I ain't afraid of no ghost week.

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Robovski
Captain

Re: I ain't afraid of no ghost week.

Post by Robovski »

Maybe a return to Ghost In the Shell? There is more material he could cover.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Now that would be a clever twist o.o
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
sayla0079
Captain

Post by sayla0079 »

Wait oh gees he's not going to review the movie Ghost is he I don't have enough tissues for that.
CrypticMirror
Captain

Post by CrypticMirror »

Swayze was awesome in that movie, oh it was so sad what happened to him. Okay, I'm gonna go put on some Righteous Brothers music right now.

I wish Demi Moore's hairstyle from that movie would come back in fashion too. I could rock that look.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoEwR9_Sy_M
Rocketboy1313
Captain

Post by Rocketboy1313 »

Mabus wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:44 am I too like the second film, but after I rewatched it a couple of times, I noticed that it comes across like a collage of jokes, there is little build-up until the end, it's just not as smooth as the first film. And why did Vigo had to have Dana's baby? Couldn't he have had Janosz steal a baby from an orphanage, that way no one would have learnt about his plan? Who made that slime? How come it could have moved towards Vigo's building? At least the building in the first film was build specifically to summon Gozer. This one is just a museum, and Vigo's painting was the only paranormal thing in it.
Also, the film starts with the characters in almost the same position as in the first film, they even conveniently forgot about the paranormal (apparently Peck, after seeing a 100 ft marshmallow man walking in New York was now totally convinced that it was all a huge prank), it's like they decided to remake the first film, only without the passion the first one had.
They explain a lot of this stuff in the "Ghostbusters" video game. Which is basically the third movie... except they couldn't get Sigourney Weaver for some reason and you can tell that there is a character that would have been her and it would have tied up all the loose ends to the narrative... But it is fine.
My Blog: http://rocketboy1313.blogspot.com/
My Twitter: https://twitter.com/Rocketboy1313
My Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/rocketboy1313
My Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/13rocketboy13
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

I think he could review the second movie some of the cartoon real ghostbusters maybe extreme ghostbusters and or the female ghostbusters.
J!!
Captain

Post by J!! »

Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Maybe.
Keyser94
Redshirt

Post by Keyser94 »

Rocketboy1313 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:01 pm
Mabus wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:44 am I too like the second film, but after I rewatched it a couple of times, I noticed that it comes across like a collage of jokes, there is little build-up until the end, it's just not as smooth as the first film. And why did Vigo had to have Dana's baby? Couldn't he have had Janosz steal a baby from an orphanage, that way no one would have learnt about his plan? Who made that slime? How come it could have moved towards Vigo's building? At least the building in the first film was build specifically to summon Gozer. This one is just a museum, and Vigo's painting was the only paranormal thing in it.
Also, the film starts with the characters in almost the same position as in the first film, they even conveniently forgot about the paranormal (apparently Peck, after seeing a 100 ft marshmallow man walking in New York was now totally convinced that it was all a huge prank), it's like they decided to remake the first film, only without the passion the first one had.
They explain a lot of this stuff in the "Ghostbusters" video game. Which is basically the third movie... except they couldn't get Sigourney Weaver for some reason and you can tell that there is a character that would have been her and it would have tied up all the loose ends to the narrative... But it is fine.
You mean the Reagan Ghostbusters? The one with anti-regulation propaganda that sound totally ridiculous when you see again as adult, after all, they have a nuclear bomb device in the middle of fucking New York and they are use nuclear devices in their backs, and they dare to portray the one that want some oversee over their equipment like a stupid buffoon.

Hell, the director admit it himself that was the whole purpose of the whole movie, he is a more well spoken version of the director of Red Dawn, with the same more and less ridiculous premise.

Speaking of Ghost in the Shell, why Chuck not do a review on the Ju On/The Grudge saga, that are clearly scary ghost, with Lovecraftian powers, they are unbeatable, unstoppable, that create a atmosphere of dread and despair, because at difference of western ghost, not matter if you resolve the mystery, try to find the unsolved issue left behind, this movies are base in the myth of the Onryo, or revengeful spirit, meaning that ones you enter in their territory you are doom, and destroying their hunting grounds wont stop the curse, only spread it to the world because they aren't bound to one place anymore.
Beastro
Captain

Post by Beastro »

CrypticMirror wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:03 pm
Scififan wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:40 pm I never really got the hate that Ghostbusters 2 got. It wasn't as good as the first one but I still enjoyed. Hell, I didn't really hate the new Ghostbusters, there are some things I liked about it.
Same. I found Ghostbusters 2 to be fun and engaging, and I do not understand why people do not like it equally as much as the first movie.
I enjoyed it as a kid, but rewatching it a few years back, I realized the show was aimless and lacked the spirit of the old one.

It has some good ideas with the slime and Vigo, but they have so much time to fill that is stuff with the movie just ambling about.

A good part that sums the movie up is when the guys get back together, suit up and start running through New York as the soundtrack plays. It feels less like them being back in action and more them forming up to do something obliged of them that is required and not enjoyed.

It makes me wonder how much the cast even really wanted to make a sequel, especially Ackroyd.