I ain't afraid of no ghost week.

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Re: I ain't afraid of no ghost week.

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Extreme Ghostbusters did a good job of taking the Batman TAS route with "if you can't kill people on the show, make it so that something happens to them even more horrific than if they were dead."

Like the bone-stealing demon...
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
CrypticMirror
Captain

Post by CrypticMirror »

Cheerilee wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:45 pm

Peck was absolutely in the wrong.
Nah he is 99% in the wrong, but that 1% is still a doozy. He had a right to be concerned about both their methods and motivations, as well as their legitimacy. The GBs do act unbelievably cavalierly, and it is a miracle they didn't hurt someone, they do need some form of oversight. Where he went wrong was getting personal about it, and appointing himself as the one person in authority who was gonna take them down. Once he stopped listening to his own experts and expected things to turn out right just because he felt strongly enough about something, that is where he really f'ed up though.
FaxModem1
Captain

Post by FaxModem1 »

Now I'm wondering about an alternative version of the movie, following the style of the Chernobyl miniseries.

Now I'm just imagining a scene where Ray's hair is falling out, Egon is starting to bleed from open sores, Winston starts losing teeth, and Peter is screaming in bed from the pain and is slowly dying of cancer, all the while insulting everyone around him and saying that it's not his fault.
J!!
Captain

Post by J!! »

I would watch several of the fucks out of that.
RobbyB1982
Captain

Post by RobbyB1982 »

My wife really enjoyed Ghostbusers 2016, and I had fun with it.

It's not a constant repeat go back to regularly film, but its perfectly watchable and deserved nowhere near the sheer bile that got tossed at it.

If it didn't work for you, or the humor wasn't your thing, that's fine. But just "it wasn't as good as the original" is an awful point when Ghostbusters 2 already exists, and that had all the same talent attached to it as the first one and was made in the same era.
HumanXeroxMachine
Redshirt

Post by HumanXeroxMachine »

Ghostbusters 2 isn't as bad as it's reputation. While it doesn't really do anything new, It's still an enjoyable sequel. GB2016 on the other hand had...nice special effects. That's the only nice thing I can say about that movie. Saw it once. I don't intend to watch it again.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

HumanXeroxMachine wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:42 pm Ghostbusters 2 isn't as bad as it's reputation. While it doesn't really do anything new, It's still an enjoyable sequel. GB2016 on the other hand had...nice special effects. That's the only nice thing I can say about that movie. Saw it once. I don't intend to watch it again.
I will just say this the original ghostbusters was like the SNL of the time and gb2016 is like Modern SNL.
HumanXeroxMachine
Redshirt

Post by HumanXeroxMachine »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:49 pmI will just say this the original ghostbusters was like the SNL of the time and gb2016 is like Modern SNL.
That's a good way to describe it.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

HumanXeroxMachine wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:17 pm
Thebestoftherest wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:49 pmI will just say this the original ghostbusters was like the SNL of the time and gb2016 is like Modern SNL.
That's a good way to describe it.
Thanks.
G-Man
Officer

Post by G-Man »

I think that Ghostbusters 2 was a serviceable film, but it really did not have the "oomph" of the first one, which really had a good climax.

Another problem was that if you grew up with the Real Ghostbusters cartoon, seeing an alternate history where the Ghostbusters basically got screwed over right after the events of Ghostbusters I (instead of having adventures afterwards) makes it a lot less relatable.
"You say I'm a dreamer/we're two of a kind/looking for some perfect world/we know we'll never find" - Thompson Twins