Interested in Star Trek Online Playthroughs?

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
griffeytrek
Officer

Re: Interested in Star Trek Online Playthroughs?

Post by griffeytrek »

Oooh That'll do it! Chuck's gotta venture into STO now. His Nemesis has shown up in stereo. Admiral Janeway and Mirror Janeway (she seems quite nice. Very kindly, drinks tea, and turns you into a Borg if you piss her off)
Nealithi
Captain

Post by Nealithi »

Did someone find a good writer and director? I actually hated seeing the terrans turn on the Marshal.
Kate Mulgrew has knocked this one well into the outfield if not to the fence line on her voice acting.
And yes I had to pick my jaw off the floor when the emperor's prize was discovered.

Speaking of discovered. Neck thingy being a voice box confirmed. But it means the Disco captain is the expected captain here.
tyrteg
Officer

Post by tyrteg »

Nealithi wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:03 pm Did someone find a good writer and director? I actually hated seeing the terrans turn on the Marshal.
Kate Mulgrew has knocked this one well into the outfield if not to the fence line on her voice acting.
And yes I had to pick my jaw off the floor when the emperor's prize was discovered.
Yup - I felt the same way about the Disco stuff in STO. Suddenly I actually enjoyed it when it had some good writing behind it. I'm not asking for "epic Hemmingway quality writing" I'm just asking for a decent Trek. And just like with Disco - this time I get it.

Agreed on the prize. I'm really curious where they're going with it and I'm really stoked for the next episode.
The voicebox was cool but imho - not necessarily proof that it was the Disco captain. Yeah - Disco captain gets directly told by mirror Tilly about his counterpart but the fact the other's don't doesn't mean it hasn't happened. Tilly just didn't have time to gloat about it in their face :D
griffeytrek wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:33 am Oooh That'll do it! Chuck's gotta venture into STO now. His Nemesis has shown up in stereo. Admiral Janeway and Mirror Janeway (she seems quite nice. Very kindly, drinks tea, and turns you into a Borg if you piss her off)
Pff - I'm not gonna believe that Chuck will review STO until I actually see it come out :P
Mirror Janeway was really cool though. I hope we can keep her!
Nealithi
Captain

Post by Nealithi »

tyrteg wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:18 pm
griffeytrek wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:33 am Oooh That'll do it! Chuck's gotta venture into STO now. His Nemesis has shown up in stereo. Admiral Janeway and Mirror Janeway (she seems quite nice. Very kindly, drinks tea, and turns you into a Borg if you piss her off)
Pff - I'm not gonna believe that Chuck will review STO until I actually see it come out :P
Ditto both statements.
STO is fun, but the story is no longer very coherent. Good start, and the later season mission chains are good. But how you can jump around with the original story stuff is a jumbled mess.

I think there is one problem with Marshal Janeway. She has her own loyalty. Is shrewd. Does not play all her cards at once. And she does not waste time gloating. Which makes her the strangest mirror character we have seen since Mirror Spock.
Procstar
Redshirt

Post by Procstar »

Nealithi wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:39 pm
Ditto both statements.
STO is fun, but the story is no longer very coherent. Good start, and the later season mission chains are good. But how you can jump around with the original story stuff is a jumbled mess.

I think there is one problem with Marshal Janeway. She has her own loyalty. Is shrewd. Does not play all her cards at once. And she does not waste time gloating. Which makes her the strangest mirror character we have seen since Mirror Spock.
Yeah. When I talked to Chuck about doing a STO idea, he did say that it would be difficult due to these multiple story arcs.

Well, we do have Mirror Spock though to show a more quiet Terran officer. That is probably how she became Marshal anyways - not being a loud idiot who flings swords and phasers like there is no tomorrow.
griffeytrek
Officer

Post by griffeytrek »

Ditto both statements.

Wait I'm confused? I thought the kindly little gray haired lady sitting at the conference table was Mirror Janeway? Isn't the Prison Bitch Buff one with the Knife our normal Prime Universe Janeway? She keeps demanding Coffee so I assumed she was ours.
Nealithi
Captain

Post by Nealithi »

griffeytrek wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:23 am
Ditto both statements.

Wait I'm confused? I thought the kindly little gray haired lady sitting at the conference table was Mirror Janeway? Isn't the Prison Bitch Buff one with the Knife our normal Prime Universe Janeway? She keeps demanding Coffee so I assumed she was ours.
Well to be fair I was wanting coffee too. . . .
8-)
griffeytrek
Officer

Post by griffeytrek »

For the curious

youtu.be/qGCyG2lAqmw

I still don't trust the sneaky grey haired one at the table. And Our Janeway would definitely carry a knife. If just to threaten to cut off Harry's ears if he doesn't stop whining.

It is kind of wild that in the span of 1-2 weeks we now have 4 Janeway's running about the Star Trek landscape.
We have Emergency Holo Janeway. For when you absolutely positively want to kill everything around you... twice!
We have Admiral Janeway of 2411, displaying her standard levels of good judgement, by employing her Mirror Twin on an important mission... after she first killed hundreds of Starfleet personnel on Jupiter station, then Borgified the Corpses.
We have Mirror Marshall Janeway 2411, Apparently now the Borg Queen. She seems friendly!
And finally we have Admiral Janeway 2388, aboard the USS Dauntless, in search of the Protostar and Chacotay. Because NOBODY EVER ESCAPES FROM JANEWAY'S CLUTCHES! NOT EVEN THROUGH DEATH!
Procstar
Redshirt

Post by Procstar »

griffeytrek wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:27 am For the curious

youtu.be/qGCyG2lAqmw

I still don't trust the sneaky grey haired one at the table. And Our Janeway would definitely carry a knife. If just to threaten to cut off Harry's ears if he doesn't stop whining.

It is kind of wild that in the span of 1-2 weeks we now have 4 Janeway's running about the Star Trek landscape.
We have Emergency Holo Janeway. For when you absolutely positively want to kill everything around you... twice!
We have Admiral Janeway of 2411, displaying her standard levels of good judgement, by employing her Mirror Twin on an important mission... after she first killed hundreds of Starfleet personnel on Jupiter station, then Borgified the Corpses.
We have Mirror Marshall Janeway 2411, Apparently now the Borg Queen. She seems friendly!
And finally we have Admiral Janeway 2388, aboard the USS Dauntless, in search of the Protostar and Chacotay. Because NOBODY EVER ESCAPES FROM JANEWAY'S CLUTCHES! NOT EVEN THROUGH DEATH!
It is never my way...or your way. It is always the Janeway!
Procstar
Redshirt

Post by Procstar »

...and Star Trek Online just made Trek history. Congrats to the team for getting the chance to add their ships into Picard Season 2!

https://www.mmobomb.com/news/four-star- ... cial-canon