MAGA rioters storm the Senate

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Draco Dracul
Captain

Re: MAGA rioters storm the Senate

Post by Draco Dracul »

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:25 pm Again, thought I was done but you guys are once again making me afraid for my family's lives.
The right fucking murdered a cop in cold fucling blood while trying to start a civil wat and you're still worried about the left.
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

Draco Dracul wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:35 am Considering both the shit show we saw at the Capitol as compared to what we've seen at BLM protests and the fact that 84% of cops are Trump supporters, reducing or abolishing the police wod make a right wing revolution harder not easier. Also, while the police don't make laws, the have an insane amount of leeway in enforcing.
If the cops are all evil Trump supporters, why did they shoot that unarmed woman? Why did they fail to act in all those cities where Antifa and BLM ran while, destroying millions in property, as well as beating and killing people in the streets? Why then did they only arrest the few people who actually defended themselves, or tried to? When BLM protested at the White House this June, and everyone laughed about Trump being taken to the bunker for protection, were the cops shooting BLM then? Were there mass arrests I didn't hear about? So far the only police action I've heard about against any of this was when they cleared out CHAZ.
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

Draco Dracul wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:40 am
Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:25 pm Again, thought I was done but you guys are once again making me afraid for my family's lives.
The right fucking murdered a cop in cold fucling blood while trying to start a civil wat and you're still worried about the left.
The left are the only ones acting like Nazis.
-TR
Draco Dracul
Captain

Post by Draco Dracul »

Admiral X wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:02 am
Draco Dracul wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:40 am
The left are the only ones acting like Nazis.
He says two days after a failed right wing coup d'etat where in they bashed a cop's head in with a fire extinguisher.
Admiral X wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:02 am
Draco Dracul wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:35 am Considering both the shit show we saw at the Capitol as compared to what we've seen at BLM protests and the fact that 84% of cops are Trump supporters, reducing or abolishing the police wod make a right wing revolution harder not easier. Also, while the police don't make laws, the have an insane amount of leeway in enforcing.
If the cops are all evil Trump supporters, why did they shoot that unarmed woman? Why did they fail to act in all those cities where Antifa and BLM ran while, destroying millions in property, as well as beating and killing people in the streets? Why then did they only arrest the few people who actually defended themselves, or tried to? When BLM protested at the White House this June, and everyone laughed about Trump being taken to the bunker for protection, were the cops shooting BLM then? Were there mass arrests I didn't hear about? So far the only police action I've heard about against any of this was when they cleared out CHAZ.
She was part of an armed insurrection that among other things was aiming to murder the Vice President of the United States. They were launching so much tear gas and firing so many rubber bullets ate BLM that many cities were worried about running out of supplies of both, and they often deliberately escalated with express purpose of turning protests into riots. They arrested thousands and thousands of protestors during the BLM protests often arresting more people in single days that were on public property than have been arrested for people that broke into the capitol building to try and force congress to name Donald Trump president. Between May 30th and June 2nd over 400 people were arrested in DC, less than one hundred of the people that attacked the capitol have been arrested https://www.forbes.com/sites/roberthart ... 7565dd5706.
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

I'll never get over the disconnect and lack of self-awareness. :lol: Whatever else you might say about those people who got into the capitol building, the most any of them were armed with were billy clubs, and most of them were just completely unarmed, including her. So a police officer shot an unarmed woman, no matter how you want to slice it.

I honestly think the reason leftists are losing their shit over this is because these mostly peaceful protesters :lol: identified the source of their problem (the government) and actually went after them instead of raiding and destroying businesses. It's hilarious to see people who have all along had nothing but hatred for this country and its government suddenly turn around and pretend to be patriotic and throw words like "seditious" and "insurrection." Incidentally, I also give props to the people who went after the precinct that the cop who killed George Floyd belonged to. It honestly tickles me to see Americans bully their bullies back.

How many of those people are still locked up, incidentally? I heard the NYPD in particular were running a kind of "catch and release program." ;)

And yes, the Democrats have been acting more and more like Nazis, going back years, and this year it's really kicked off. They're the ones arresting people for petty shit, they're the ones silencing voices, they're the ones sending police after people. They're the ones creating new laws out of thin air. They're the ones ignoring the state and federal constitutions. People claimed Trump was a fascist and a threat to the freedom of press, but he never shut any media outlets down. On the other hand, leftists have done their best to shut conservative media down. Republicans are hardly pure as the wind-driven snow, but the Democrats are giving them a real run for their money when it comes to abuse of power.
-TR
Draco Dracul
Captain

Post by Draco Dracul »

Because nothing says peaceful protest like an assault on a nations capitol with the intent of overturning an election, had people explicitly looking to murder elected officials (including Mike Pence) and involved the actual murder of a police officer. It should be noted that as many active duty cops have died in this one event as died in all the BLM protests of last year. I will also admit, despite becoming more and more left wing as time goes on I have a very strong patriotic streak, so I have very, very little ability to mourn the death of Ashi Babbit as she died betraying her country and dishonoring the the USAF.

Additionally the ones that are doing the silencing of conservative voices right now are the same big businesses media moguls that egged on Trump for years because it got ratings.

Also how are the democrats ignoring the constitution?
Last edited by Draco Dracul on Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

Where'd I say it was peaceful? Are you conflating being unarmed with being peaceful? Still doesn't change the fact a cop shot an unarmed woman, though. Especially if you're part of the crowd that calls anything remotely bad ever happening to a woman an example of misogyny, and/or that tries to claim real men don't need guns and things of that nature. ;)

Egged Trump on? Bahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha! :lol: They've been dogging him and claiming he was a fascist since he decided to run on the Republican ticket. Then, once they recognized that they were actually helping him by showing how crazy they were (basically proving his talking points as far as his audience was concerned), they've been doing everything they can to censor him ever since. I bet someone was waiting quite a long time to hit him with the ban hammer on Twitter and Facebook.

How are Democrats ignoring the Constitution and state constitutions? Let me count the ways: election laws, procedure for granting emergency powers to governors, judicial oversight, legislative oversight, freedom of speech (declaring freedom of speech to be "non-essential" as well as current plans to introduce hate speech laws), freedom of association, freedom of press, freedom of worship, freedom to peaceably assemble (I'm speaking of earlier attempts to stop the anti-lockdown protests), right to keep and bear arms/defense (been attacking this one for a long time), mass surveillance, red flag laws, property rights, freedom of movement, redress of government, and redress of grievances between states - just off the top of my head.
-TR
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Like I said before, and like the twitter thread said, he doesn't really believe what he's saying, he just likes the cover it gives him. It's all bad faith.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

I often wonder if that's the case with regressive leftists, too, or if they really do believe all the crazy things they say.
-TR
Draco Dracul
Captain

Post by Draco Dracul »

Admiral X wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:46 am Where'd I say it was peaceful? Are you conflating being unarmed with being peaceful? Still doesn't change the fact a cop shot an unarmed woman, though. Especially if you're part of the crowd that calls anything remotely bad ever happening to a woman an example of misogyny, and/or that tries to claim real men don't need guns and things of that nature. ;)
You literally said mostly peaceful in your post. You also have an absolutely terrible read on me as I'm a very pro-gun leftist.
Egged Trump on? Bahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha! :lol: They've been dogging him and claiming he was a fascist since he decided to run on the Republican ticket. Then, once they recognized that they were actually helping him by showing how crazy they were (basically proving his talking points as far as his audience was concerned), they've been doing everything they can to censor him ever since. I bet someone was waiting quite a long time to hit him with the ban hammer on Twitter and Facebook.
The media basically handed Trump the republican primary by handing him 2 billion dollars worth of free advertising, Twitter let him violate their terms of service freely for years, and Facebook let him buy ads for half the price of Biden.
How are Democrats ignoring the Constitution and state constitutions? Let me count the ways: election laws, procedure for granting emergency powers to governors, judicial oversight, legislative oversight, freedom of speech (declaring freedom of speech to be "non-essential" as well as current plans to introduce hate speech laws), freedom of association, freedom of press, freedom of worship, freedom to peaceably assemble (I'm speaking of earlier attempts to stop the anti-lockdown protests), right to keep and bear arms/defense (been attacking this one for a long time), mass surveillance, red flag laws, property rights, freedom of movement, redress of government, and redress of grievances between states - just off the top of my head.
Are you actually going to explain any of those or are you just planning to Gish gallop? For a specific one how have they been violating the Constitution on election laws.