SW The Old Republic: Sith Inquisitor

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Karha of Honor
Captain

Re: SW The Old Republic: Sith Inquisitor

Post by Karha of Honor »

TrueMetis wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:24 pm When I say army I'm using that as a catchall, the Republic didn't have much of a navy either, and realistically the 3 million or so clones would still be to small for the massive Republic even during peace.
That is why i alway felt those armies needed to be way bigger for a galaxy. Coruscant has like 1 trillion alone. Now at least in the EU woman were physically capable just like man. That is a fuckton of potential soldiers.
TrueMetis
Officer

Post by TrueMetis »

Slash Gallagher wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:57 pm
TrueMetis wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:24 pm When I say army I'm using that as a catchall, the Republic didn't have much of a navy either, and realistically the 3 million or so clones would still be to small for the massive Republic even during peace.
That is why i alway felt those armies needed to be way bigger for a galaxy. Coruscant has like 1 trillion alone. Now at least in the EU woman were physically capable just like man. That is a fuckton of potential soldiers.
I'd actually expect Coruscant to have a population of way more than 1 trillion. At a population of 1 trillion Coruscant would have a population density of 2124/km² 1/5 of that of New York at 11,000/km². Which makes you wonder why the need for kilometre tall buildings.

Sci-Fi writers suck at math is what I think I'm saying here.

And for fun I did some other numbers. If we take the GAR and treat it as if it was just the army of Coruscant and use that population to soldier ratio to give the U.S. an army, the U.S. would have less than a thousand soldiers in its army, if we go the other way and give Coruscant an army comparable to what the US has it should have a standing active army of 3.9 billion. With another 2.4 in reserve,
SiskosMuthaFknPmphnd
Redshirt

Post by SiskosMuthaFknPmphnd »

I'm the type of person who'd rather watch multi-part videos all at once. So, is this done or will there be more?
SabreMau
Officer

Post by SabreMau »

There'll be more, Chuck just put the series on hold temporarily because narrating multiple 45-minute videos wasn't good for his throat condition.
SiskosMuthaFknPmphnd
Redshirt

Post by SiskosMuthaFknPmphnd »

Thanks for the info
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Gotta admit, one thing I loved about TOR is that incorporates not just music from the Star Wars movies, but also KOTOR 2. To me, the musical score really sells KOTOR 2 a lot. I can recognize a lot of my favorite tracks, from the Ebon Hawk, to Nar Shaddaa, to elsewhere. I miss KOTOR 2...
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Yukaphile wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:58 pm Gotta admit, one thing I loved about TOR is that incorporates not just music from the Star Wars movies, but also KOTOR 2. To me, the musical score really sells KOTOR 2 a lot. I can recognize a lot of my favorite tracks, from the Ebon Hawk, to Nar Shaddaa, to elsewhere. I miss KOTOR 2...
The same guy who created these pieces, was responsible for the soundtracks to The Force Unleashed 1 and 2 and The Old Republic. The deciders choose wisely, when contracting him for those titles as well. He was a worthy successor to Jeremy Soule and his work for KotOR 1.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

I know him. He creates the most beautiful, heartfelt music possible.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

FUCK YEAH! SF Debris confirmed something I'd wanted to hear for a while I never got to hear while playing TOR before it crashed on me - same-sex couples are possible, woo-hoo!

Huh, got a face reveal. I gotta admit, Chuck looked nothing like what I expected.

Though I must disagree with him. Gay-dropping is going to be awkward at least until we've successfully normalized the LGBT community to the point an average person can see loving someone who had transitioned as much as their preferred gender, or you see gay couples as normal as het couples. Meaning more room for "curious" people to wanna experiment, aye?

"Of course they exist! A couple of gay guys grabbed my cousin and beamed him up to their mothership!" Though THAT had me in stitches. Gives whole new meaning to the term anal probing, huh? ;)

So... Ashara is kind of like a well-executed Anakin stereotype then, sounds like.

Was... was he referencing the debates we've had on this forum regarding Jedi indoctrination of young children? Because I feel like he was... :shock:
SabreMau
Officer

Post by SabreMau »

Inquisitor I only played through once, so Ashara wasn't that memorable to me, so it's like watching her analysis for the first time. I'm not sure I would have caught the "she's a Sith in Jedi clothing" angle on first playing.

But what I am looking forward to is the eventual compare-and-contrast with Jaesa, both styles.