Your Headcanons?

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
TGLS
Captain

Re: Your Headcanons?

Post by TGLS »

phantom000 wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 3:06 pm Kino's Journey
Imagine if you could live forever but could never be a part of anything, it would always be just you entirely alone.
Kino's not alone, Kino has Hermes. Heck, Kino meets other travellers who travel with someone else.
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
Mad-Man-with-a-Box
Redshirt

Post by Mad-Man-with-a-Box »

ST Nemesis...NEVER HAPPENED, you won't believe how much it never happened.

In ST:VI, the spearhead of the anti-peace imitative was Section 31, which was more legitimate at the time as a black ops group. However, because of its role in disrupting the peace talks and killing Gorkon, the unit was disbanded. As the TNG early era proceeded though, and more threats appeared Section 31 was revitalized and pushed even deeper out of the light. Sloane was the first post-Khitomer head of Section 31.

Space: Above and Beyond: The Chigs fought the war with one hand tied around their backs because, they were fighting an even bigger bad. What this is...well I mostly would use this one to set up a fan fic.

CW-Arrowverse: Earth-1 Kara Zor-El is actually locked up by either ARGUS or their version of Cadmus. Sets her up to be 'Power Girl' in the future. (Note: for those not in the know Supergirl in the universe is on Earth-38).
All of time and space, everything that ever happened or ever was...where do you want to start? -The Doctor
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

SPACE: ABOVE AND BEYOND: The source of the war was the fact humans tried to colonize their breeding world. However, the Chigs were actually fully guilty of their attempt to wage war directly themselves as they assumed humans were a hostile evil alien invader race because we were so damned ugly. It was observation of human camaraderie and the fact we had so many conflicts among us that caused them to realize they were just like us.

Speaking of which, the majority of the Wild Cards squadron didn't make it through the war but the conflict ended about three years later with no major invasion of the Chigs planet or vice versa. Both sides eventually realized they could use kinetic weapons and a conflict was suicidal via MAD. Later, they also noted there was no real reason to go to war in the first place.

FRIDAY THE THIRTEENTH: Jason never actually drowned, he lived in the woods for decades after his death. The local lodges were full of food and he learned to kill and trap the entire time. When he returned as a zombie, he had been killed by Tommy Jarvis. So, the only way to kill Jason permanently is not to drown him in Crystal Lake but use his own machete against him. Why did he become a zombie? There's something terribly EVIL in Crystal Lake and it's Jason's father.

CABIN IN THE WOODS: The universe is destroyed...and promptly rebuilt several minutes later. The terrified survivors, having been killed, promptly become the basis for the new system.
phantom000
Captain

Post by phantom000 »

Ghostbusters-Warhammer 40,000

It seems like these two could actually fit together. 'A giant antenna for pulling in and concentrating spiritual turbulence' I.E. warp energy. Ivo Shandor was a pysker who tried to summon a greater demon to Earth and Vigo was another pysker who ascended to the level of demon prince.
APlotdevice
Redshirt

Post by APlotdevice »

The reason that the Romulans had cloaking technology during the Enterprise era was because the Tal Shiar had acquired and reverse engineered the future technology of a Suliban ship. Ripples from the temporal cold war, and also the Borg incursion into the past, are also what are responsible for the inconsistencies we see in Discovery.
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

Jonathan Archer was never a Captain until Temporal Cold War interference made him one. That's why no one in the prior series ever talked about him.
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
APlotdevice
Redshirt

Post by APlotdevice »

New head cannon involving the Klingons in Discovery:

In the wake of the augment virus, many Klingons opted for procedures to try to restore their “klingonness”. Over time this grew into an obsession amongst many houses to be “more Klingon than Klingon”, eliminating any sense of “humanness”, even the parts that were natural to their species.
Rocketboy1313
Captain

Post by Rocketboy1313 »

APlotdevice wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 7:17 am New head cannon involving the Klingons in Discovery:

In the wake of the augment virus, many Klingons opted for procedures to try to restore their “klingonness”. Over time this grew into an obsession amongst many houses to be “more Klingon than Klingon”, eliminating any sense of “humanness”, even the parts that were natural to their species.
In my head cannon there was no virus. All of Enterprise did not happen (cause it was crap).

The reason Klingons looked that way in the old series is because it is a TV show. People just need to stop taking everything so literally.
My Blog: http://rocketboy1313.blogspot.com/
My Twitter: https://twitter.com/Rocketboy1313
My Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/rocketboy1313
My Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/13rocketboy13
SlackerinDeNile
Officer

Post by SlackerinDeNile »

Babylon 5: The only reason Lyta survived her trip to Vorlon space is because Kosh intervened on her behalf and was generous enough to make her an agent of the Vorlons. Why they thought it would be a good idea to turn her into a psionic badass I have no idea, maybe so she could be better at warding off Shadows. Speaking of Kosh, I get the impression that while not all of the remaining Vorlons in the milky way galaxy (before they all left with Lorien) were cruel, destructive space-Stalins, Kosh was the only nice Vorlon with enough influence in their ranks to do anything about the current Shadow war.
"I am to liquor what the Crocodile Hunter is to Alligators." - Afroman
cilantro
Officer

Post by cilantro »

Okay, so my headcanon is that Star Trek Discovery is actually set not in the original timeline but in another universe and over the course of the series, Michale will eventually find herself in TOS's original timeline.