New Vegas

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Beastro
Captain

Re: New Vegas

Post by Beastro »

Riedquat wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:21 pm
Nealithi wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:51 pm But that is also a thing with the engine. I have tossed in CBBE for both Fallout4 and Skyrim and the graphics for all the female models. And I for one have thought elf and dark elf faces in Elder Scrolls were god awful. But with this they are passable and humans are good. So it isn't an engine limitation.
It's the high elves that freaked me out in Skyrim, much more than the dark elves. They really looked weird.
Making elves more alien looking is a good thing, imo. The huge issue with Oblivion was their faces became too human. One of the few neat innovations of TES has been to increasingly make elves not simply be just a variation of human which then ties into the irreconcilable racial tension between the two. The only issue with the Thalmor are that they're too conventionally snobbish.

For me, nothing beats Morrowind's Bosmer. Something just isn't right about their faces and that fits with them being these nice forest dwelling cannibals.
Riedquat
Captain

Post by Riedquat »

Beastro wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:32 pm
Riedquat wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:21 pm
Nealithi wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:51 pm But that is also a thing with the engine. I have tossed in CBBE for both Fallout4 and Skyrim and the graphics for all the female models. And I for one have thought elf and dark elf faces in Elder Scrolls were god awful. But with this they are passable and humans are good. So it isn't an engine limitation.
It's the high elves that freaked me out in Skyrim, much more than the dark elves. They really looked weird.
Making elves more alien looking is a good thing, imo. The huge issue with Oblivion was their faces became too human. One of the few neat innovations of TES has been to increasingly make elves not simply be just a variation of human which then ties into the irreconcilable racial tension between the two. The only issue with the Thalmor are that they're too conventionally snobbish.
Agree with that. And despite it for some bizarre reason I find the dark elves rather attractive (despite the bags around the eyes). But it is pretty well acknowledged that Bethesda's character models aren't the greatest (some of the humans look odd enough). I've chucked some mods on although I don't like ones that try to make all the women look like Barbie dolls.
Independent George
Officer

Post by Independent George »

So, because I watched Chuck's video recently, this FNV retrospective just popped up on my Youtube feed. It focuses more on the structural elements to immersion than the specific story & character arcs, but man it brings back so many memories of this game (f***ing cazadores!). The section on failed speech checks also reminded me of Bud's attempts to round up a posse.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Wonder what his thoughts on the Legion is?
Independent George
Officer

Thebestoftherest wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:39 am Wonder what his thoughts on the Legion is?
It's a little after the 1:06 mark.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Chuck?
Independent George
Officer

Thebestoftherest wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:54 pm Chuck?
Ah, sorry. I thought you were asking about the video I linked.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Independent George wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:22 pm
Thebestoftherest wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:54 pm Chuck?
Ah, sorry. I thought you were asking about the video I linked.
Yeah, NP.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

I really hope someone pays Chuck to do Cyberpunk 2077 when that game is playable.
Rocketboy1313
Captain

Post by Rocketboy1313 »

Between this series starting up and Hbomberguy doing his salute to New Vegas I have decided to repaly the game. I have not made it very far, getting on the Legion's bad side early in the game and building a character to be chatty means their hit squads will kill you dead... A LOT.

I have started to shift tactics and should be making faster progress soon tho.
My Blog: http://rocketboy1313.blogspot.com/
My Twitter: https://twitter.com/Rocketboy1313
My Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/rocketboy1313
My Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/13rocketboy13