by Ordo »

Redem
Officer

Post by Redem »

Speaking of star wars

Colin Trevorrow Out as 'Star Wars: Episode IX' Director

Personally while a lot of the directing descision by Disney were controversial this come as a relief for me, cause the more I think about Jurassic World the worst it is

If we have a video series on the behind the scene making of the new trilogy I feel it will be 80 instalment long
Ordo
Officer

Post by Ordo »

Redem wrote:Speaking of star wars

Colin Trevorrow Out as 'Star Wars: Episode IX' Director

Personally while a lot of the directing descision by Disney were controversial this come as a relief for me, cause the more I think about Jurassic World the worst it is

If we have a video series on the behind the scene making of the new trilogy I feel it will be 80 instalment long
Considering 'The Book of Henry" they made the right call dropping him.
Redem
Officer

Post by Redem »

Ordo wrote: Considering 'The Book of Henry" they made the right call dropping him.

It seem to be the conscensus, personally I keep imaginging a disney exec seeing the book of henry and immediatly calling Kathleen Kennedy with "we have a situation"
Ordo
Officer

Post by Ordo »

Redem wrote:
Ordo wrote: Considering 'The Book of Henry" they made the right call dropping him.

It seem to be the conscensus, personally I keep imaginging a disney exec seeing the book of henry and immediatly calling Kathleen Kennedy with "we have a situation"
I can't fault Kennedy in this, she sounds like she's willing to give new young directors a chance...but if they can't get it right she's going to step in and protect 'Star Wars'. TLJ has been pretty smooth so it's just a matter of finding the right talent for the Job...and sometimes a resume won't be enough to say if said director is a good fit.