Sfdebris fallout 3

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Beastro
Captain

Re: Sfdebris fallout 3

Post by Beastro »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:33 pm They shouldn't there was no reason other than pure greed yo release it broken.
Bethesda has always released broken games. There have always been issues going as far back as Daggerfall, the issue was what was good made up for that. The issue with Morrowind was the fanbase motto "The modders will fix it" became Bethesda's as well. They increasingly became lazy, and then contemptuous, of their audience and expected the hoi polloi to each the shit sandwich and love it, why wouldn't they when they accepted everything else before that.
Beastro
Captain

Post by Beastro »

Independent George wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:48 pm I can think of twological reasons why the East coast would end up so much worse than the West: (1) more bombs were dropped there in order to target the government/military infrastructure, and (2) it's much more densely populated than the rest of the country, so even amongst the survivors, the raider warfare was much more intense and of a greater scale afterwards.
Errrrm, it discounts what was built up in California and Washington State.

Make of them what you will:

clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Its worth noting that the US government in Fallout is not like the real world version. If you ever look at the US flag in-universe - I don't know if thats a real flag or not as I am not American - it has a ring of stars implying less states.
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

clearspira wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:58 am Its worth noting that the US government in Fallout is not like the real world version. If you ever look at the US flag in-universe - I don't know if thats a real flag or not as I am not American - it has a ring of stars implying less states.
If I recall, the fluff was that in 1969 the states were merged into 13 commonwealths. Why? I dunno.
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

Beastro wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:03 am
Independent George wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:48 pm I can think of twological reasons why the East coast would end up so much worse than the West: (1) more bombs were dropped there in order to target the government/military infrastructure, and (2) it's much more densely populated than the rest of the country, so even amongst the survivors, the raider warfare was much more intense and of a greater scale afterwards.
Errrrm, it discounts what was built up in California and Washington State.

Make of them what you will:
Maybe the Chinese were crazy enough to think they could conquer California after the nuclear war, and so bombed it less. Given they occupied Alaska at some point, and all the Chinese ordinance all over the US, that's not exactly implausible
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Spam-desu
Jonathan101
Captain

Post by Jonathan101 »

clearspira wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:58 am Its worth noting that the US government in Fallout is not like the real world version. If you ever look at the US flag in-universe - I don't know if thats a real flag or not as I am not American - it has a ring of stars implying less states.
https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/United_States_flag

It is a variation on the Betsy Ross flag, which was the original flag of the United States. But yes, history in the Fallout-verse diverted in the 1960s from the real world.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Didn't they somehow incorporate canada into the USA in Fallout 1?
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:40 pm Didn't they somehow incorporate canada into the USA in Fallout 1?
No, the US annexed Canada to secure her vast supplies of uranium and petroleum, not to mention moral superiority.
Spam-desu
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

TGLS wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:07 pm
Thebestoftherest wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:40 pm Didn't they somehow incorporate canada into the USA in Fallout 1?
No, the US annexed Canada to secure her vast supplies of uranium and petroleum, not to mention moral superiority.
Yes thank you. I knew they did something with Canada.
Nealithi
Captain

Post by Nealithi »