(Voy): Nemesis

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Robovski
Captain

Re: (Voy): Nemesis

Post by Robovski »

Completely forgettable episode that I too thought had recycled Nausicans and gimmicky dialogue.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Did anyone else confuse this with the Memorial-episode, where they stumble upon a memorial that beams the experience of a warcrime into their minds?
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
J!!
Captain

Post by J!! »

yeah, i'm wondering if these assholes might not be the ones who built that damn thing
bronnt
Officer

Post by bronnt »

J!! wrote:yeah, i'm wondering if these assholes might not be the ones who built that damn thing
From a production standpoint I think they reused the scenery. I don't know what's a set and what's a location-maybe everything is a set, I don't know-but the visuals are very similar.
The Romulan Republic
Captain

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Madner Kami wrote:Did anyone else confuse this with the Memorial-episode, where they stumble upon a memorial that beams the experience of a warcrime into their minds?
Ah, yes. Perhaps the only time in the multiverse where a war memorial constituted a suitable target for orbital bombardment. :)
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

Since they managed to make Tuvok look like a Predator, I wondered if they might not have made themselves look like whatever random alien they Shanghaied to better get them to "bond" with their people, and so they actually look different in reality.
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

An episode with a decent point to make, with everything done badly enough to render it meaningless. Dehumanizing (you know what I mean) the enemy is often done in war, and it makes it easier to kill those people. But usually not by a variety of mind-control methods that include psychotropiwhosises. Though I did like that Chakotay couldn't easily let got of that hatred.
I actually liked the language issues, but it should have been mentioned by Chakotay ("The universal translators seem to have a bit of trouble with your language.")
PerrySimm
Captain

Post by PerrySimm »

Capt Dunsel wrote:I cogitate that never did i gandertake this install, but as equitably healthy, it is handicapable seeming.
Besides, Nemesis is planet forbidden.
I have heard of a Ship of Theseus, but do you captain a Ship of Thesaurus?
Madner Kami wrote:Did anyone else confuse this with the Memorial-episode, where they stumble upon a memorial that beams the experience of a warcrime into their minds?
Yes, I think I've gotten them confused with each other too. Voyager, fond on rehashing itself when it wasn't busy rehashing TNG. The odd thing is that I thought "Memorial" was older, but no, "Nemesis" was first. DS9's "Whispers" was out way ahead of this, though.
UGxlYXNlIHByb3ZpZGUgeW91ciBjaGFsbGVuZ2UgcmVzcG9uc2UgZm9yIFJFRCA5NC4K
The Romulan Republic
Captain

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Deleted for being in the wrong thread.
J!!
Captain

Post by J!! »

The Romulan Republic wrote:
Ah, yes. Perhaps the only time in the multiverse where a war memorial constituted a suitable target for orbital bombardment. :)
and then build a memorial to all the victims of the previous memorial.