Film: The Day After

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Madner Kami
Captain

Re: Film: The Day After

Post by Madner Kami »

SFDebris wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:49 pmWhoa whoa whoa, that isn't what I was suggesting! I was suggesting asking our leaders to work towards international nuclear disarmament, so that one rogue state decides, when its mad ambitions to dominate the world fail, to destroy the world, that they can't. My point in comparing to Russia was because I've seen people saying the Russian people aren't doing enough in their police state nation, when those of us in free societies do nothing because we've disregarded the threat of nuclear weapons.
A misunderstanding then, it seems. My apologies. The issue, that such treaties need all parties to be open to it still remains though. Both Russia and the US seem unwilling to go along with the treaties we had in place (e.g. the US backing out of the deal with Iran and Russia de facto canceling the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces treaty, followed by the US doing the same in 2019 and now Russia de facto having broken the "Founding Act on Mutual Relations, Cooperation and Security" with it's attack on Ukraine). This may change if... when Russia collapses as a result of the current war.
SFDebris wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:49 pmMan, I'm calling for nuclear disarmament, drive an electric car, and look like the Pondering My Orb guy, I didn't think I'd grow up to be a hippie.
I don't feel that is particularly hippie. It strikes me as a decidely human stance and outside of nutjobs, I don't see any sane human being wanting anything different. Well, arguably I prefer the flexible and convinient mobility that my gas-driven car provides over any current or near-future electric car (though if I had the funds I'd totally get an electric motorbike for my daily commuting), but beyond that, I mean.

Also, fanboying hard, because the first reviewer I ever followed noticed me! Wheeeeeeeeeh!
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox