New Vegas

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Independent George
Officer

Re: New Vegas

Post by Independent George »

I decided to start up a new, mostly un-modded game. The only mods I have are anti-crash, the script extender, and Yukichigai's Unofficial Patch. It's funny how much I got used to various silly mods, like the pony textures.

The game is ten years old, so it doesn't look the greatest at 1440p, but it's acceptable, and the one advantage is that it's super smooth even on my RX 580. Fallout 4 New Vegas looks great - I really hope they pull it off.
Riedquat
Captain

Post by Riedquat »

Independent George wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:49 pm
The game is ten years old, so it doesn't look the greatest at 1440p, but it's acceptable, and the one advantage is that it's super smooth even on my RX 580. Fallout 4 New Vegas looks great - I really hope they pull it off.
First I've heard of Fallout 4 New Vegas, thanks for bringing it to my attention.
Independent George
Officer

I never realized how much FNV content is still being made ten years later. Case in point: the story of Useless Steve, The Worst Courier (all stats set to 1 via console commands). In this episode, Steve introduces an unexpected guest to Goodsprings.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Many the true nerd.
Independent George
Officer

If we ever get a New Vegas Remastered edition, I hope they restore the cut content instead of just increasing the resolution - starting with The Strip before they had to cut it down due to memory issues with both Gamebryo and the PS3.

There are enough texture mods out there that get the game to look decent (though admittedly not great) on modern hardware, but getting the Strip opened up and populated like it was meant to be requires a rebuild.

You can't expect a game to look great after a decade, but the writing in NV was such that it's still worth playing all these years later. Put it on a modern game engine with graphics to match, and I think you could get an entirely new generation hooked on it like I was.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Maybe but looking pretty at the price of game play and story is what people talk about
Riedquat
Captain

Post by Riedquat »

Independent George wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:01 am If we ever get a New Vegas Remastered edition, I hope they restore the cut content instead of just increasing the resolution - starting with The Strip before they had to cut it down due to memory issues with both Gamebryo and the PS3.

There are enough texture mods out there that get the game to look decent (though admittedly not great) on modern hardware, but getting the Strip opened up and populated like it was meant to be requires a rebuild.

You can't expect a game to look great after a decade, but the writing in NV was such that it's still worth playing all these years later. Put it on a modern game engine with graphics to match, and I think you could get an entirely new generation hooked on it like I was.
It's a bit much I think to expect a fan-made mod (which this looks like, although it's really doing it a disservice to use the word "mod" I think) to use a new engine, although Bethesda, please use a new engine! From the name "Fallout 4: New Vegas" I assume it's using the Fallout 4 version, which whilst essentially the same thing is a bit more capable, and the remake won't be limited by the hardware of the time, so it may well be more populated, or hopefully at least lose some of the loading screens.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Independent George wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:14 pm I never realized how much FNV content is still being made ten years later. Case in point: the story of Useless Steve, The Worst Courier (all stats set to 1 via console commands). In this episode, Steve introduces an unexpected guest to Goodsprings.
Jon makes great stuff. He is doing a YOLO run of Fallout 4 at the moment (the whole game, one life bar, no healing). Which would be easy if he just headed for the endgame but he is actually trying to play it properly.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Riedquat wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:54 pm
Independent George wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:01 am If we ever get a New Vegas Remastered edition, I hope they restore the cut content instead of just increasing the resolution - starting with The Strip before they had to cut it down due to memory issues with both Gamebryo and the PS3.

It's a bit much I think to expect a fan-made mod (which this looks like, although it's really doing it a disservice to use the word "mod" I think) to use a new engine, although Bethesda, please use a new engine! From the name "Fallout 4: New Vegas" I assume it's using the Fallout 4 version, which whilst essentially the same thing is a bit more capable, and the remake won't be limited by the hardware of the time, so it may well be more populated, or hopefully at least lose some of the loading screens.
Bethesda is under new management now. Hopefully we'll finally get some innovation. Fallout 76 was very much a kick up the ass for their reputation but I also think that Obsidian's Outer Worlds also hurt. You don't hear much about it any more but it was far more acclaimed than 76 ever was.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

I want a remake on new vegas, or release it on the switch.