What do you think Chuck rates Into Darkness?

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
clearspira
Overlord

Re: What do you think Chuck rates Into Darkness?

Post by clearspira »

If Chuck reads this forum I would like to know why he didn't rate it. I am not sure that he does though.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

clearspira wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:43 pm If Chuck reads this forum I would like to know why he didn't rate it. I am not sure that he does though.
Since I've been here I've seen him respond twice. I actually started posting in like November or something btw, not Aug.
..What mirror universe?
Sir Will
Officer

Post by Sir Will »

He responds occasionally. He responded to the RIP Ruby thread the other day. He's a really busy guy though.
RobbyB1982
Captain

Post by RobbyB1982 »

MixedDrops wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:41 am Also, while I would buy that Chuck might actually get Into Darkness a 0, I'm assuming for him it varies depending on what kind of day he's had. After all, when he gave Nemesis a 1/10, that score was already taken by STV and there was a score spot open higher up when he got around to Nemesis. I'm assuming what happened there was that when he first planned on the scores for the movies, he assigned the 1-10 scores with Nemesis higher up for what he called the "pileup for the bottom score", but when he actually got back to watching it he remembered how much he hated it, and decided to stack Nemesis along with STV.
He mentions that the impact the film has is a factor. 5 is a bad movie that makes no sense with established history that nearly killed the franchise, 10 is a bad movie that DID kill the franchise.

I think that being a factor in things it makes Darkness harder to rate. Also a bad movie, but several new tv series and another movie followed it, so... (Though its badness did probably tank the next film, which was the movie we should have had all along)

But since its in the Christmas slot, 0 by default I guess.
MixedDrops
Officer

Post by MixedDrops »

I might be misremembering, but wasn't Trek 09 also the Christmas slot when he first did it? Or was it New Years?
Megabeatman
Redshirt

Post by Megabeatman »

MixedDrops wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:28 pm I might be misremembering, but wasn't Trek 09 also the Christmas slot when he first did it? Or was it New Years?
Trek 09 was reviewed after the 2011 Christmas review, which was TNG’s “Code of Honor.”