Christmas Show

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
clearspira
Overlord

Re: Christmas Show

Post by clearspira »

TGLS wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:33 am Bryan Cranston was in The X-Files: Drive and was in Contagion.
A pandemic themed film would make sense for the 2020 Christmas ep I guess.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

I'm guessing Contagion for such reasons as well.
..What mirror universe?
RobbyB1982
Captain

Post by RobbyB1982 »

I didn't want to go with Contagion BECAUSE of the year and we already had Andromeda Strain twice but the clues DO seem to have whittled it down to that being the only option at this point. It was one of the only options like two clues ago and now...
DrWheelz
Redshirt

Post by DrWheelz »

I knew that there was no way on Bob's green earth that he was going to do it, but part of me was hoping that our congenial host was going to do The Timeless Children this Christmas. You want to talk about the worst of the worst of the worst? You can't sink much lower than that.
No man is happier than the one that has made himself miserable in order to feel as though he is in control. - Dr. John Noel
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

DrWheelz wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:40 am I knew that there was no way on Bob's green earth that he was going to do it, but part of me was hoping that our congenial host was going to do The Timeless Children this Christmas. You want to talk about the worst of the worst of the worst? You can't sink much lower than that.
Is that the one where they retcon the First Doctor as actually being a black woman?
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

clearspira wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:39 pm
DrWheelz wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:40 am I knew that there was no way on Bob's green earth that he was going to do it, but part of me was hoping that our congenial host was going to do The Timeless Children this Christmas. You want to talk about the worst of the worst of the worst? You can't sink much lower than that.
Is that the one where they retcon the First Doctor as actually being a black woman?
Yes, it's the conclusion of the most recent season (series? idk).
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

clearspira wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:16 pm All I know is, based on this, Chuck has broken the unwritten ''worst of X'' rule for Christmas.
I suppose Contagion could be said to be the worst film in the Contagion series. It's also the best and only.
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

TGLS wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:14 am
clearspira wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:39 pm
Yes, it's the conclusion of the most recent season (series? idk).
In that case, yes, it is the worst episode of Dr Who period. Because y'know, the one where Six strangles Peri is horrific, and the one where Ten has to deal with pig Daleks is nonsensical; but at least none of those episodes rewrote literally everything we know about the main character. By putting in a ''Zero Doctor'' for lack of a better word it steals William Hartnell's legacy - which offends me more than the act itself frankly.

So yeah, i'm with Dr Wheelz. It won't be this year but hopefully the next.
Robovski
Captain

Post by Robovski »

Yeah, the episode where moon is an egg is a terrible story? Hold my beer, here comes The Timeless Children. Whole season suffered from being largely boring and then a massive retcon to the entire franchise... I don't know if I'm going to bother watching the New Year episode or anything else from the current production team.
stryke
Captain

Post by stryke »

Robovski wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:10 am Yeah, the episode where moon is an egg is a terrible story? Hold my beer, here comes The Timeless Children.
I only watched the first ep of the current Doctor due to not liking having too many companions and I was glad to recently hear they're pairing them down again back to a more sensible number. Not helped by some serious Who-fatigue of having such a good actor to play the Doctor so badly wasted with so many just plain bad scripts and sodding Clara.

So I admit to have not watched the episode in question, and yet I still can't believe there's an episode worse that the moon-egg one. Nope, can't be done. Even Love and Monsters or Fear Her were so much better than that.