Superman V.S The Elite

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Re: Superman V.S The Elite

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:57 pm also, Chuck just assumes the general public in superhero universes just want to shirk responsibility. what if they literally cannot do the job themselves? Gothem City's justice system is incredibly corrupt, I'm pretty sure Jim Gordon, the female Question and maybe Bullock are the ONLY authority figures in the city that aren't corrupt.
Gotham City is a particular case. It's written to be a conundrum that Batman is entangled in. Metropolis sets the narrative of people being confronted by terror with Superman essentially resilient enough to stand up to it.

Anyways Metropolis isn't written to be corrupt lol that's an explicit point in Batman comics for a reason and we don't get any type of circumstance for Metropolis to just assume "maybe they already brought that stuff up offscreen."
..What mirror universe?
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:57 pm also, Chuck just assumes the general public in superhero universes just want to shirk responsibility. what if they literally cannot do the job themselves? Gothem City's justice system is incredibly corrupt, I'm pretty sure Jim Gordon, the female Question and maybe Bullock are the ONLY authority figures in the city that aren't corrupt.
I feel if that did happen some government officals would check on it.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Also Renee Montoya.
..What mirror universe?
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

Renee Montoya is female The Question. She took that mantel after Vic Sage died.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Post by Dragon Ball Fan »

I only said "female Question" because I forgot how to spell her real name. but I don't exactly understand the other points you guys brought up against me.

and Chuck did bring up Batman in the review, this whole thing is regarding superheroes in general, Superman included.

and am I supposed to believe that literally everyone on the planet went back to Superman's way of thinking? and isn't Superman forcing everyone in the world to think how he does?
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

CrypticMirror wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:21 pm
It never stops at one. Once you do it once, you'll find a reason to make an exception for the next hard case. There is a reason that the axiom is that hard cases make for bad laws. If you do a bad thing, like murder, for a "good" reason, then you open the door for doing it for bad reasons.
if that's true, then how come there are plenty of retired solders who completely stop killing once they stop active duty and some who even have PTSD born from the awful things they were forced to do or what about cops who are forced to kill criminals but don't snap and become serial killers, what about self defense? what you say is NOT a guarantee.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:11 am
It never stops at one. Once you do it once, you'll find a reason to make an exception for the next hard case. There is a reason that the axiom is that hard cases make for bad laws. If you do a bad thing, like murder, for a "good" reason, then you open the door for doing it for bad reasons.
if that's true, then how come there are plenty of retired solders who completely stop killing once they stop active duty and some who even have PTSD born from the awful things they were forced to do or what about cops who are forced to kill criminals but don't snap and become serial killers, what about self defense? what you say is NOT a guarantee.
Umm, did you watch the movie. The elite didn't kill because it was in self defense, everyone they killed in that film wasn't in self defense. They were assassinations, they try to torture those guys for information, they only kill atomic skull when he was helpless, plus all those people you mentioned have someone looking over them, which the elite lack.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Thebestoftherest wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:33 am
Umm, did you watch the movie. The elite didn't kill because it was in self defense, everyone they killed in that film wasn't in self defense. They were assassinations, they try to torture those guys for information, they only kill atomic skull when he was helpless, plus all those people you mentioned have someone looking over them, which the elite lack.
but the people I was responding too were the type that say even killing in self defense is wrong, if they don't care about conext, why should I?
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

This conversation segment stems from the construct of society/Superman killing one supervillain and halting thereafter.
Superman with PTSD. I like where you're going with this. What kind of circumstance can we put upon him to achieve this?
..What mirror universe?
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:02 am
but the people I was responding too were the type that say even killing in self defense is wrong, if they don't care about conext, why should I?
Because this is a thread about Superman vs the elite and Chuck review of it. If you don't want to talk about it start your own thread.