Apparently, not everybody hates Neelix

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
BBally81
Officer

Apparently, not everybody hates Neelix

Post by BBally81 »

Most of us are aware how unpopular Neelix from Voyager is among Star Trek fans however it seems even he has his fans.

youtu.be/DC-i_oSHSCo
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Re: Apparently, not everybody hates Neelix

Post by Thebestoftherest »

That is weird.
Makeshift Python
Captain

Post by Makeshift Python »

I'm more mixed on Neelix. Plenty of moments where he is, as Chuck calls it, a shithead. But he does have endearing qualities as the video points out that I can't totally dismiss him the way I would with Jar Jar Binks, who could have worked if he was tempered the way Neelix was.

Video also makes another excellent point about how the Doctor became the central comedic figure as the show grew, which is partly why I like him much more in the earlier part of the show. In the first season he's sarcastic and dry as hell, but by the 5th season they made the character come off a bit more "chipper" that I felt was grating. I just liked the Doc when he was more of an asshole with the worst bedside manner.
Mabus
Captain

Post by Mabus »

There will always be some people who like characters that most don't. This isn't new.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

That is a terrible avatar she is using. I mean what even is that? The spawn of Captain Janeway and an elf wearing a Halloween thrift store Sherlock Holmes hat?
technobabbler
Officer

Post by technobabbler »

On youtube you can find any opinion. (except pro 1940's Germany).

So meh, whether this Neelix love is genuine or clickbait, it's just another viewer with an opinion. live and let opine.

that said....given all the 1-dimensional characters that fills pop culture right now, Neelix looks like the work of a genius.

Neelix actually had a (tiny) character arc.

though I love Chuck's observation that good chance that Neelix flew into that Bord superhub to find Voyager and then got assimilated
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

technobabbler wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:46 pm though I love Chuck's observation that good chance that Neelix flew into that Bord superhub to find Voyager and then got assimilated
I assumed they would just blow him up.
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
Makeshift Python
Captain

Post by Makeshift Python »

clearspira wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:23 pm That is a terrible avatar she is using. I mean what even is that? The spawn of Captain Janeway and an elf wearing a Halloween thrift store Sherlock Holmes hat?
You really get upset at the weirdest things. :lol:
HumanXeroxMachine
Redshirt

Post by HumanXeroxMachine »

Neelix is better than Burnham.
CrypticMirror
Captain

Post by CrypticMirror »

HumanXeroxMachine wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:59 am Neelix is better than Burnham.
There is a low bar to clear.