What are your Favorite & Least Favoirte BioWare Games? (Spoilers Allowed

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Winter
Captain

Re: What are your Favorite & Least Favoirte BioWare Games? (Spoilers Allowed

Post by Winter »

I think one reason I like this game more then others, going off the posts so far, is that I bought and played the game on the PS4, (and was in fact the first game on the PS4 I ever played) so I was didn't run into the issues that previous-gen players did. There were one or two bugs and the game did at one point crash on me but other then that it ran pretty smoothly. As for the maps being to big, whenever I get a game I usually speed run through it the first time so I ended up not finishing the maps until after I finished the main campaign so I didn't get the sense of fatigue that a lot of players did on their first play through. I did enough so I could advance the main story and completed my companions personal quests but other then that I stuck to the main story and left the maps outside the main story alone until I needed them.

In subsequent playthroughs I have pretty much gone through all the maps and, maybe because I'm slightly insane, I actually ended up liking how big they were and how much there was to do. Another issue I have with Mass Effect: Andromeda was just how empty the maps were, like you could drive for literally miles from one end of the map to the other and find nothing. While they had very lack luster loot I did like hunting for shards, solving the Astrarium, looking for landmarks and so on. There was just enough collectables and bad guys to kill that I wanted to find more of the map, however, I get why a lot of fans don't like how little plot there is and how lack luster the loot is and I completely except that I am in the minority for those who like how big the maps are.

Had the maps been more like what we got in the Jaws of Hakkon, with each one having its own unique story that was unrelated yet interconnected to the main story with a map that was smaller yet had just as much quests as the other maps it would have made a big difference. And given the issues the last gen consoles had maybe it should have just been sold on current gen consoles as it seems like was only made with the PS4 and Xbox One in mind.

Thank you both for going over your issues and I hope that DA4 is able to avoid the issues you had with DAI while giving us a story that is up to their usual standards. :)