MAGA rioters storm the Senate

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
TGLS
Captain

Re: MAGA rioters storm the Senate

Post by TGLS »

Captain Crimson wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:42 pm It's just flat-out disturbing at how far society has degraded.
Relative to when? Most of the problems that exist today are problems that were wallpapered over some time ago. They haven't appeared out of nowhere, they were always around, just now recognized.
Captain Crimson wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:42 pmThis isn't the end of it. Perhaps a non sequitur, but also relevant...
This is literally a contradiction. A non-sequitur literally does not follow from the previous statement. If it were relevant, it would follow from the previous statement.
Captain Crimson wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:42 pmwhat about the lawsuits against the IA? Is that going down? TWM?
You really ought to spell out abbreviations the first time you use them, unless they're well known abbreviations (i.e. IRS, OMG, etc.). And you also ought link things you want to bring up; which IA Lawsuit? This one against iA Financial? One in Iowa?
Captain Crimson wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:42 pmIn essence, IMO at least, this far far far far far surpasses how the Nazis and the Soviets rewrote history COMBINED.
Stalin shot people who didn't tow the party line on history, Stalin airbrushed people out, himself in, and the total dead because of the Holodomor is extremely difficult to tell. Read about negationism before trivializing it.
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
Rocketboy1313
Captain

Post by Rocketboy1313 »

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:33 am I do care about that too, was never saying the George Floyd protests make these riots okay but no one cares when an extremist black activist kills a cop because, they deserved it, I guess?
What the fuck are you talking about?
Seriously what the hell logic is this?
Of course people care.
YOU ARE LITERALLY BRINGING IT UP NOW.
You know, out of nowhere you are bringing it up, because you have invented some fictional universe where no one cares about murder.
My Blog: http://rocketboy1313.blogspot.com/
My Twitter: https://twitter.com/Rocketboy1313
My Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/rocketboy1313
My Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/13rocketboy13
unknownsample
Officer

Post by unknownsample »

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:33 am
unknownsample wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:25 am
Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:20 am
Rocketboy1313 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:11 pm Marginalized people demanding civil rights, even with violence, is justified.
Privileged people attempting to overturn an election so they can keep marginalizing people is not justified.
I thought I was finally done with this but are they justified in murdering police officers? Blue Lives Matter wasn't just some petty, knee jerk response to Black Lives Matter, it was in response to police being murdered.
A police officer has died as a result injuries sustained yesterday plus numerous others were injured why don't you get upset about that.
I do care about that too, was never saying the George Floyd protests make these riots okay but no one cares when an extremist black activist kills a cop because, they deserved it, I guess?
No do try and understand this point because it has been explained to you many times. Just because people support black lives matter doesn't mean they want to kill police officers what they want is for police officers not to kill black people on the slightest pretext.
Captain Crimson
Captain

Post by Captain Crimson »

I was referring to the Internet Archive and The Wayback Machine. So far as I can tell, that lawsuit still isn't settled, and was kicked off by insane soyboy man-child Chuck Wendig. I don't usually go those far into insults, but in this case, it's warranted. Love him or hate him, even Mr. Trump didn't purge or try to purge half a trillion historical works, though admittedly not for lack of trying if it was possible. I find it hilarious one insane SJW Twitter woke wing nut is crazier than the Soviets and Nazis.
unknownsample wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:47 am
Rocketboy1313 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:11 pm Marginalized people demanding civil rights, even with violence, is justified.
Privileged people attempting to overturn an election so they can keep marginalizing people is not justified.
I thought I was finally done with this but are they justified in murdering police officers? Blue Lives Matter wasn't just some petty, knee jerk response to Black Lives Matter, it was in response to police being murdered.
A police officer has died as a result injuries sustained yesterday plus numerous others were injured why don't you get upset about that.
I do care about that too, was never saying the George Floyd protests make these riots okay but no one cares when an extremist black activist kills a cop because, they deserved it, I guess?
No do try and understand this point because it has been explained to you many times. Just because people support black lives matter doesn't mean they want to kill police officers what they want is for police officers not to kill black people on the slightest pretext.
I've seen renewed calls to abolish police now from self-professed SJWs on Twitter. Because yes, once the Capital Building has been stormed, once there's mass riots going on all over the country, defund police, slash funding, get rid of law enforcement. I sometimes can't help but wonder if it's merely so that the next revolution succeeds.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Post by Dragon Ball Fan »

Rocketboy1313 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:45 am
Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:33 am I do care about that too, was never saying the George Floyd protests make these riots okay but no one cares when an extremist black activist kills a cop because, they deserved it, I guess?
Of course people care.
You know, out of nowhere you are bringing it up, because you have invented some fictional universe where no one cares about murder.
I care because my family has cops in it. The fact that no leftist ever talks about the cops who have died or express sympathy for their families or the fact that Blue Lives Matter, a movement responding to police murder, is demonized, doesn't convince me people in control of the current narrative care.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Post by Dragon Ball Fan »

unknownsample wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:47 am
Then, how come losts of people who show up to those protests scream death threats at cops or write death threats on walls?
Captain Crimson
Captain

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:56 am
Rocketboy1313 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:45 am
Of course people care.
I care because my family has cops in it. The fact that no leftist ever talks about the cops who have died or express sympathy for their families or the fact that Blue Lives Matter, a movement responding to police murder, is demonized, doesn't convince me people in control of the current narrative care.
I saw something like this over the summer. The SJW mobs stormed Mr. Witwer's Twitter account merely for defending his cop friend who actually is trying to make a difference from the inside, and he doesn't want him fired, since he does so much good... but then they got him to eventually drop the #DefundThePolice hashtag. He didn't want to tell his friend to quit his job, but he was apparently all too happy to put him out of his job by supporting the “Defund the Police” movement.

This is what the elites want, that we're falling for. They WANT us fighting because they're deathly afraid, they see their power slipping, and don't want us thinking about that too much as they move to chip away at the one last bastion of freedom left, the internet.
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

Captain Crimson wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:54 am I was referring to the Internet Archive and The Wayback Machine. So far as I can tell, that lawsuit still isn't settled, and was kicked off by insane soyboy man-child Chuck Wendig.
The Internet Archive was getting sued by Wiley and Harpercollins for scanning a bunch of books they owned and lending them out in proportion to the number of physical copies they own. It's a sticky situation, but nobody's goal is to destroy the Internet Archive (though that might be the consequence). Wendig has little (if anything) to do with this.

https://www.vox.com/2020/6/23/21293875/ ... -copyright
https://www.thenation.com/article/socie ... -to-court/
https://fortune.com/2020/11/28/digital- ... t-archive/
http://blog.archive.org/2020/07/29/inte ... s-lawsuit/
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
Captain Crimson
Captain

Point remains, TWM goes down, you're going to see nuclear levels of fire felt worldwide. But I find it quite interesting that the big corporations finally get this removed, when it documents all their past abuses. Their goal may not be that, so they claim, but it does wind up removing a large chunk of history that could be used as fair use criticism against them. My, how convenient.

My observation was specifically on one topic, historical revision, and no others, because on the topics of the murder, rapes, imprisonment, the Soviets and Nazis beat them hands down. Unless you can name an instance where they purged half a trillion historical documents. As disgusting as those regimes are, it was literally impossible to burn books that fast or photoshop away state enemies from your pictures that fast. The math doesn't support that.

Because one could argue it's censorship, but I also think it's being done merely so that the past histories to these Twitter nutcases and that of their corporate masters isn't so easy to be whipped out and used against them. That's the world we live in. Total, open transparency in business and government may not be possible, but our elites fear even basic efforts made in those areas, so they clamp down even harder.

Surely you can admit on the single topic of historical revision, this one action would far surpass what the Nazis and Soviets did? On all others, they're always going to be the grand champions, unfortunately.

Just remember Chuck Wendig was a hero to SJWs till this started. :lol:
CmdrKing
Captain

Post by CmdrKing »

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-a ... ice-2021-1

If you see calls for defunding then police renewed, THIS sort of thing is why: they’ve proven they are only interested in defending private property and killing Black and brown people. Thwarting fascistic coups? Nah, not their department.

If they don’t want to exercise their power against genuine threats to society, if they are showing in real time they only want to oppress the powerless rather than uphold the laws, then why do they exist.