Endgame (VOY)

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
RobbyB1982
Captain

Re: Endgame (VOY)

Post by RobbyB1982 »

Maybe the actual change came when Q tested Picard one last time, which led to him then playing Poker with the rest of the crew.

This is of course assuming AGT was real and not just Q playing one last test on Picard. He'd already done a stint in Picard's head when he nearly died after all.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

I didn't care for All Good Things.

It's just a finale that another show deserves. Possibly even a Star Trek show idunno.
..What mirror universe? ;/
Link8909
Captain

Post by Link8909 »

And don't forget Deep Space Nines "The Visitor", the timeline was a lot different in that episode from what would happen, and that was because of Jake Sisko's actions.

I think whenever we see the future and Starfleet is sporting the Simon Cowell Uniforms, chances are that future isn't going to last.
"I think, when one has been angry for a very long time, one gets used to it. And it becomes comfortable like…like old leather. And finally… it becomes so familiar that one can't remember feeling any other way."

- Jean-Luc Picard
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

I always wanted them to reveal the Temporal Cold War resulted in all the giant tech upgrades to the Enterprise and possibly even the creation of the Enterprise NX-01.
GreyICE
Captain

Post by GreyICE »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:33 pm I didn't care for All Good Things.

It's just a finale that another show deserves. Possibly even a Star Trek show idunno.
All Good Things wasn't a good episode on its own, but it was a nice sendoff. Like in a vacuum, there isn't much to recommend to it, but as a final farewell to the Enterprise crew, it was nice. It suggested a life after Starfleet, it said goodbye to Q (ending the series the way it began), it showed Picard joining the poker games, it suggested that people would remain friends afterwards. Because we knew it all was ending, it was bittersweet all throughout, and it leaned into that. It was saying goodbye to old friends.

It's a terrible first episode of Star Trek to watch, but it's a great last episode of Star Trek to watch.
Knowledge-Based Education – We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) (values clarification), critical thinking skills and similar programs

- Republican Party Platform
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

GreyICE wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:44 am
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:33 pm I didn't care for All Good Things.

All Good Things wasn't a good episode on its own, but it was a nice sendoff. Like in a vacuum, there isn't much to recommend to it, but as a final farewell to the Enterprise crew, it was nice. It suggested a life after Starfleet, it said goodbye to Q (ending the series the way it began), it showed Picard joining the poker games, it suggested that people would remain friends afterwards. Because we knew it all was ending, it was bittersweet all throughout, and it leaned into that. It was saying goodbye to old friends.

It's a terrible first episode of Star Trek to watch, but it's a great last episode of Star Trek to watch.
Well I'm not completely certain of this, but if you skip season 1/2 but go back to it after you see All Good Things, then you realize you're in for a pretty boring party.
GreyICE
Captain

Post by GreyICE »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:52 amWell I'm not completely certain of this, but if you skip season 1/2 but go back to it after you see All Good Things, then you realize you're in for a pretty boring party.
The best part of Star Trek being episodic is how little of Seasons 1 and 2 you have to watch. Symbiosis, Conspiracy, Elementary Dear Data, Measure of a Man, Matter of Honor, Q Who, look you're done with two seasons worth already!
Knowledge-Based Education – We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) (values clarification), critical thinking skills and similar programs

BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

GreyICE wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:17 am
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:52 amWell I'm not completely certain of this, but if you skip season 1/2 but go back to it after you see All Good Things, then you realize you're in for a pretty boring party.
The best part of Star Trek being episodic is how little of Seasons 1 and 2 you have to watch. Symbiosis, Conspiracy, Elementary Dear Data, Measure of a Man, Matter of Honor, Q Who, look you're done with two seasons worth already!
That's incredible. Wish someone told me sooner.
GreyICE
Captain

Post by GreyICE »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:52 pm
Chin up, suffering builds character.

Although if you can finish from Encounter at Farpoint through Shades of Grey without ever once skipping an episode you’ve got enough character for your own quartet.

BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

GreyICE wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:30 pm
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:52 pm
Chin up, suffering builds character.

Although if you can finish from Encounter at Farpoint through Shades of Grey without ever once skipping an episode you’ve got enough character for your own quartet.
I had already watched the first 3-4 episodes before giving up before. They were all red barred on Netflix. I couldn't remember them, but I never have the patience to retread just based on them being redlined.

But yes, following All Good Things there was no way I'd not finish it. It's incredibly insufferable. Truth be told, I don't find Measure of a Man very interesting, but it's quite possible that in another life I'd have more reverence for it.

It's very weird though I must say, having seen first Voyager then DS9, TNG 3 and 4 is just a different congratulatoryclappingmeme.gif, episode after episode.