Jurassic Park film

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Re: Jurassic Park film

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Archanubis wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:01 pm I seriously did not know erotica involving dinosaurs was a thing.
Consider yourself informed.
Power laces... alright.
Archanubis
Officer

Post by Archanubis »

Madner Kami wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:13 pmAlso, I need to point out, that Brachiosaurus died out not 100 million years ago, but 145 million years ago. Which also makes Brachiosaurus one of the few actual jurassic animals in Jurassic Park. :P
So is Dilophosaurus, which predates Brachiosaurus by 39 million years. :)
ChrisTheLovableJerk
Officer

Post by ChrisTheLovableJerk »

I love this movie so much, though I remember being terrified of it as a child and it was only when I was around 10 or 11 that I could watch it without an adult. Also I think this might be one of John Williams' finest works.

In regards to Mr. DNA, there's a really insane story about his voice actor Greg Burson. He was the voice of characters like Yogi Bear and Quickdraw McDraw after the great Daws Butler passed and also voiced Bugs Bunny for a brief time. He also suffered from crippling alcoholism. In 2004 he took a roommate hostage and barricaded himself in his house, and he was horrifically drunk. And as the police were negotiating and trying to get him step down he started speaking to them in Yogi Bear's voice, baffling the hell out of them as they didn't know he was a VA. Naturally that incident killed his career. Quite frankly if I had to do Yo Yogi! I'd hit the bottle too.

Funny thing about Chuck's James Earl Jones crack, he actually was almost in this movie. They were originally going to have Jones do the voice of the tour, but replaced him with Richard Kiley fairly late so they could be more faithful to the book. This is why Jones hosts the Making of documentary.

A Billionaire Dinosaur Forced Me Gay? I have so many question, especially in regards to how said Dinosaur lives. Does he live in a mansion or pent house? Is he naked or wear Dino-Suits? These are legitimate questions.

More trivia; the original script called for Malcolm to simply run for it like in the book, rather than try to help. They changed it when Goldblum wanted to make the character more heroic.

As for the moat...I'd like to think that when the Rex chased Malcolm, its tail hit the car and sent it further down the road towards the moat, with there being a really sharp drop at some point.

As for why Tim doesn't help? He's a kid scared out of his mind. Hell if there's a wasp or a bee in a room I'm gone, you can't expect a kid who has narrowly avoided death like seven times to go anywhere near a raptor trying to push the door open.

I wish they would release some of the deleted scenes for this movie like they find out that the Triceratops is sick because it needs gizzard stones and Malcolm apologizing to Hammond for ragging on him so much.
Archanubis
Officer

Post by Archanubis »

ChrisTheLovableJerk wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:21 pmA Billionaire Dinosaur Forced Me Gay? I have so many question, especially in regards to how said Dinosaur lives. Does he live in a mansion or pent house? Is he naked or wear Dino-Suits? These are legitimate questions.
Hey, as long as it's not "Fifty Shades of Dinosaur," it's already an infinitely better concept.
I wish they would release some of the deleted scenes for this movie like they find put that the Triceratops is sick because it needs gizzard stones and Malcolm apologizing to Hammond for ragging on him so much.
Which was a Stegosaurus in the original book. Although there's really no proof either Stegosaurus or Triceratops used gizzard stones. And in the case of Triceratops and other ceratopsians, they really wouldn't need stones, as they did have tooth batteries that could grind up their food (I hesitate to call it "chewing," however).
ChrisTheLovableJerk
Officer

Post by ChrisTheLovableJerk »

Archanubis wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:31 pm
Which was a Stegosaurus in the original book. Although there's really no proof either Stegosaurus or Triceratops used gizzard stones. And in the case of Triceratops and other ceratopsians, they really wouldn't need stones, as they did have tooth batteries that could grind up their food (I hesitate to call it "chewing," however).
They actually changed it to a Triceratops to get a genuine emotional reaction out of Sam Neill, who's favorite Dinosaur was the Triceratops. And yeah, with Jurassic Park creative liberties are a given, the way the raptors are portrayed across the franchise make that a given.
J!!
Captain

Post by J!! »

Colbertnation
Redshirt

Post by Colbertnation »

I get the whole ribbing at the Dinosaur erotica, but did you know that such an author got nominated for a Hugo TWICE?
Rodan56
Officer

Post by Rodan56 »

I never liked Ian Malcom, even as a kid. I felt he was a buzzkill and eventually he evolved into an anti-dinosaur jerk who advocates for their extermination. So... go ahead, shit on him as much at you want. I get he's Jeff Goldblum and people love him, but Ian Malcom is a shithead who I've never liked. I can seperate the two and I've hated every attempt to make the character a meme.
stellar_coyote
Officer

Post by stellar_coyote »

Missed opportunity for Chuck not to end the video with this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gh4zvQfDhi0

Who doesn't love some Weird Al?
Archanubis
Officer

Post by Archanubis »

stellar_coyote wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:35 pm Missed opportunity for Chuck not to end the video with this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gh4zvQfDhi0

Who doesn't love some Weird Al?
Maybe it'll be in the "Blue" version?