Mental Illness and White Liberals

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
GreyICE
Captain

Re: Mental Illness and White Liberals

Post by GreyICE »

Healthcare is a basic human right.

It might be worth actually reading Das Kapital sometime. The Communist Manifesto makes some good points and some bad ones, but Das Kapital is a mature economic work, and very interesting. Not entirely correct, but certainly not entirely wrong. You might find out you actually haven't had a good grasp on what communism is at all.

But in any case a society with "universal healthcare" isn't by nature communist. That's a lot like saying "a society with money is free-market capitalist." Yes, no society without money is going to be capitalist, but classic liberalism demands a bit more than that.
Knowledge-Based Education – We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) (values clarification), critical thinking skills and similar programs

- Republican Party Platform
SSJGodGoku
Officer

Post by SSJGodGoku »

I never said anything about national healthcare. I'm talking about stuff like the application of critical theory to science.
GreyICE
Captain

Post by GreyICE »

SSJGodGoku wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:54 pm I never said anything about national healthcare. I'm talking about stuff like the application of critical theory to science.
What is the application of critical theory to science, in your words, and what actual harm has it produced? How is it practiced in the United States today?

And so help me god if your answer in any way resembles "encouraging women and black people to become scientists is marxist" I will spend at least a thousand words making fun of you.
Knowledge-Based Education – We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) (values clarification), critical thinking skills and similar programs

SSJGodGoku
Officer

Post by SSJGodGoku »

GreyICE wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:31 pm
SSJGodGoku wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:54 pm I never said anything about national healthcare. I'm talking about stuff like the application of critical theory to science.
What is the application of critical theory to science, in your words, and what actual harm has it produced? How is it practiced in the United States today?

And so help me god if your answer in any way resembles "encouraging women and black people to become scientists is marxist" I will spend at least a thousand words making fun of you.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3463968/
GreyICE
Captain

Post by GreyICE »

SSJGodGoku wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:33 pm

In what ways are postmodernism and marxism related? Use your words.

(Hint: Marxism predates anything resembling a post-modern movement by, oh, like centuries)

Edit: Wait, that's a MARXIST journal. You're looking at marxists criticizing postmodernists.

Oh this is fucking hilarious. This is almost as funny as the fucking clownshoes in the OP quoting a white supremacist to prove liberals are mentally ill.

SSJGodGoku
Officer

Post by SSJGodGoku »

GreyICE wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:34 pm

In what ways are postmodernism and marxism related? Use your words.

(Hint: Marxism predates anything resembling a post-modern movement by, oh, like centuries)

Edit: Wait, that's a MARXIST journal. You're looking at marxists criticizing postmodernists.

Oh this is fucking hilarious.
Critical Theory is the philosophy of the Frankfurt school which was founded by Marxists.
GreyICE
Captain

Post by GreyICE »

"Hi, I'm a Marxist, and I want you to know, postmodernists are attacking science."

"Hi, I'm SSJGodGoku. I think this Marxist is very smart! Let me link you to his article because it shows that post-modernists are Marxists attacking science!"

I cannot believe how hard I'm laughing at you.

GreyICE
Captain

Post by GreyICE »

It's like you think everything bad was done by "Marxists", and post-modernism must be therefore be done by Marxists, so you link to a MARXIST who is criticizing what he sees as a post-modern attack on science.

There isn't even words for how inane and stupid this is.

GreyICE
Captain

Post by GreyICE »

Like of how all the fucking critiques and random papers, how did you hit on one that is actually written by a Marxist to drive your hate of Marxism? How?

It's like you're laser guided by your own stupidity.
Science & Society: A Journal of Marxist Thought and Analysis is a peer-reviewed academic journal of Marxist scholarship. It covers economics, philosophy of science, historiography, women's studies, literature, the arts, and other social science disciplines from a Marxist point of view. As well as covering social and political theory, it includes first-order historical research.
EMBO Rep. 2012 Oct; 13(10): 885–889.
Published online 2012 Sep 18. doi: 10.1038/embor.2012.130
PMCID: PMC3463968
PMID: 22986553
Science and Society
The postmodern assault on science
If all truths are equal, who cares what science has to say?

GreyICE
Captain

Post by GreyICE »

Like, you don't get that Marx and Nietzsche did not get along? That these were not two philosophers who are in any way compatible?