A Look at Archer

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Riedquat
Captain

Re: A Look at Archer

Post by Riedquat »

Enterprising wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:35 am
They were also instructed by the studio to get in any “favour of the month” rock band they could find, to play a song in the Enterprise’s mess hall each week. One of the few notes Braga & Berman outright refused to accommodate the studio on, and because they gave so little push back otherwise, the studio eventually accepted it after repeated refusals. (At one point they got threatened with a budget cut if they didn’t do it.)
Ouch! Standing up to that puts them significantly raises my opinion of them!
Marveryn
Officer

Post by Marveryn »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:49 pm
CharlesPhipps wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:47 pm
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:53 pm
CharlesPhipps wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:17 am I admit, I liked the fact that Archer had to rob a ship and leave them to die.
I did too. For Star Trek it is really provocative, and shamefully understandable.

I do hold him accountable for that though and I don't believe the show never resolved that issue?
I think the show said he doubled back and never found them again. Which is a nice bit of ambiguity.
Oh shit they could had revisited that hardcore.
one way to do it hard core would had been if they double back only to find the a ghost ship with the entire crew kill.. or turn into zombies.. wait they already did that episode with the vulcan zombie already didn't they.. shut can't use that idea
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Marveryn wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:34 am
CharlesPhipps wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:17 am I admit, I liked the fact that Archer had to rob a ship and leave them to die.
I did too. For Star Trek it is really provocative, and shamefully understandable.

I do hold him accountable for that though and I don't believe the show never resolved that issue?
I think the show said he doubled back and never found them again. Which is a nice bit of ambiguity.
one way to do it hard core would had been if they double back only to find the a ghost ship with the entire crew kill.. or turn into zombies.. wait they already did that episode with the vulcan zombie already didn't they.. shut can't use that idea
No way, they could do another Khan.
Power laces... alright.
Link8909
Captain

Post by Link8909 »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:50 am
Marveryn wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:34 am

No way, they could do another Khan.
No, they tried doing another Khan with Into Darkness and that didn't go over so well.
"I think, when one has been angry for a very long time, one gets used to it. And it becomes comfortable like…like old leather. And finally… it becomes so familiar that one can't remember feeling any other way."

- Jean-Luc Picard
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

I think one thing I missed from the STAR TREK: BEYOND review is the fact that Edison is another Khan. He's a guy marooned on a world for decades that gets driven insane by it and blames the Federation. He's a war monger from a past age and seeks a superweapon to turn against his enemies.

I'd argue he's more Khan than Into Darkness' Khan or Nero.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Who would want to see Dr Pulaski character review, just like this. Trying to justify her bad behavior only for him to just to come clean.
Link8909
Captain

Post by Link8909 »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:51 pm Who would want to see Dr Pulaski character review, just like this. Trying to justify her bad behavior only for him to just to come clean.
That would be interesting, or maybe a Neelix... no, it would just be the title, then Chuck going "No" then credits roll.
"I think, when one has been angry for a very long time, one gets used to it. And it becomes comfortable like…like old leather. And finally… it becomes so familiar that one can't remember feeling any other way."

- Jean-Luc Picard
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Link8909 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:18 pm
Thebestoftherest wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:51 pm Who would want to see Dr Pulaski character review, just like this. Trying to justify her bad behavior only for him to just to come clean.
That would be interesting, or maybe a Neelix... no, it would just be the title, then Chuck going "No" then credits roll.
Funny, but there are moments where he could have been something good if they put him on the sides for a few episode and give better writing.
Link8909
Captain

Post by Link8909 »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:27 pm
Funny, but there are moments where he could have been something good if they put him on the sides for a few episode and give better writing.
True, while I don't have the same... reaction to Neelix as Chuck does, I do see his points, honestly how I feel about Archer and Phlox is the same as how Chuck feels about Neelix.

Though I did like his appearance in Star Trek Online's Delta Rising arc, with him leading the Talaxians to a new homeworld, and I love his "Mister Vulcan" reaction to seeing Admiral Tuvok after so many years.

- Jean-Luc Picard
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Link8909 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:24 pm
Thebestoftherest wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:27 pm
True, while I don't have the same... reaction to Neelix as Chuck does, I do see his points, honestly how I feel about Archer and Phlox is the same as how Chuck feels about Neelix.

Though I did like his appearance in Star Trek Online's Delta Rising arc, with him leading the Talaxians to a new homeworld, and I love his "Mister Vulcan" reaction to seeing Admiral Tuvok after so many years.
Yeah.