SW The Old Republic: Sith Inquisitor

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
SabreMau
Officer

Re: SW The Old Republic: Sith Inquisitor

Post by SabreMau »

Well, not necessarily immediately after all this. The timeframe will probably be gotten around to in the next 2-3 years. The one unknown variable would be how much longer they keep the MMO open. I don't think it's in immediate danger of going offline forever, but you never can tell with MMOs.
SuccubusYuri
Officer

Post by SuccubusYuri »

"I've been waiting for this" *Ghostbusters starts playing* Yeah, we know who was really talking there xD

Chuck opted not to take one of my favorite scenes; when you execute the Veil. Inqy gives them to the count of three, and kills each one. It's a great option when your Sith says "Yeah, that offer's nice and all, but all I hear is, 'I took all your stuff'."

Though I wish Chuck had opted to let the ghosts free, there must have been some good enough material in there xD
chaos42
Officer

Post by chaos42 »

Oh thats ending was good. I really want to see your 4 imperial characters all together.

Also good call keeping the ghosts, why set them free when you can have more power, i do think you should have kept the voss one but one less ghost isn't a big deal. and i agree with your way of dealing with things don't destroy something just because you can its a waste of good materials
SabreMau
Officer

Post by SabreMau »

Winter got the title Darth Nox at the end, indicating Dark Side alignment, though she seemed to take a lot more Light Side options throughout the playthrough than I did with my Assassin. I took mine pure 100% DS for maximum Sithiness.
chaos42 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:11 amOh thats ending was good. I really want to see your 4 imperial characters all together.
It suddenly occurs to me that you could theoretically run all four of them through a flashpoint together at the same time, if the characters were all on different accounts and you had three other players for them. And the BH would probably have to be Powertech.
Archanubis
Officer

Post by Archanubis »

SabreMau wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:09 am Winter got the title Darth Nox at the end, indicating Dark Side alignment, though she seemed to take a lot more Light Side options throughout the playthrough than I did with my Assassin. I took mine pure 100% DS for maximum Sithiness.
Pretty sure we didn't see every decision Chuck made with his character. Not to mention what he was doing during any side quests he did while playing through.
CareerKnight
Officer

Post by CareerKnight »

Inquisitor was the first class I played through the entire game as and I enjoyed it thoroughly (it didn't feel like it had a slump like the trooper did though that may have been my fault for taking a break). For the three classes I played all the way through their original storyline there always seemed to be one companion I didn't care for and for the INQ that was Xalek. I appreciated the General Grievous fan service but he's the last companion you get and his main like is brevity... meaning if you try and find out more about him he will dislike you for it which led to all my conversations with him involving me asking questions and then hitting escape before the conversation ended and redoing it all but this time cutting to the chase as fast as possible. Not Bioware's best design choice. That being said the main reason I was disappointed in him was that I felt the gormak Hadrik was a much better and more obvious choice for the final companion since you find out a lot about him on Voss and it would make sense to take him on as your apprentice.
CharlesPhipps wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:52 pm I paid for Chuck to play Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines.
Sweet. That's a great game trapped inside a fairly buggy one. At least mods have helped with that a bit though without the source code there is only so much they can fix.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

I asked Chuck to use the Fan Mod for repairing the game.

:)
CareerKnight
Officer

Post by CareerKnight »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:47 am I asked Chuck to use the Fan Mod for repairing the game.

:)
Those have gotten a bit strange unfortunately, the first time I played I dled one that just repaired stuff but when I tried to play again I couldn't find that one anywhere and instead had to go with one that fixed a bunch of bugs but also added back in some cut content including stuff that didn't go anywhere/was pointless. Like it the tutorial at the start Jack all of a sudden asks you a question with only one response that just gets a nevermind and then he continued as he does normally. It seemed like it might have been intended as a way to skip the tutorial but since it was obviously never fully implemented the modders' inclusion of it was pretty pointless.
Fixer
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Fixer »

SuccubusYuri wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:28 pm Chuck opted not to take one of my favorite scenes; when you execute the Veil. Inqy gives them to the count of three, and kills each one. It's a great option when your Sith says "Yeah, that offer's nice and all, but all I hear is, 'I took all your stuff'."
I was going to say, if you go through with the lightning option on the Veil, you see that they're not actually linked. The Veil is three con artists in total. They don't actually have any of the resources they claim to have.

Winter, you got scammed girl!

I like the inquisitor playthough. It was the first story I ran in SWTOR and it got me hooked on the rest. It also still feels fairly unique in that it allows you to play a villain but also enough breathing room to be a pragmatic and effective villain rather than cartoonish bad guy.

Not murdering everyone after they no-longer have a use to you means possible future allies and means other people will still want to work for you. It makes sense.

Where I feel it falls down is the villain. Thanaton isn't particularly memorable. Maybe it's because he doesn't interact with you that much, or he sounds almost exactly like my old Geography teacher but when he's finally defeated it doesn't feel like some kind of epic revenge has been settled. It felt like Random Authority Figure B has been removed from obstructing you.
Thread ends here. Cut along dotted line.
------8<--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SabreMau
Officer

Post by SabreMau »

Fixer wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:09 am
SuccubusYuri wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:28 pm Chuck opted not to take one of my favorite scenes; when you execute the Veil. Inqy gives them to the count of three, and kills each one. It's a great option when your Sith says "Yeah, that offer's nice and all, but all I hear is, 'I took all your stuff'."
I was going to say, if you go through with the lightning option on the Veil, you see that they're not actually linked. The Veil is three con artists in total. They don't actually have any of the resources they claim to have.

Winter, you got scammed girl!
I think this is that dialogue option, though I haven't played it myself in enough years that I'm not entirely sure.

youtu.be/hUd8cmDecIs