MAGA rioters storm the Senate

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Admiral X
Captain

Re: MAGA rioters storm the Senate

Post by Admiral X »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:25 pm Admiral tell me when the left invade government property then you won't be a hypocrite.
Hey, remember that police precinct back in May? How about that attack on that courthouse y'all cried about the Border Patrol showing up to defend? And why are you completely overlooking all the theft, destruction, and killing and injury of people who had nothing at all to do with any kind of police brutality or systemic racism?
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:30 pm I can't stress this enough the LEFT did not invade the capital building, please don't try to get off topic because you bet on the wrong horse.
And I can't stress enough that they DID loot and destroy the property of people who had nothing to do with any alleged grievances they had, causing billions in damage, as well as beat and murder people in the street.

As for me, the horse I bet on didn't have any sexual assault allegations against them, and actually wanted to do something about holding police accountable when they overstep. Naturally, she wasn't even allowed to debate the two old white men - she might've made them look bad. ;)
-TR
CmdrKing
Captain

Post by CmdrKing »

Admiral X wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:08 pm Party line drivel
Look at the court records, not the bullshit these con artists say when there's not a consequence for lying.

Observers were allowed... but they had to stand six feet back, because *it is illegal to stand any closer*, one of many measures states adopted to end the high-flying political corruption of the late 19th century. The Trump campaign alleged they didn't have their own people, as distinct from the republican party, hovering over the counters and thought that was cheating. Instead of being an anti-cheating measure, which it was. This incidentally lead to the inimitable line "There was a non-zero number of people in the room".

Similarly, the Pennsylvania legislature approved the changes to the mail in procedure months in advance and tried to do take-backsies... *after voting had started*. Judges told them to set aside the votes from the disputed portion and count them separately, which was done. Then the Trump campaign sued to get... this exact thing done, which was granted.
It was their only court victory.

The take-backsies approach to electoral changes through the legislature happened a few other places. Those were much more rock solid and judges rightly told them to fuck off with that shit.

PS: in a world with genuine, unironic Maoists and Stalinists, even in the US, that anyone would call the Democrats authoritarian leftists is purely a measure of how myopic the American right wing is. But then, that does include 'Libertarians' who are convinced that hierarchies and authority are excellent, desirable things so long as they aren't governmental.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Post by Dragon Ball Fan »

Draco Dracul wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:40 am
Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:25 pm Again, thought I was done but you guys are once again making me afraid for my family's lives.
The right fucking murdered a cop in cold fucling blood while trying to start a civil wat and you're still worried about the left.
And that's terrible but BLM protestors still have those shouting death threats at cops and seems, always will.
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

CmdrKing wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:52 pm Look at the court records, not the bullshit these con artists say when there's not a consequence for lying.
I am. I'm also going by videos that are available.
Observers were allowed... but they had to stand six feet back, because *it is illegal to stand any closer*, one of many measures states adopted to end the high-flying political corruption of the late 19th century.
That isn't what the video evidence shows, particularly in Detroit where not only were they forced outside, but there were people holding up signs and such to block the windows. And, of course, there's what as seen in Georgia.
Similarly, the Pennsylvania legislature approved the changes to the mail in procedure months in advance and tried to do take-backsies... *after voting had started*.
That is completely inaccurate and is a matter of record.
PS: in a world with genuine, unironic Maoists and Stalinists, even in the US, that anyone would call the Democrats authoritarian leftists is purely a measure of how myopic the American right wing is.
Not really. They haven't started throwing people in gulags yet, but they're certainly working on it. They already have un-personing down, and I see some of them are already putting revenge lists together. The flip side of that is that people have constantly been calling the President and Republicans, and even Libertarians fascists, yet you don't see the gestapo throwing anyone into the FEMA death camps, and the best example anyone can think of to support the accusation is a continuation of a program started by President Obama. Of course, you do see Democrats declaring free speech to be "non-essential," telling police to stop people and ask to see papers in order to "justify" their travel, having people out completely on their own, minding their own business into jail, forcing businesses to close, prosecuting people for defending their lives and/or property, and doing everything they can to undermine a free and fair election, which includes intimidation of witnesses and issuing threats. They were also inciting violence over the summer, and have yet to see any consequences for that either.
But then, that does include 'Libertarians' who are convinced that hierarchies and authority are excellent, desirable things so long as they aren't governmental.
:lol: You apparently don't understand libertarians very much then. It's kind of like the people accusing libertarians of being exactly the opposite of what their political ideology is by accusing them of being fascist. Right now, Big Tech has more power than a sitting President of the United States. Let that sink in. Also notice who's cheering it on, and has been cheering this kind of censorship on all along. Pretty obvious that it isn't the libertarians who are "convinced that hierarchies and authority are excellent, desirable things so long as they aren't governmental." Leftists are the ones who are into that, because it's given them a way to claim peoples' rights aren't being violated, because "private business," yet, according to the same people, it's illegal for a private business to decline baking a cake for a wedding they don't approve of.
-TR
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

It's funny that I find myself drawn into a political discussion here again when I only really came back to try to discuss Star Trek and Star Wars. :roll:
-TR
Draco Dracul
Captain

Post by Draco Dracul »

Admiral X wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:26 pm
Draco Dracul wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:09 pm So we have one group of people that protested decades of police brutality and systemic racism, and another group of people that set up a gallows, stormed the Capitol Building, and chanted "Hang Mike Pence" and it's the former group that are brownshirts?
And yet another example of how you ignore wrongdoing on the part of your tribe while trying to highlight the wrongdoing of another.
The funny thing is that not only are you trying to equate the attempted murder of potentially hundreds of elected officials with vandalism and looting, we have significant evidence that much of the vandalism and looting during the BLM protests was instigated by right wing agitators.
The funny thing about Trump and the media is that they spent the better part of the last 5 years treating him with kid's gloves,

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni7H6RqtN8A[/youtube]
You can't be serious.
I am very serious.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Post by Dragon Ball Fan »

Draco Dracul wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:30 pm
Draco Dracul wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:09 pm So we have one group of people that protested decades of police brutality and systemic racism, and another group of people that set up a gallows, stormed the Capitol Building, and chanted "Hang Mike Pence" and it's the former group that are brownshirts?
And yet another example of how you ignore wrongdoing on the part of your tribe while trying to highlight the wrongdoing of another.
The funny thing is that not only are you trying to equate the attempted murder of potentially hundreds of elected officials with vandalism and looting, we have significant evidence that much of the vandalism and looting during the BLM protests was instigated by right wing agitators.
The funny thing about Trump and the media is that they spent the better part of the last 5 years treating him with kid's gloves,

You can't be serious.
I am very serious.
Why do you pretend protestors who made death threats to my family, on the virtue of them being directed at any and all police officers, don't exist?
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:45 pm
Draco Dracul wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:30 pm

You can't be serious.
I am very serious.
Why do you pretend protestors who made death threats to my family, on the virtue of them being directed at any and all police officers, don't exist?
Because this conversation isn't about you or your family.
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

Draco Dracul wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:30 pm The funny thing is that not only are you trying to equate the attempted murder of potentially hundreds of elected officials with vandalism and looting, we have significant evidence that much of the vandalism and looting during the BLM protests was instigated by right wing agitators.
No, the real funny thing is after the backlash was apparently more than what they expected, the excuses went from "they have insurance"/"riots are the language of the oppressed" to "it was right-wingers pretending to be antifa that instigated it." The REAL funny thing is how identity politics actually overlaps quite a bit with white supremacists' worldview. It's also funny how you're ignoring all the beatings and murders that occurred over the summer for a cause you keep playing up.
I am very serious.
Then you really are delusional, and there's really nothing for it. You're that kind of person that KGB defector was talking about, where you could be shown authentic information, and still refuse to accept it.
-TR