Trump Departs Washington

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Draco Dracul
Captain

Re: Trump Departs Washington

Post by Draco Dracul »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:07 pm Think about it when an actually disaster happen Trump had no idea what to do, other than pretend it would just go away on it own is probably what cost him the election. If the next despot know how to deal with something like that even a little he could win.
Right but his stupidity and unabashed racism where the things that got him elected in the first place. Had Trump been a little smarter and a knew when the keep his mouth shut, there is a good chance he'd have never been president at all.
Captain Crimson
Captain

Post by Captain Crimson »

Mr. Bush did far more long-term damage in just shattering and killing 1990s culture, as I understand it. The sense of optimism and change was spit on, its corpse left in a narrow ditch. I don't like living in the world I do. If I could just go back to 1980 and grow up there, I would. I mean, the leftists seem terrified and furious over the long-term symbolic damage here, but I feel this was already on the way, Mr. Trump just accelerated it. So who cares if the symbolic damage came earlier than later?

Mr. Bush left us with two pointless and rudderless wars over his daddy issues, terrorist attacks used as political fodder to make us into a police state, and complete economic destruction. He's a far worse leader than Mr. Trump is. Some people say Mr. Bush should be in prison, and reading what our troops did over in the middle east to civilians, I can't blame them. He should. But we don't got that, and it's why you shouldn't pin hopes on Mr. Trump being brought down either. The elites don't fall easy, especially today.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Captain Crimson wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:22 pm Mr. Bush did far more long-term damage in just shattering and killing 1990s culture, as I understand it. The sense of optimism and change was spit on, its corpse left in a narrow ditch. I don't like living in the world I do. If I could just go back to 1980 and grow up there, I would. I mean, the leftists seem terrified and furious over the long-term symbolic damage here, but I feel this was already on the way, Mr. Trump just accelerated it. So who cares if the symbolic damage came earlier than later?

Mr. Bush left us with two pointless and rudderless wars over his daddy issues, terrorist attacks used as political fodder to make us into a police state, and complete economic destruction. He's a far worse leader than Mr. Trump is. Some people say Mr. Bush should be in prison, and reading what our troops did over in the middle east to civilians, I can't blame them. He should. But we don't got that, and it's why you shouldn't pin hopes on Mr. Trump being brought down either. The elites don't fall easy, especially today.
I don't think its fair to blame Bush Jr for the 2008 economic crash. The banks were out of control long before he came to power.
phantom000
Captain

Post by phantom000 »

Say what you will about Bush or Obama at least they could act like a president! It's like Trump's election and his presidency was just one big publicity stunt that just got out of hand.

He would post angry rants on Twitter, make all kinds of statements apparently not even aware of what he was saying. He said he supported the idea of being president for life, then laughed it off like a joke. He said he would sign an executive order banning people from voting for Biden.

And this is the guy people wanted in the White House?
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Agree he was a horrible choice and reminds us business men are the only people less trustworthy than politicians.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

phantom000 wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:16 pm Say what you will about Bush or Obama at least they could act like a president! It's like Trump's election and his presidency was just one big publicity stunt that just got out of hand.

He would post angry rants on Twitter, make all kinds of statements apparently not even aware of what he was saying. He said he supported the idea of being president for life, then laughed it off like a joke. He said he would sign an executive order banning people from voting for Biden.

A sizeable portion of the US populace is entirely fed up with the political system. Not that I agree with the "hows" or "where tos", but voting for him was quite the logical choice for a people who feel that they are left behind by the establishment (and not realizing their actual political power as a collective, which is quite ironic, but hey, who am I to point out to: FUCKING VOTE FOR A THIRD PARTY ALREADY).
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Yes but what thrid could possibly rival our current 2.
phantom000
Captain

Post by phantom000 »

Madner Kami wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:53 pm
phantom000 wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:16 pm Say what you will about Bush or Obama at least they could act like a president! It's like Trump's election and his presidency was just one big publicity stunt that just got out of hand.

A sizeable portion of the US populace is entirely fed up with the political system. Not that I agree with the "hows" or "where tos", but voting for him was quite the logical choice for a people who feel that they are left behind by the establishment (and not realizing their actual political power as a collective, which is quite ironic, but hey, who am I to point out to: FUCKING VOTE FOR A THIRD PARTY ALREADY).
Here is the problem with voting 3rd party in this system.

https://youtu.be/s7tWHJfhiyo?t=300
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

Madner Kami wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:53 pm voting for him was quite the logical choice for a people who feel that they are left behind by the establishment (and not realizing their actual political power as a collective, which is quite ironic, but hey, who am I to point out to: FUCKING VOTE FOR A THIRD PARTY ALREADY).
Let's be honest; all the third parties in the US are a joke. The Libertarians want to abolish public school and Gary Johnson could not name Kim Jong-Un when pressed. The Green party is in favor of reparations for African Americans and cutting all aid to Israel. These parties won 3.2% and 1% of the popular vote in 2016, respectively. Here's a graph of the american electorate in 2016:
Link
There are other voters all over the place, but seem to be strongest in the Economic-Conservative Social-Liberal quadrant. This is where I'd place the Libertarian party, which would explain why they seem to have a persistent small percentage of the vote. The Green Party seems like it fits best in the Social/Economic Liberal quadrant, which explains why they do better when the left gets disillusioned with the Democrats. The middle section that the Democrats and Republicans seem to fight over are the social-conservatives/economic-liberals, and quite frankly there is no party that seems to focus on that specific demographic.
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
Thebestoftherest
Captain

I don't know if this is off topic but Trump lost another lawyer due to the D@M* election fraud conspiracy.