Dragon Age II: EA boogaloo

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Rodan56
Officer

Re: Dragon Age II: EA boogaloo

Post by Rodan56 »

AlucardNoir wrote:
mathewgsmith wrote:You don't actually have to to kill the Dalish. The peaceful conversation path is non-intuitive, but it's there.
The peaceful option is morally bankrupt. I will never blame Merrill for something Marethari did. Marethari did exactly what she didn't want Merrill to do. She was guilty.

For all that Merrill is accused of doing the truth of the matter is that she never allowed a demon to possess her, Marethari on the other hand does. Marethari is a grown ass dale, I will be damned if I blame Merrill for Maretharis hypocrisy and stupidity and I'll be doubly damned if I claim responsibility for Merrill doing the right thing by killing Marethari the pride abomination. The dales attack you if you tell them the truth, they attack you if you try to be diplomatic, the only time they don't attack is when you "claim responsibility" for Merrill. Sorry, but Merrill did nothing wrong, I won't blame her for not getting turned into an abomination and helping me kill one. There is nothing to take responsibility for, the actual irresponsible person ended up being the Keeper of the Dalish and her clan would rather die at our hands then admit their precious Keeper was a hypocrite.
I take it you romanced her. So did I, but we were still cool after it because I basically roleplayed it as I was lying to get out of a fight and then spent most of the time assuring Merrill none of this was her fault.

I'm also going to assume you did not do the horrible douche thing and side with Meredith to kill all the mages for the crimes of one asshole. You seem the practical not-a-douche canoe sort. But seriously, I can't believe people keep trying to defend the Templars AND people like Fenris who thinks his pain and anguish justifies his equal amounts of disgusting bigotry. Seriously, screw him. Your pain does not give you the right to claim other people should be enslaved because you used to be one under folks with similar abilities to your former masters. That's like certain people deciding all followers of a certain religion or race or even orientation can't be trusted because one of their number killed your family.

Sorry, that was building for awhile. Any thoughts on who Chuck is gonna romance then? For me both girls are the only real choice for either gender, because both dudes are assholes in their own special ways.
TheNewTeddy
Officer

Post by TheNewTeddy »

Am I misunderstanding the schedule or was part 2 supposed to come out today?
SFDebris
The Doctor

Post by SFDebris »

TheNewTeddy wrote:Am I misunderstanding the schedule or was part 2 supposed to come out today?
Yes. And no.

That will make more sense before the week is up.
“I can't give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time.”

― Herbert Bayard Swope
TheNewTeddy
Officer

Post by TheNewTeddy »

SFDebris wrote:
TheNewTeddy wrote:Am I misunderstanding the schedule or was part 2 supposed to come out today?
Yes. And no.

Thx for the quick response. Just about to make supper and love watching a vid while I eat; so will pull something from the archives!

This is also the first gaming vid you've done of a game that I've played before you've reviewed it (bought it after enjoying playing DA:O after you reviewed that) so I'm looking forward to that!
Rasp
Officer

Post by Rasp »

SFDebris wrote:
Yes. And no.

oh okay I'd been checking periodically in anticipation.
I am the one who requested Chuck review Kannazuki No Miko. (under an old alias)

I count it among the most despicable things I have ever done to another human being and I'm sorry.

Things I have requested that are not evil:
* Anna's Quest
* Contradiction
* TECHNOBABYLON
AlucardNoir
Officer

Post by AlucardNoir »

Rodan56 wrote: I'm also going to assume you did not do the horrible douche thing and side with Meredith to kill all the mages for the crimes of one asshole. You seem the practical not-a-douche canoe sort.

Sorry, that was building for awhile. Any thoughts on who Chuck is gonna romance then? For me both girls are the only real choice for either gender, because both dudes are assholes in their own special ways.
Yeah, the Templar and ruler of Kirkwall achievements are two achievements I could never get in this game. It's rather surprising, but I was never able to role play the shitty character in this game. I end up being the head of the Dark Brotherhood in Skyrim, I end up doing all sorts of nasty stuff in Mass Effect and yet..., somehow I almost never chose certain things. I guess even I have my limits. From saving the Krogan race from the genophage in... oh, what was it now? Mass Effect 2? to not siding with the homicidal maniac in DAII etc. Some games do succeed into making me choose between two options because both options are viable and in some effects completely shitty. Save the keep or the city in Awakening, put Harrowmont of Bhelen on the throne, light or dark side in KOTOR. But sometimes the game devs ask to much of me. I will not send a good elf under the proverbial cart because her former clan are mad, I will not side with the templars in the genocide of an entire group of people because of the folly of one moron.

As for your second point, well, Anders is a madman that makes us an accomplice in a terrorist act, Fenris is a would be Marvel Punisher, Isabella endangers the whole city and never thinks of informing us or anyone for that matter, Merrill is cavorting with demons, Sebastian is on the war path - and yet he never joins Sister All-Qunari-Must-Die, he at least has that going for him - and Aveline.... marries guardsman DONIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIC!... yeah, I have no idea. Merrill always seemed to be the only choice left, well she and Varick but we can't romance Mr. smut writer, can we Bioware?
If Chuck or a mod reads this feel free do delete my account. I would do it myself but I don't seem to be able to find a delete account option. phpBB should have such an option but I guess this isn't stock phpBB.
Rodan56
Officer

Post by Rodan56 »

AlucardNoir wrote: As for your second point, well, Anders is a madman that makes us an accomplice in a terrorist act, Fenris is a would be Marvel Punisher, Isabella endangers the whole city and never thinks of informing us or anyone for that matter, Merrill is cavorting with demons, Sebastian is on the war path - and yet he never joins Sister All-Qunari-Must-Die, he at least has that going for him - and Aveline.... marries guardsman DONIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIC!... yeah, I have no idea. Merrill always seemed to be the only choice left, well she and Varick but we can't romance Mr. smut writer, can we Bioware?
To be fair to Isabella, if you treat her in a regular fashion that cements her as rival or ally, she will see the error of her ways and come on back to fix the thing she broke, but I understand. I suppose Merrill is only really endangering herself.

Also, it was ME3 where you cured the Genophage.
Winter
Captain

Post by Winter »

AlucardNoir wrote:
mathewgsmith wrote:You don't actually have to to kill the Dalish. The peaceful conversation path is non-intuitive, but it's there.
The peaceful option is morally bankrupt. I will never blame Merrill for something Marethari did. Marethari did exactly what she didn't want Merrill to do. She was guilty.

For all that Merrill is accused of doing the truth of the matter is that she never allowed a demon to possess her, Marethari on the other hand does. Marethari is a grown ass dale, I will be damned if I blame Merrill for Maretharis hypocrisy and stupidity and I'll be doubly damned if I claim responsibility for Merrill doing the right thing by killing Marethari the pride abomination. The dales attack you if you tell them the truth, they attack you if you try to be diplomatic, the only time they don't attack is when you "claim responsibility" for Merrill. Sorry, but Merrill did nothing wrong, I won't blame her for not getting turned into an abomination and helping me kill one. There is nothing to take responsibility for, the actual irresponsible person ended up being the Keeper of the Dalish and her clan would rather die at our hands then admit their precious Keeper was a hypocrite.
A bit off subject but given what we learn in DAI, was the demon always a demon or was it a spirit of wisdom that was corrupted into a Pride Demon by Marethari. If so that means that Merrill could have fixed the mirror and the only thing stopping her was her Keeper's own pride and refusal to see Merrill as a bloody adult.

Not to mention Marethari seemingly spreading rumors about Merrill which resulted in her being viewed as a monster by people who once called her friend. Are there any authority figures in Kirkwall that are at least somewhat competent?
Rodan56
Officer

Post by Rodan56 »

Winter wrote:Not to mention Marethari seemingly spreading rumors about Merrill which resulted in her being viewed as a monster by people who once called her friend. Are there any authority figures in Kirkwall that are at least somewhat competent?
No, there's a reason you can become Viscount. Being the least stupid person instantly nets you the job.
AlucardNoir
Officer

Post by AlucardNoir »

Rodan56 wrote:
Winter wrote:Not to mention Marethari seemingly spreading rumors about Merrill which resulted in her being viewed as a monster by people who once called her friend. Are there any authority figures in Kirkwall that are at least somewhat competent?
No, there's a reason you can become Viscount. Being the least stupid person instantly nets you the job.
Ehem, being the least stupid person and agreeing to slaughter all mages in the city circle along side knight commander ".... I'm not doing the right thing? What if this is all madness? No! I must remain vigilant!"
If Chuck or a mod reads this feel free do delete my account. I would do it myself but I don't seem to be able to find a delete account option. phpBB should have such an option but I guess this isn't stock phpBB.