What video games are you playing?

For anything and everything that's not already covered in the other forums. Except for that which is forbidden. Check the forum guidelines to make sure or risk the wrath of the warrior cobalt tarantulas!
jstrahan
Officer

Re: What video games are you playing?

Post by jstrahan »

Medal of Honor Allied Assault.
ChiggyvonRichthofen
Captain

Post by ChiggyvonRichthofen »

jstrahan wrote:Medal of Honor Allied Assault.
I love that game.

Started a replay of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. A combination of factors outside the control of the developers really led to the game being unfairly maligned, in my opinion. Beautiful game, if not as complete as Human Revolution or as deep thematically/philosophically as the original game.
The owls are not what they seem.
Fixer
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Fixer »

jstrahan wrote:Medal of Honor Allied Assault.
That gives me some pangs of nostalgia.

The wonderful North Africa missions withe the British SAS. That awesome soundtrack, especially the King Tiger mission.

That goddamn sniper mission I must have died about 50 times on.
Thread ends here. Cut along dotted line.
------8<--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LittleRaven
Captain

Post by LittleRaven »

Total War: Warhammer 2 is just about here! I'm so hyped!

Seriously, I dumped...an absolutely ridiculous number of hours into the first one. Can't wait to command dinosaurs riding other, larger dinosaurs!
ChiggyvonRichthofen
Captain

Post by ChiggyvonRichthofen »

I'm playing The Walking Dead season 1. Pretty good game, albeit more of an "interactive story" for the most part. The show itself wasn't/isn't really my thing, but I think the type of moral dilemmas that come with zombies/apocalyptic scenarios really benefit from the video game format. You might not change the endgame, but you're the one who has to pull the trigger on some of these tough questions.
The owls are not what they seem.
FaxModem1
Captain

Post by FaxModem1 »

ChiggyvonRichthofen wrote:I'm playing The Walking Dead season 1. Pretty good game, albeit more of an "interactive story" for the most part. The show itself wasn't/isn't really my thing, but I think the type of moral dilemmas that come with zombies/apocalyptic scenarios really benefit from the video game format. You might not change the endgame, but you're the one who has to pull the trigger on some of these tough questions.
Just don't touch season 2 or 3, they had different writing teams and it's really apparent that they didn't know what they were doing.
Robovski
Captain

Post by Robovski »

I fell into a time hole last night playing Divinity: Original Sin 2, suddenly it was 3am and I had to sleep so I think I can say I found it engaging. I expect that will be my game for a while, but I was playing Endless Space 2 last week which is a good space 4x.
Steve
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Steve »

I keep fighting my need for Paradox games, as I have writing projects I want to focus on, but HOI4 keeps sucking me back in. It doesn't help that the Road to '56 mod has new national focus trees that let you do fun things like remove the Nazis in favor of an Imperial restoration, which made a German playthrough more intriguing to me.
"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

Administrator of SFD, Former Spacebattles Super-Mod, Veteran Chatnik. And multiverse crossover-loving writer, of course!
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

Kotor 2 with the restored story content. Giving Mace Griffin a break because i have an another starfighter mission i cannot complete.
George
Redshirt

Post by George »

CKII and Stellaris, Bloodborne (and some Dark Souls 1 and 2), KSP, Fallout 2 and 4, OpenTTD (Transport Tycoon Deluxe), Various Total War games
"Gold is for the mistress -- silver for the maid --
Copper for the craftsman cunning at his trade."

"Good!" said the Baron, sitting in his hall,
"But Iron -- Cold Iron -- is master of them all."