Mental Illness and White Liberals

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
SSJGodGoku
Officer

Re: Mental Illness and White Liberals

Post by SSJGodGoku »

If the choice is between Nazis and Communists I'm glad to abstain from voting.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

If liberals are trying to be communists they really suck at their job. The democratic party higher-ups couldn't even manage more than 22% support for national healthcare.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
SSJGodGoku
Officer

Post by SSJGodGoku »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:09 am If liberals are trying to be communists they really suck at their job. The democratic party higher-ups couldn't even manage more than 22% support for national healthcare.
Just because they suck at getting their policies implemented doesn't mean they're not trying to implement them.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

SSJGodGoku wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:40 am
Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:09 am If liberals are trying to be communists they really suck at their job. The democratic party higher-ups couldn't even manage more than 22% support for national healthcare.
Just because they suck at getting their policies implemented doesn't mean they're not trying to implement them.
But they are not trying implement being Communism. Unless you think Europe is now Communist.
I got nothing to say here.
SSJGodGoku
Officer

Post by SSJGodGoku »

McAvoy wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:59 am
But they are not trying implement being Communism. Unless you think Europe is now Communist.
Look closely at leftist policies, you will find that they are all predicated on Marxism. Some of them even admit it (like the founders of BLM).
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

It's true. Europe has a system of taxation in which people give money to the state, and the state spends it on stuff like roads.
..What mirror universe?
GreyICE
Captain

Post by GreyICE »

SSJGodGoku wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:05 am If the choice is between Nazis and Communists I'm glad to abstain from voting.
That's the biggest non-answer I've ever seen. What are your beliefs? What are your politics?
Knowledge-Based Education – We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) (values clarification), critical thinking skills and similar programs

- Republican Party Platform
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

SSJGodGoku wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:32 am
McAvoy wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:59 am
Look closely at leftist policies, you will find that they are all predicated on Marxism. Some of them even admit it (like the founders of BLM).
What, the middle parties of europe or the left wing of Murica?
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
SSJGodGoku
Officer

Post by SSJGodGoku »

GreyICE wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:37 am
SSJGodGoku wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:05 am If the choice is between Nazis and Communists I'm glad to abstain from voting.
That's the biggest non-answer I've ever seen. What are your beliefs? What are your politics?
Libertarianism is the closest to a contemporary political view that I support.
Rocketboy1313
Captain

Post by Rocketboy1313 »

That is not sucking at implementing policy, that is not implementing a policy.
Again, only 22% of the leadership supported that as part of the platform.

And if you think national healthcare is communism... I don't even know where to begin... It is not, to say so is myopic and insane... I guess that is all I need to say.

Medicare-for-all polls insanely well, but it is an issue that lacks clear lobbyists, it is good for everyone, but not in a way that generates profit for a particular industry, thus no industry advocates for it, and those groups that profit from it not existing can effectively press against it (insurance companies being chief among them.
My Blog: http://rocketboy1313.blogspot.com/
My Twitter: https://twitter.com/Rocketboy1313
My Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/rocketboy1313
My Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/13rocketboy13