MAGA rioters storm the Senate

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Re: MAGA rioters storm the Senate

Post by Dragon Ball Fan »

Again, I hate this too but my the only reason I still bring up the left is because their habit of just dismissing murderers from their side as just being outliers and not doing anything to stop it from happening again makes it easier for those outliers to become more and more the norm, until, something like this happens from the left.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:01 pm Again, I hate this too but my the only reason I still bring up the left is because their habit of just dismissing murderers from their side as just being outliers and not doing anything to stop it from happening again makes it easier for those outliers to become more and more the norm, until, something like this happens from the left.
That's kind of their problem and not ours though. Nobody else on the left is really supposed to answer for them. Shit that's how the right operates as well.

If you believe it is such a problem, then the rational course is to argue against the people causing the problem, and not make up a hierarchy of blame by your own personal moral account that's rather secular.

Again, I'm personally supportive of your pacifism and passivism, but I also believe you hold a somewhat unfair view and expectation of Black Lives Matter.
..What mirror universe?
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:10 pm
Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:01 pm Again, I hate this too but my the only reason I still bring up the left is because their habit of just dismissing murderers from their side as just being outliers and not doing anything to stop it from happening again makes it easier for those outliers to become more and more the norm, until, something like this happens from the left.
That's kind of their problem and not ours though. Nobody else on the left is really supposed to answer for them. Shit that's how the right operates as well.

If you believe it is such a problem, then the rational course is to argue against the people causing the problem, and not make up a hierarchy of blame by your own personal moral account that's rather secular.

Again, I'm personally supportive of your pacifism and passivism, but I also believe you hold a somewhat unfair view and expectation of Black Lives Matter.
As I said in my thread expressing how this whole thing has caused me mental issues, I want to support the left more then I do but their current narrative not only denegrated my family but has actually made them unsafe.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:28 pm

As I said in my thread expressing how this whole thing has caused me mental issues, I want to support the left more then I do but their current narrative not only denegrated my family but has actually made them unsafe.
And I just literally acknowledged that.
..What mirror universe?
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:35 pm

Yeah, sorry.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:40 pm
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:35 pm

Yeah, sorry.
As well am I.
..What mirror universe?
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

And one more clarification, I do fear for cops lives because of right extremists now, too but that doesn't make me stop worrying about left wing cop killers.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

But also, the problem is that the problem seems to be the left in general ignoring their extremists, not any particular individuals.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:06 am

But also, the problem is that the problem seems to be the left in general ignoring their extremists, not any particular individuals.
It's not "their" extremists. Leftist youtubers aren't enabling black nationalist extremists. This kind of thing has been a social force since before the civil rights era and doesn't define black rights, much less "the left."

You're grossly misrepresenting or misunderstanding the organizational structure of the left and/or black civil rights movement.
..What mirror universe?
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:12 am
Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:06 am

It's not "their" extremists. Leftist youtubers aren't enabling black nationalist extremists. This kind of thing has been a social force since before the civil rights era and doesn't define black rights, much less "the left."

You're grossly misrepresenting or misunderstanding the organizational structure of the left and/or black civil rights movement.
I guess but I still say it's the rhetoric that is emboldening those black nationalists.