Supernatural: Pilot

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Beastro
Captain

Re: Supernatural: Pilot

Post by Beastro »

stellar_coyote wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:23 am I also could never get into Supernatural, there's only so much "CWness" I could handle and 15 seasons (good Lord, some showrunners couldn't even imagine that) just seems to much.
That's what I find most amusing. I took a look at it and dropped it at the end of the first season. I never thought it would go this long.
MafiaKirby
Redshirt

Post by MafiaKirby »

Back in highschool my friend told me it was gonna end after season 5 and so I told them I'd just wait until the last episode and we can binge it together after

Last episode airs soon... And there's a pandemic on, so I'm STILL delayed. (Might watch some bits with them over a stream or something)
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

I'm with SFDebris on the DIY tank top. I mean, I could see wearing that to a party as a sexy thing maybe, but for sleepwear? It'd be so uncomfortable. You'd keep adjusting it and feeling like it was almost about to slide off. Better to either wear proper pajamas or go nude. And this is speaking as somebody who does have a sexual interest in belly buttons.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
stryke
Captain

Post by stryke »

stellar_coyote wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:23 am I also could never get into Supernatural, there's only so much "CWness" I could handle and 15 seasons (good Lord, some showrunners couldn't even imagine that) just seems too much.
Good news, s1-5 tells a really solid entirely complete story, and you can punch out having watched what was really a pretty great show over all. Even better if you used to like the DC Vertigo imprint of the 90s as the show borrows heavily to the point of strip mining.

After that... yikes to put it mildly. I managed to get to around s7-8 (I forget where exactly as forgetting seemed really sensible cause oof it was rough) and that was about all I could manage before it got too much for me.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Somebody summarized it very well as "Redneck Dragon Ball Z". I learned from my partner, who still watches it, that they had another Antichrist, possibly because the writers just forgot about the first time they did an Antichrist plot.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville