MAGA rioters storm the Senate

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Re: MAGA rioters storm the Senate

Post by Thebestoftherest »

True
Draco Dracul
Captain

Post by Draco Dracul »

Captain Crimson wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:20 am
Thebestoftherest wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:12 am I think making sure he doesn't have a platform is a good step. I think he needs to be lock up at the very least, or have him have every last access frozen see how loyal those dogs are when their false messiah has no real power left.
My friend, that won't work. He's rich enough he could start his own cable news network, and if they take away his twitter, he'll do just that. Mr. Limbaugh on steroids. And I hold no hope to a second impeachment. I think the GOP is just doing this for good press. But nothing more.
He is in fact not. The cost of operating a network of any real size would requiring him to go almost all in with even the high end of his claimed wealth, and most indications are that his heavily in debt and pretty every bank in the planet, including the super sketchy Duechbank has cut him off.
Captain Crimson
Captain

Post by Captain Crimson »

You're writing him off too quickly, and just hoping impeachment or criminal charges work, and they won't. This is short-term solutioning to try and address a long-term problem.
Last edited by Captain Crimson on Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

You might be right
Captain Crimson
Captain

It's like plugging up your sinkhole hoping the bugs go away, without realizing you need to clean the actual mess in the house that's drawing them there.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

your right
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Recent news, apparently every single panic button in Pressley's office was torn out.

This was planned well, well in advance. There was inside help, and not just the Capitol police opening the door for them or 45 keeping the national guard out.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Draco Dracul
Captain

Post by Draco Dracul »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:57 am Recent news, apparently every single panic button in Pressley's office was torn out.

This was planned well, well in advance. There was inside help, and not just the Capitol police opening the door for them or 45 keeping the national guard out.
Jamaal Bowman has confirmed the same about his office.
Captain Crimson
Captain

Well, I support the impeachment and investigation. If the GOP won't disavow Mr. Trump even when sufficient evidence mounts he or his cohorts likely had involvement, then it's just going to prove them as the spineless cowards the left and democrats claim.

What do you wanna bet this ends with Mr. Trump fleeing to Russia to try to be buddy-buddy with Mr. Putin? He does hold a lot of potentially compromising information I'm sure Mr. Putin would love to get his hands on, perhaps similar to Mr. Snowden.
Rocketboy1313
Captain

Post by Rocketboy1313 »

Captain Crimson wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:33 am Well, I support the impeachment and investigation. If the GOP won't disavow Mr. Trump even when sufficient evidence mounts he or his cohorts likely had involvement, then it's just going to prove them as the spineless cowards the left and democrats claim.

What do you wanna bet this ends with Mr. Trump fleeing to Russia to try to be buddy-buddy with Mr. Putin? He does hold a lot of potentially compromising information I'm sure Mr. Putin would love to get his hands on, perhaps similar to Mr. Snowden.
Back when I thought Russia was going to be more of a thing I wrote up a little joke idea in my blog about Trump fleeing to Russia while on golf holiday.
https://rocketboy1313.blogspot.com/2017 ... -idea.html
My Blog: http://rocketboy1313.blogspot.com/
My Twitter: https://twitter.com/Rocketboy1313
My Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/rocketboy1313
My Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/13rocketboy13