Christmas Show

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
TGLS
Captain

Re: Christmas Show

Post by TGLS »

RobbyB1982 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:28 pm Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye) (Probably missed his Hulk cameo)
Elizabeth Olsen (Scarlet Witch) (Winter Soldier credits)
Cobie Smothers (Maria Hill) (Infinity War credits)
Hayley Atwell (Peggy Carter) (Avengers 2 illusion)
Paul Rudd (Ant man) was decisively in 4 films, then in archive footage in Spiderman... so he maybe counts too.
Yeah, I added Liz after the Oracle of Bacon kept bringing her up. I'll check the others.

Edit: None of them are directly connected to any of the directors by the oracle

At this point, I think Steven Soderbergh - Gwyneth Paltrow - Contagion is most likely. Ocean's 11 is a remake, and I really can't see how they would be called Sci-Fi anyway. Godzilla 2014 could plausibly be called a remake. SW Prequels and Slashers (i.e. Prom Night) weren't allowed in 2014. Eros is an erotic drama. Contagion is all that's left.
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
RobbyB1982
Captain

Post by RobbyB1982 »

That seems like a terrible choice for the Christmas movie given... the year. And that Chuck already noted doing the Andromeda Strain (twice!) during the pandemic is yucky. Hard to see that film being a demanding choice that someone would want commissioned as well.

I mean, if the clues fit then okay, but that seems such an odd choice.
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

As a a bit of a lark, I checked Stan Lee, and there is a documentary where Kevin Smith interviewed Stan.

--

Regardless, it's getting really tight. Maybe there's an actor who was left out for some reason. Maybe "21st Century film" doesn't mean after 1999 (there are many companies). Some insisting it isn't SF or Fantasy can mean all. The rest of the statements seem fairly declarative and unambiguous.
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Spam-desu
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Contagion isn't even that bad a film tbh.

Godzilla 2014 would make sense as Chuck has already covered the Godzilla franchise, but again, if you're going to do ''the worst Godzilla film'' you wouldn't pick THIS Godzilla film.

I'm starting to feel like either I will never have heard of this film or Chuck has been a bit creative with his clues.
Fianna
Captain

Post by Fianna »

Question, Chuck: when you say it's a 21st Century film, which century are you counting the Year 2000 as being part of?

Something for the rest of us to keep in mind: Chuck says it's been in the queue since 2014, but that doesn't necessarily mean it was released by 2014. Someone might have put in a request for a movie that hadn't been released yet.
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

TGLS wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:25 pm OK, one of these:

Gareth Edwards - Elizabeth Olsen - Godzilla 2014
George Lucas - Samuel L. Jackson - SW Prequels§
Joshua Leonard - Idris Elba - Prom Night‡§
Kevin Smith - Chris Evans - TMNT‡
Steven Soderbergh - Robert Downey Jr. - Eros
Steven Soderbergh - Gwyneth Paltrow - Contagion
Steven Soderbergh - Don Cheadle - Traffic, Ocean's
Steven Soderbergh - Sebastian Stan - Logan Lucky*
Steven Spielberg - Tom Hiddleston - War Horse†

* After 2014
† Clearcut Adaptation
‡ Not Directing
§ Disallowed in 2014
This is the list of directors and actors who meet the requirements (mentioned last week, MCU actor in 5 movies) and shared a movie. I've marked the ones that have problems.
Spam-desu
CrypticMirror
Captain

Post by CrypticMirror »

clearspira wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:01 pm

Godzilla 2014 would make sense as Chuck has already covered the Godzilla franchise, but again, if you're going to do ''the worst Godzilla film'' you wouldn't pick THIS Godzilla film.

Maybe you wouldn't. To me, because it squandered so much potential in technological advancement, cast talent, and just plain storytelling, G14 gets my stamp of "Worst of the Worst".
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Fianna wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:26 pm Question, Chuck: when you say it's a 21st Century film, which century are you counting the Year 2000 as being part of?

Something for the rest of us to keep in mind: Chuck says it's been in the queue since 2014, but that doesn't necessarily mean it was released by 2014. Someone might have put in a request for a movie that hadn't been released yet.
Tbh, I have never met anyone who does not consider 2000 to be the 21st century.

I think you make an interesting point that it COULD be a 2015 film. Yay! Chuck is doing The Force Awakens :lol:
Captain Crimson
Captain

Post by Captain Crimson »

clearspira wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:25 pm
Fianna wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:26 pm Question, Chuck: when you say it's a 21st Century film, which century are you counting the Year 2000 as being part of?

Tbh, I have never met anyone who does not consider 2000 to be the 21st century.

I think you make an interesting point that it COULD be a 2015 film. Yay! Chuck is doing The Force Awakens :lol:
I look forward to his commentary on Legacy of the For - I-I mean, TFA. Yes, that is exactly what I mean. :mrgreen:
RobbyB1982
Captain

Post by RobbyB1982 »

clearspira wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:01 pm if you're going to do ''the worst Godzilla film'' you wouldn't pick THIS Godzilla film.
The Christmas pick being bad is tradition, but not a rule. Like Knight Rider was the thing last year and that was the pilot episode and the one with the evil car.