Rowling writes novel about a man who dresses as a woman to kill women

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
Worffan101
Captain

Re: Rowling writes novel about a man who dresses as a woman to kill women

Post by Worffan101 »

clearspira wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:00 pm Calling people INCELs is as overused as calling people SJWs. They are both very effective ways of creating an easy strawman to tear down. Such as what you just did.
LOL. At least the incels openly self-identify as such. I'm not aware of any use for the term "incel" other than for members of the ultramisogynistic death cult that call themselves incels.
Worffan101
Captain

Post by Worffan101 »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:00 pm
Worffan101 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:19 pmBut what do I know, I'm just some dude who was called a misogynistic dinosaur for not liking Captain Marvel,
Well maybe you should have been. You ever think about that?
Buddy, my biggest complaint was that it wasn't feminist enough.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Worffan101 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:56 pm
Worffan101 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:19 pmBut what do I know, I'm just some dude who was called a misogynistic dinosaur for not liking Captain Marvel,
You say that like it's no big deal tho.
Power laces... alright.
Worffan101
Captain

Post by Worffan101 »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:23 am
What is the meaning of your comment? My point is that assholes on the left accused me of being a right-wing misogynist for saying that the movie was insufficiently feminist, and assholes on the right called me a "SJW Commie" and told me I should be raped for not insulting the lead actress's appearance.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Worffan101 wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:32 am
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:23 am
What is the meaning of your comment? My point is that assholes on the left accused me of being a right-wing misogynist for saying that the movie was insufficiently feminist, and assholes on the right called me a "SJW Commie" and told me I should be raped for not insulting the lead actress's appearance.
When did I ever call you a Commie??
Power laces... alright.
Worffan101
Captain

Post by Worffan101 »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:54 am When did I ever call you a Commie??
Never? I never accused you specifically of doing so?

WTF is your point in this argument?
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Minor note, but Rowling also appears to be under the impression that you can tell if a semi-digested meal was blessed by an imam. I mean yeah you could check to see if there was pork or alcohol, but lots of non-Muslim people eat plenty of meals that lack pork or alcohol in them many times throughout their lives so it's hardly definitive proof.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Worffan101 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:55 pm
clearspira wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:00 pm Calling people INCELs is as overused as calling people SJWs. They are both very effective ways of creating an easy strawman to tear down. Such as what you just did.
LOL. At least the incels openly self-identify as such. I'm not aware of any use for the term "incel" other than for members of the ultramisogynistic death cult that call themselves incels.
The correct use of the term INvoluntary CELibate is someone who hates women because those women have the nerve to refuse sex with them.

The majority of times I have seen this word used does not refer to actual INCELS - it refers to someone with anti-feminist views. Which is a joke as the word ''feminist'' is a meaningless term anyway unless you quantify that with what type of feminist you happen to be - sex-negative and sex-positive feminists for example are the worst of enemies and have wildly dissenting views. It is exactly the same way in which the term Nazi gets thrown around whenever someone has an even slightly contrary view on race relations.

Oh, and fyi, how many genuine INCELS actually refer to themselves INCELS in your opinion? Because I have met a lot of ''nice guys'' who creep around women for months/years hoping for sex and then getting angry about ''friendzones'' and shit. They wouldn't call themselves INCELS and yet they are well on their way. I posit to you that this cult actually has very few self-aware members.
We used to argue whether Star Trek or Star Wars was better. Now we argue which one is worse.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Worffan101 wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:35 am
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:54 am When did I ever call you a Commie??

Agree to disagree, I suppose.
Power laces... alright.
Worffan101
Captain

Post by Worffan101 »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:39 pm
Worffan101 wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:35 am

Agree to disagree, I suppose.
That's ignoring my question. What exactly are you arguing for here?