X-Files - Drive

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Beastro
Captain

Re: X-Files - Drive

Post by Beastro »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:10 pm Well it's not bugging me that it isn't preplanned so to speak. I guess I do see that as a naturative production approach. South Park was always prided in off-the-cuff writing, and even tried to tackle the election. And it was kind of a gamble it was for them.
That would have been ok had the producers been honest or even vague.

They weren't.

The problem was right off the bat fans started asking if it was pre-planned and they got a lot of "Uhhhhh..... yeah, totally! In fact EVERY little hint and detail will add up in the end. Trust us! We have it ALL laid out!".

I remember one particular fan interview around the second to last season where Michael Emerson was asked such stuff and he very hesitantly and awkwardly started talking about how everything will make sense in the final season and it would all add up.

It felt like part of him knew he was on egg shells with the producers and couldn't be honest and another part wanted to do some trolling knowing what the final season was going to be like.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

The only thing I remember them hyping was the first movie that was going to supposedly bring it all together and answer stuff.

I'm not really sure that they didn't answer the question. They explained what the symbiote was and the government's role. It's just not a climactic response, or encounter necessarily. The movie's plot is just a dilemma to find out those two pieces of information.
..What mirror universe?
Nevix
Officer

Post by Nevix »

I remember this episode, though I was a little too young at the time to catch the negative traits of the victim.

It's a good episode.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Nevix wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:13 am I remember this episode, though I was a little too young at the time to catch the negative traits of the victim.
To what end are you observing said traits?
..What mirror universe?