Poll - Worst Star Trek series

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.

Which do you think is the worst Star Trek television series

The Original Series
No votes
The Animated Series
4%
The Next Generation
No votes
Deep Space Nine
4%
Voyager
7%
Enterprise
26%
Discovery
26%
Lower Decks
7%
Picard
26%

Total votes: 27

clearspira
Overlord

Re: Poll - Worst Star Trek series

Post by clearspira »

Makeshift Python wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:48 pm
clearspira wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:02 pm I think that vote for DS9 is probably a troll. Hey, who am I to say what you dislike, but I have never seen a single negative argument of DS9 that doesn't apply worse to a later show.
There were fans in 1993 that thought that a Star Trek show with a space station setting was horrible, and if there are fans that still believe that in 2021 then it's pretty understandable why they'd still rank it on the very bottom.
Yeah, thats true.
tyrteg
Officer

Post by tyrteg »

I'll say it was a tough choice but Picard wins on the basis of not only being a terrible show but also wrecking a cultural icon - for many "The Paragon of reasoned yet compassionate argument" and turning him into a bitter old man angry at Starfleet.
Makeshift Python
Captain

Post by Makeshift Python »

tyrteg wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:35 am turning him into a bitter old man angry at Starfleet.
Given how Starfleet was becoming during that period, I can't blame him for being upset. I'd love to see his reaction when they sanctioned the genocide of the Founders.
Nealithi
Captain

Post by Nealithi »

Couple thoughts.
Having not seen three of these shows. (Discovery, Lower Decks, Picard) I considered not voting since I would not be legitimate in low esteem. Then thought a bit more. If (When pandemic is over) I find a blu-ray set for Discovery and Lower Decks I will watch them. As while I have heard bad things. I have also heard good things for the shows and they still have some interest. Picard when it was an announcement had my attention. Upon hearing what they did in the show I am content to never watch it. So since I will watch all the others even with some reluctance. It must be my worst,

As to DS9 as a worst. Both of my parents hate DS9. They think it took all that was dark and made it darker, then made the Federation dark and brooding as well. . . I would simply accept this but my father won't even give B5 a chance because he can't get past Londo's hair. But they do have reasons to not prefer it. They also might put Enterprise near the top of the list as my father likes watching T'pol. . .
technobabbler
Officer

Post by technobabbler »

voting DS9 as the worst is not insane.

as (for arguments' sake ) to paraphrase Rich Evans, I want to live in the TOS or TNG universe, I don't want to live in the DS9 universe: space WWIII, Section 31, Earth carpet bombed by the Breen, millions of Federation dead, near successful coup, going through the wormhole and setting up Bajoran colonies despite pretty clear warning (arguably) provoked the Changelings
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

technobabbler wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:48 pm voting DS9 as the worst is not insane.

as (for arguments' sake ) to paraphrase Rich Evans, I want to live in the TOS or TNG universe, I don't want to live in the DS9 universe: space WWIII, Section 31, Earth carpet bombed by the Breen, millions of Federation dead, near successful coup, going through the wormhole and setting up Bajoran colonies despite pretty clear warning (arguably) provoked the Changelings
I do get that. But by that logic, would you rather live in the DS9 universe or the Picard universe?
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Isn't that irrelevant since they are all the same universe.
technobabbler
Officer

Post by technobabbler »

clearspira wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:50 pm
technobabbler wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:48 pm voting DS9 as the worst is not insane.

I do get that. But by that logic, would you rather live in the DS9 universe or the Picard universe?
I'd take my chances being a NPC in the Picard time period.

Galaxy -class ships were blowing up like TIE fighters in DS9., lol.

another thing to nitpick about DS9, space combat beween capital ships played out more like WWII dogfights than what we saw in TOS or TNG
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Although I think that Voyager would be the worst since the only reason that ship wasn't blown up 12 times over was because of bad writing.
Beelzquill
Officer

Post by Beelzquill »

Interesting that "I would rather not live in this show" is why someone would pick it as the worst show. Not criticizing or anything, I just mean, as Warhammer 40,000 fan I've never wanted to live in my favorite fictional universe.